Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MJD talks to much

Quote:What kind of power would that be exactly?

Quote:The power to make people take naps.  Tommy doesn't have that power since he's not a celebrity.

Lol, stop being so naive. NFL players have more power than normal citizens. Are you willing to disagree with me?

Quote:I think Bridgewater at 3 is better value than Mack at 3, yes.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Lol, stop being so naive. NFL players have more power than normal citizens. Are you willing to disagree with me?

I think you're confusing a bigger microphone with power.

Quote:Lol, stop being so naive. NFL players have more power than normal citizens. Are you willing to disagree with me?
No doubt, that is the power of the spot light... one important caveat is that it also depends on what NFL player you are...you cant be the third string running back or a punter for a non important team and have more or less power than a citizen... MJD put in work for people to give a damn about what he has to say... but i do understand what you are getting at.

Quote:I think you're confusing a bigger microphone with power.

^^ this

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Bingo.

MJD has about as much power as a 50 watt radio station. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Its pretty clear at this point MJD is gearing up for his career in broadcasting after his playing days are through (which isn't too far off). I'm sure he'll make a great talking-head somewhere.

No one is safe.

Quote:Bingo.

MJD has about as much power as a 50 watt radio station. 

No. NFL players AKA wealthy people have more power than normal citizens whether you want to agree with me or not.

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:Obviously somebody hit you on the head at some point in time.

hahaha

Quote:He's allowed to do that, he's a celebrity.

Rico's on fire in this thread! Laughing 

Quote:No. NFL players AKA wealthy people have more power than normal citizens whether you want to agree with me or not.

No, you're conflating power with platform and influence. They aren't synonymous.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:No, you're conflating power with platform and influence. They aren't synonymous.

You're delusional. 

<div> 
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Clown.
</div>

Quote:You're delusional.

Than please explain to us simple folk how he has more power? Or what your eluding to how do the wealthy have more power then us simple folk....
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I can understand (for once) where Tommy is coming from, but he has poisoned his stance to a point where this thread was derailed 12 responses ago.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:You're delusional. 

No, you just have a very narrow view of the world and how it works. MJD can talk, people will broadcast it, most will just disregard it as the bitter ramblings of a washed up running back. His words won't change a thing about his situation: they won't give him his burst back, it won't give him a 1,000 yard season, it won't win him a pro bowl and it certainly won't win any more games for the Raiders. His words are powerless even though he has the platform to spew them. If his words had power then he could say things and they would happen, but they won't, so he doesn't.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

You people talk too much about MJD talking too much.

Quote:No, you're conflating power with platform and influence. They aren't synonymous.

Big words aren't going to help matters.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:No, you just have a very narrow view of the world and how it works. MJD can talk, people will broadcast it, most will just disregard it as the bitter ramblings of a washed up running back. His words won't change a thing about his situation: they won't give him his burst back, it won't give him a 1,000 yard season, it won't win him a pro bowl and it certainly won't win any more games for the Raiders. His words are powerless even though he has the platform to spew them. If his words had power then he could say things and they would happen, but they won't, so he doesn't.

Wow - sounds like you're the bitter one.

He didn't just show up on a street corner and start talking. As a sports celebrity he's asked questions and for his opinion. MJD has always been media friendly (and entertaining) and doesn't just give canned responses.

I think he's handling his situation a lot better than you are.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Wow - sounds like you're the bitter one.

He didn't just show up on a street corner and start talking. As a sports celebrity he's asked questions and for his opinion. MJD has always been media friendly (and entertaining) and doesn't just give canned responses.

I think he's handling his situation a lot better than you are.

I don't dislike him, and I wish him well. But, as I said, his words are just words; they aren't power. If he has a nice year then good for him, but it wasn't his talking that did it; but that's also not likely since he's on the back end of his career.

Quote:Big words aren't going to help matters.

Sorry, forgot where I was.  Blush

LEAVE MJD ALONE!!!!

<wads panties>

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Who is much? And what did he say to him/her