Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Time to move on, Washington's up next

Quote:

I expect this team to find a new, even more painful way to lose

LOL.  I have to admit that I have not ruled out this possibility. ^ It's actually VERY present in my mind. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I expect to win this game.  The defense played really well until they got gassed in the second half with no productivity on offense.  I think we'll do more throughout the game on offense. Jags win 20-13

Here is my most unbiased assessment of the Redskins as possible.

Our strength is our defense.  We may have the best defense in our division this year.  The Eagles defense is not very good.  The Redskins have a strong front 7 and have upgraded the backfield which was a weakness.  They held the Texans to 10 offensive points.

Offensively, there are still some questions.  The strength continues to be the ground game with Alfred Morris and Roy Helu as evident against the Texans.  Everyone wants to talk about RG3.  The offensive line is weakest at the right side.

Against the Texans, he was better than he was bad.  He wasn't dynamic though.  However, Gruden said before the game they were just looking for him to play smart and effecient - he did just that.  They called mostly short quick plays to avoid the aggressive Texans pass rush.  He was very accurate even with the limited deep balls he threw.  His negatives were he held on the ball too long and took too many sacks for losses.  He could have made some better reads as he missed some open receivers and still needs to move in the pocket better and get a feel for the rush.  But as Greg Cosell stated, by them trying to make him into a pocket passer, it is as if though he is a rookie again.  This time he is learning new concepts and even fundamentals.  Its going to take time.  But from all accounts, he has made big strides but still has a ways to go.

The Redskins shot themselves in the foot too many times to count yesterday including two fumbles in the redzone, a block punt, and a blocked PAT to name a few.  The Redskins, despite a very good Texans defense, were able to move the ball well.  Defensively, they made the Texans offense non-existant.  The one TD pass came on blown coverage.

I think the Redskins will win this game decidedly.

Let me add, I think Bortles is awesome and the Jaguars are wasting their time by not starting him.

Here are two reasons I expect to win the game: no Jordan Reed and no Barry Cofield.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...r-redskins

The Redskins can't win a lot of games without those two guys.

Quote:Let me add, I think Bortles is awesome and the Jaguars are wasting their time by not starting him.

You're definitely preaching to the choir here.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2014, 09:38 PM by IBleedBnG.)

Quote:Here are two reasons I expect to win the game: no Jordan Reed and no Barry Cofield.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...r-redskins

The Redskins can't win a lot of games without those two guys.

Considering Reed was entering his second year and was absent half of last year, he isn't really as going to hurt us that much.  With Garcon, Jackson, and Roberts to name a few, the Redskins have plenty of weapons to attack any defense.  It falls on RG3.

Coefield hurts, but he was missing for the better half of the game and they did fine.  The Redskins have depth at the DL

After watching the preseason and the philly game, I'm convinced, this year we have a shot of winning every game we play. AND the guys are just going to get better.

Unlike last year.

Com'on man!

Sometimes you guys act like a bunch of browns fans.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:Contain RGIII to less than 50 yards rushing and the game will be very competitive.  This dude is an incompetent passer in the pocket.

RGIII rushes for 50+ yards -- Skins win by 10+

RGIII rushes for less then 50 yards - Skins pull out a 3 point win.

He reminds me of Vince Young.

Quote:Remember we cannot run the ball. No way Gehart gets 70 yards. I hope I am wrong. In fact he might not even play

I'm just gld Gerhart didn't blow out his knee.  I also think they need to use Denard Robinson more.  

Quote:If Fisch only tells Gerhart to run up the middle and puts Robinson in for outside runs, we just need better run blocking by the offensive line to pick up some yards. I hope Gerhart is not a full participant in every practice or the game because his ankle needs some time to heal.

You know I agree with this totally.  I'd like to add that I though our running game was somewhat effective in the first quarter.  I think when we were agressive, we had the iggles D quessing what the play would be.  We did alot of PA passing and on our effective runs it was in a situation where the run wasn't expected.  Once we went to our vaulted prevent offense, the D was basically waiting for the run.  We just became the same old predictable Jaguars.  

I'm hoping we stay agressive all day this Sunday against Washington.

Quote:I expect this team to find a new, even more painful way to lose

Indeed!!!   But this is why we are Jaguars fans.  The payoff when we become legit contenders is going to be great...  Just a few more weeks....  

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2014, 10:06 PM by Byron LeftTown.)

The difference was depth.  We lost the 2 key defenders we couldn't replace, and the backups whiffed on long TDs.

Look at Philly, they were already thin on the OL, lost their best OG and their backup OT who was starting.  BUT, the 2nd and 3rd stringers they had in there handled the Jags' D-line in the second half. 

Quote:After watching the preseason and the philly game, I'm convinced, this year we have a shot of winning every game we play. AND the guys are just going to get better.

Unlike last year.

Com'on man!

Sometimes you guys act like a bunch of browns fans.

Seriously!  About your first sentence, not the browns fans comment.

Despite the final score, this game was ours even into the 4th Quarter.  Against a team that alot of "experts" think is a SB contender.  We've got alot to be looking forward to at this point.  We lost, it was gut wrenching.  It hurt pretty good.

I'll tell you what though, I'd rather watch our Jags in that type of game then a Blow out that is over by the 2 Minute Warning of the 1st Half.

Quote:Seriously! About your first sentence, not the browns fans comment.

Despite the final score, this game was ours even into the 4th Quarter. Against a team that alot of "experts" think is a SB contender. We've got alot to be looking forward to at this point. We lost, it was gut wrenching. It hurt pretty good.

I'll tell you what though, I'd rather watch our Jags in that type of game then a Blow out that is over by the 2 Minute Warning of the 1st Half.
Definitely agree with that. It's progress as long as we are competitive in every game. We are one of the youngest teams in the nfl, we will find ways to lose games. By the end of the year, I think we can start finding ways to squeak out wins... hopefully with Bortles leading the education.
No commercial messages in sigs

He's been bad, but RG3 is due for a breakout game with decent stats. Wash. is looking at the Jags and are probably licking their chops. In a way, the Jags can take full advantage of that, since RG3 will end up trying to do too much again and just be patient and let him have it blow up in his face

I don't see us disrupting their backfield as much as Houston was, should be an interesting game.

Quote:He's been bad, but RG3 is due for a breakout game with decent stats. Wash. is looking at the Jags and are probably licking their chops. In a way, the Jags can take full advantage of that, since RG3 will end up trying to do too much again and just be patient and let him have it blow up in his face

When was RG3 trying too much?

Quote:After watching the preseason and the philly game, I'm convinced, this year we have a shot of winning every game we play. AND the guys are just going to get better.

Unlike last year.

C'mon man!

Sometimes you guys act like a bunch of Browns fans.

LOL Well we are used to losing like Browns fans. I think there are a few games that we can't win without a huge improvement on offense, but most of them, our defense will keep us in it.

Quote:When was RG3 trying too much?

When he played with a bad knee. But that was Mike Shanahan's fault. He should have been put on PUP and only played the last six games.

Quote:When he played with a bad knee. But that was Mike Shanahan's fault. He should have been put on PUP and only played the last six games.

That debacle...eeek!  Glad thats over with.

Quote:Go back to last year and continue back-tracking until 2007.
Before Caldwell and Bradley everyone was right lol.  Gene Smith and Shack Harris were terrible GMs.  Mularkey and JDR were average coaches.  Facts are facts, what do you expect.

I think the overwhelming disappointment is because we all expected to be beaten Sunday.  However, the Jags took absolute control of the game early and only needed to play mediocre the 2nd half to win.  The play calling went ultra conservative and the Eagles played average football (not bad but not great either) and came back to beat us scoring 34 unanswered points.  That's pathetic in anyone's book.

Quote:That debacle...eeek!  Glad that's over with.

LOL A Redskins fan calling it a debacle. I thought you would be happy your team won the game, even though they should have lost.

If there is anything good about having Jeff Triplette in Philadelphia last weekend, it is he won't be at Washington next week.