Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Any Cyprien news?

Quote:One of the tell-tale signs of a concussion, especially the "acute" kind, is when the person's arms go to a 90 degree bend at the elbow, also known as the "fencing" response. If you watch when Cyprien comes to rest on the turf, both of his arms are in this type of position. I'm hopeful that he'll play Sunday, but I ain't bettin' on it.

That was another reason I thought it could only be a concussion, but had no idea it is a common symptom. His legs were also spread out at a 45 degree angle.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This team, and the league in general, have gotten much more proactive about protecting the players from getting back on the field too soon from a concussion.  I wouldn't expect him back before Indy at the earliest.

I don't even expect him to be a full participant in practices for the Indy game.

Quote:I don't even expect him to be a full participant in practices for the Indy game.
That was the point when I said "at the earliest."

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

@HaysCarlyon: RT @ryanohalloran: Practice over. Cyprien was outside watching.

@HaysCarlyon: Gus Bradley says Cyprien's status will likely be determined Friday.

Quote:@HaysCarlyon: RT @ryanohalloran: Practice over. Cyprien was outside watching.

@HaysCarlyon: Gus Bradley says Cyprien's status will likely be determined Friday.

As bad of a hit against the ground as Cyp took, him being determined on is good news.. It definitely could have been a lot worse.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:As bad of a hit against the ground as Cyp took, him being determined on is good news.. It definitely could have been a lot worse.

I knew when I saw him get up and walk normally it could have been a lot worse.

Well the coach for Green Bay says it's a good chance Lacy plays and he had a concussion last week. But this is the Jaguars so they'll sit him and get torched down the field by a RGIII who's looked like crap.

Quote:Well the coach for Green Bay says it's a good chance Lacy plays and he had a concussion last week. But this is the Jaguars so they'll sit him and get torched down the field by a RGIII who's looked like crap.

Don't compare apples and oranges. I doubt Lacy got hurt the same way and spent a few seconds looking like a snow angel.

How is it apples to oranges when they're both concussions?

Quote:How is it apples to oranges when they're both concussions?

Some people stagger, others don't. Some people lose their memory, others don't. Some people vomit, others don't. And a concussion can happen anywhere on the brain.

Quote:Don't compare apples and oranges. I doubt Lacy got hurt the same way and spent a few seconds looking like a snow angel.

Ok...despite the fact that we are talking about a person potentially suffering head trauma, the snow angel line is pretty funny.

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2014, 06:32 PM by Kotite.)

Only want him on the field if he is truly 100% in the green. I knocked himself out (as a dumb teen). It took me a few days before I was right again. That was a big hit. I expect the coaching staff to bench him as a precautionary measure and we give up center field for Jay Gruden.
Only a chump boos the home team!

I can't believe JW made me laugh.. The Snow Angel bit was actually funny!!

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2014, 07:26 PM by Dakota.)

Quote:One of the tell-tale signs of a concussion, especially the "acute" kind, is when the person's arms go to a 90 degree bend at the elbow, also known as the "fencing" response. If you watch when Cyprien comes to rest on the turf, both of his arms are in this type of position. I'm hopeful that he'll play Sunday, but I ain't bettin' on it.
I found this picture of Cyprien which helps visualize the injury.

[Image: CORNHOLIO_NEED_HIS_TP.jpg]

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:I can't believe JW made me laugh.. The Snow Angel bit was actually funny!!

I do have a sense of humor, actually. But honestly I was not trying to be funny.

Quote:I found this picture of Cyprien which helps visualize the injury.

[Image: CORNHOLIO_NEED_HIS_TP.jpg]

Pretty much. Shakes and all.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

On that play, Cyp had an INT.  He went up and ripped the ball away and had it in both hands when his head hit the ground. 

I know he was out cold but nobody outside the organization knows how bad he was effected afterwards.  Looks like they will give him another look friday.  That is a good sign that he may be back soon.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2014, 02:14 AM by JagsFanClubOfMD.)

IIRC, Daryl Smith played the week after sustaining a concussion back in 2011, but that is the only time I can remember it happening.