Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Whats worse in your eyes? (The NFL hates women unless its make killing off pink jersey month)
Smoking Marijuana
Punching a woman in the face
[Show Results]

Punch a Woman or Smoke Marijuana.

Quote:Do Denver players still get tested for pot?

A lot of people in Colorado still get tested, in some cases more than before. I have a friend in Denver who was not subject to testing before cannabis use was legalized, now he is.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Just curious, is punching a man in the face socially acceptable, or no?

No.

I bet it's a rare occurrence that a woman hits a man in the face and knocks him unconscious. In fact, she was initially with simple assault for hitting him, but was not prosecuted.

I guess he showed her.

- Bob Marley

Quote:That's the part of this that nobody wants to admit to.  The players are the ones that signed away their rights on this.  If they wanted an arbitration committee on suspensions, they had to give something up on their end..and they chose not to.

In a sense, that is irrelevant to Rice's suspension. 2 games for knocking a woman unconscious is not enough, regardless of the length of suspensions for other reasons. In my case, I was thinking more in terms of comparison. This just shifts blame from the commissioner to the NFLPA. Goodell had leeway in Rice's case than he doesn't have with drug offenses.

- Bob Marley

Quote:Brian, I know you are a liberal, and liberals have zero ethics and have no issue deceiving or stretching the truth....but flat out bold faced LYING now???

I've NEVER made ANY statements on Ray Rice's wife. 

What the hell are you talking about!???  :wacko: :wacko:

I guess its true that all the NUTS roll to the LEFT Laughing

Short term memory going? Getting old, dude.

Nah, you never made any comments about gold-diggers, in it for the money, etc.

I know you think many posters here are stupid, but for you to try and convince anyone that you're concerned about domestic violence takes a lot of gall, even for you. You're here to try and make some kind of points (for which no one is keeping score) and to yell Liberal!

Won't you please listen to the masses and get a new act.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

If a woman punches me.. she relinquishes her rights as a female and made herself a combatant.

If a woman slaps me.. eh, those don't hurt and it wouldn't set me off.

Pretty simple stuff.

Quote:If a woman punches me.. she relinquishes her rights as a female and made herself a combatant.

Pretty simple stuff.

Strom, as in V-strom?

Im not a fan of either but hitting a woman just isnt right.

Quote:Short term memory going? Getting old, dude.

Nah, you never made any comments about gold-diggers, in it for the money, etc.

I know you think many posters here are stupid, but for you to try and convince anyone that you're concerned about domestic violence takes a lot of gall, even for you. You're here to try and make some kind of points (for which no one is keeping score) and to yell Liberal!

Won't you please listen to the masses and get a new act.

You claimed I previously made direct comments about Ray Rice's wife. I never have made any comments about his wife. You were caught in an outright bold faced lie. 

Then you disturbingly try to correlate that I don't care about domestic violence because I said previous comments in a totally different thread about women who were golddiggers. 

You're either about 5 beers short of a 6 pack, or you're intentionally dishonest and unethical in your arguments. 

Quote:In a sense, that is irrelevant to Rice's suspension. 2 games for knocking a woman unconscious is not enough, regardless of the length of suspensions for other reasons. In my case, I was thinking more in terms of comparison. This just shifts blame from the commissioner to the NFLPA. Goodell had leeway in Rice's case than he doesn't have with drug offenses.

I know I'm quoting myself, but I posted the above in a rush and did not articulate my point clearly.

The fact that the NFLPA did not negotiate a lighter penalty for marijuana use actually supports my position. The inference there is the NFL wanted four games, the union did not fight it. So the NFL set the standard for marijuana use, and it was not challenged. Then Goodell deemed domestic violence a lesser offense, based on the shorter penalty.

- Bob Marley

Quote:If a woman punches me.. she relinquishes her rights as a female and made herself a combatant.

Pretty simple stuff.

What if the punch did not hurt you? Is it still justification for knocking her out cold?

Compare Ray Rice's reaction to Jay Z's.

- Bob Marley

Pretty simple stuff.

Stephen A Smith?  Is that you?

Quote:The NFL believes it is a far worse crime to smoke marijuana than to punch a woman in the face.

Beat up a woman and only suspend players for 2 games or smoke weed and get a 4 game suspension.

Hope my children see this and realize its better to beat up women than to smoke weed. Keep promoting that thug life.

Thanks Roger.

How do you feel America?
I hope your children are smarter than you. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:In a sense, that is irrelevant to Rice's suspension. 2 games for knocking a woman unconscious is not enough, regardless of the length of suspensions for other reasons. In my case, I was thinking more in terms of comparison. This just shifts blame from the commissioner to the NFLPA. Goodell had leeway in Rice's case than he doesn't have with drug offenses.

Drug offenses are clearly outlined in the CBA.  Domestic violence issues are not. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Drug offenses are clearly outlined in the CBA.  Domestic violence issues are not. 

I understand that. I clarified my point a few posts down from the one you quoted.

- Bob Marley

Setting precedent when little to no guidelines were negotiated within the CBA will typically come off as too light, or too harsh. I would have liked to see a 6 game suspension, but I am not a player looking at a couple million on the line.

Given that the loss of Ray's salary will also affect her life as his wife … It isn't just a punch to the face for her, it's also a burden to her financially. She gets to pay both prices. Just maybe that was taken into account?

Quote:Can't I do both?

So basically, you want your bake and to beat her too?

Quote:A lot of people in Colorado still get tested, in some cases more than before. I have a friend in Denver who was not subject to testing before cannabis use was legalized, now he is.

Hmm, interesting. I guess that makes sense though.

That's a negative result for the occasional recreational smoker that is employed at a company that doesn't drug test very often unless an incident occurs.

Now, because of legalization, they'll really have to watch themselves if they want to stay employed.

For the record,, I'm absolutely for a company's right to employ a "drug free" policy if they so choose. Now, it's just a little harder for an employee who may partake one or two weekends a month.

Interesting.

Quote:Hmm, interesting. I guess that makes sense though.

That's a negative result for the occasional recreational smoker that is employed at a company that doesn't drug test very often unless an incident occurs.

Now, because of legalization, they'll really have to watch themselves if they want to stay employed.

For the record,, I'm absolutely for a company's right to employ a "drug free" policy if they so choose. Now, it's just a little harder for an employee who may partake one or two weekends a month.

Interesting.

What about an employer who doesn't want ther employees to drink on the weekend? Is that within the employer's rights to dictate?

A friend worked in HR for a local company that randomly tested three employees for drugs every month. The only time they "busted" someone, it was one of their top IT resources who had been there years. It took them over two years to find someone even mediocre at serving the same function. They were acquired by a larger company which quickly halted this practice as they found it to be a waste.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:What about an employer who doesn't want ther employees to drink on the weekend? Is that within the employer's rights to dictate?

Pretty soon it will be. We have all kinds of "health and wellness" programs going on with smokers as the current target. It's only a matter of time until drinkers, fatties, red meat eaters and any other type of unhealthy lifestyle abscribents will be targeted.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato