Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: What QB would you like to see start week 2?
Blake Bortles
Chad Henne
[Show Results]

Which QB should start week 2?

Quote:Regardless of how many "votes" Henne has, lets see if the Jags keep Henne as the starter and not follow the usual suspects on here into some knee jerk reaction.. My money is on, "they won't"..

Knee jerk? As if most people haven't wanted Bortles for weeks?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I really would like to see Bortles but afraid to put him behind this sorry offensive line.  It might be smart to let Henne stay back there awhile.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:I really would like to see Bortles but afraid to put him behind this sorry offensive line. It might be smart to let Henne stay back there awhile.

QB Fear is real

"Dave and Gus has done nothing to make me not trust them." Except go 4-13 and prove nothing else besides that. Question should be why in the hell do you trust them to lead a franchise to prominence.

Henne next week then Brotles when they come back home against Indy

GO Jaguars
;

The offensive line is bad at run blocking, but seems average enough vs the pass.

Anybody have the official number of QB hits the Eagles had? Didn't seem more than 5

And Bortles looked like a pro at this thing called an audible when he saw a blitz and could get the ball out quickly for big gains.

Quote:The offensive line is bad at run blocking, but seems average enough vs the pass.

Anybody have the official number of QB hits the Eagles had? Didn't seem more than 5

And Bortles looked like a pro at this thing called an audible when he saw a blitz and could get the ball out quickly for big gains.

But he doesn't know the playbook....

Apparently, an hour after their flight touched down, Bortles was caught by police leaving a bag of fiery dog crap on Henne's porch. The police officer responding to the scene, incidentally, saw the game today and let the rookie off with a handshake and a lift back to his automobile parked in some bushes down the street. Witnesses reported Bortles playing with the police sirens and sticking his tongue out the window.

Oh, and Ive been saying start him since we drafted him. So I voted play him this week, so he can torch the skins and be primed to take on Luck at home.

No one is safe.

Quote:"Dave and Gus has done nothing to make me not trust them." Except go 4-13 and prove nothing else besides that. Question should be why in the hell do you trust them to lead a franchise to prominence.
oh boy....

Quote:oh boy....
Exactly. You cant name jack [BLEEP] but hope? Folks were drooling over Gene Smith after year two too.

Quote:Exactly. You cant name jack [BAD WORD REMOVED] but hope? Folks were drooling over Gene Smith after year two too.
if you haven't seen the improvement you haven't been watching. Rebuilds take time but they def appear to be moving in the right direction.

Ask yourself this....

Which QB is the future?

and

What does Bortles gain from sitting on the bench.

and

Do you want to lose?

Quote:if you haven't seen the improvement you haven't been watching. Rebuilds take time but they def appear to be moving in the right direction.
Words like appear and rebuild does nothing for me. Been hearing those same words around the Jaguars compound for decades. Guess I havent been watching because improvement to me means wins. Players looking like they've gotten better means nothing without w's. When they get out of the bottom 3rd of the league we can talk about improvements being made.

It should be Blake Bortles. It should've been Blake Bortles.

I'm confused. Is this poll for which QB you'd like to see start, or which QB should start? Because the answer to those two is very different for me.

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2014, 06:21 AM by Bon Jagley.)

Quote:I'm confused. Is this poll for which QB you'd like to see start, or which QB should start? Because the answer to those two is very different for me.

Honestly. I don't know how anybody could sit through yesterday's game, along with the last two dreadful years....and still think Henne should start.

;

;

I'll be the first to say that Henne sucks and was one of the biggest reasons we lost yesterday, but I'm not sure Bortles should start Week 2.  I was fine when they announced Bortles would sit for the year (or at least a big chunk of it) so I can be patient enough to wait for that.

Quote:Honestly. I don't know how anybody could sit through yesterday's game, along with the last two dreadful years....and still think Henne should start.

Well, if you don't get it now, you probably never will.

Quick summary: when Bortles starts is to do with when Bortles (and to some extent his surrounding cast) is ready, not how good (or otherwise) Henne is.

Sitting through yesterday's game has nothing to do with it; the Henne of yesterday is the same Henne of last year. We know he's inconsistent. We know he can snatch defeat from the slavering jaws of victory. There's no need for a kneejerk reaction to discovering that Henne is who we alerady knew Henne was.

(This post was last modified: 09-08-2014, 07:16 AM by imtheblkranger.)

Quote:I did.. Because I'm not giving into some knee jerk reaction and risk the chance of ruining our franchise QB (ala Gabbert) before this O-line is fixed and Bortles is ready. This isn't Madden..
This was an excuse we made to justify Gabbert being bad. And I was a huge supporter of him, but he was just plain bad regardless.

Also, the line pass protects fine. Especially with Bortles pocket presence. He's not going to be sacked a million times like David Carr was, and he's flat out better than Henne.

I understood the "let him develop" mentality on draft day, but he just thrives on the field. With what looks to be a monster def, if he can make out offense at least mildly effiecient we'd be in a great place. And I think he'd do more than that. We would have won yesterday with him. I stand by that 100%.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Quote:I can't imagine a single Jags fan wanting to see the 2nd half Henne on the field again.

The 1st half Henne, yeah, bring that guy back.

The 2nd half Henne, well, this could be a family board, so I'll just say No thank you.

I think Blake Bortles should be the starter, because he gives the franchise the best chance for success & I haven't seen any evidence that shows a QB learns from the bench as opposed to on the job training from playing in the game.

That being said I don't feel this loss and the 2nd half is solely Chad Henne's fault.  Yes, he did buckle under the pressure in the 2nd half but he did throw a lot of catchable balls which were droped in the 2nd half.  The running game was pathetic, and the time mgmt (which Chad did blow) was bad, and the play calling (which a lot of that was Chad's fault since he was given the power to change the plays) was bad in the 2nd & 1st half.  I mean 4 & inches why didnt he do a QB sneak, and if not why didnt they punt I mean they were only down by a touchdown with over 6 minutes left in the game?  It was such a bad call.