Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Toby Gerhart's name keeps coming up win Daniel Jeremiah talks to personnel guys around the league

Quote:The problem that I have with that piece, and a lot of the "Seattle South" stuff, is that Jedd Fisch isn't really a "run first" kind of coach. He has stated that he likes to throw more than he runs, but I've read a few places now - two I think - where we are going to become Auburn of the NFL.

I'm excited about Gerhart, but I don't think he's going to be the focal point of the Offense.

The jury is still out on Fisch. I've never been a fan of zone-blocking--it's a gimmicky finesse style. Players seem to like his approach, but does he have the chops to lift the offense out of dead last in scoring?

"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:When more than 4 games this year what?

Win Toby gets on the field this year, I hope he is able to help us when a few more games. That's all I'm tryin' to say.

(This post was last modified: 06-27-2014, 09:18 PM by Chuckd.)

Quote:Dude. Relax.
I'm plenty relaxed.

We are likely not going to have a very good right side line. That's just what it is without any injuries. After the typical couple issues, I feel like this will be our weakness on offense for sure. I think TG's ability to block and get loose on 3rd down will be as important as first down. I feel like we will have a lot of third and longs. I think we are gonna see a lot of stacked boxes again unless Henne can make them pay, but do feel Jedd likes creativity on first down so who knows. Can't wait to see how the line gels but think it'll be mid-season before there's continuity.

That said, we have some nice pieces to concert those third and longs.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>