Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles' reps increases over Henne's

Quote:BB5 received more reps w/the first string than Henne throughtout the entire session. His completion percentage surpassed Henne's as well...

Read the article...

The pengilum is swinging...

NH3...
What is a pengilum?

Anyways, add me to the list of guys that say anyone hoping for Bortles to be the starting QB in week 1 will be sorely disappointed.

Unless Bortles averages 6 TDs a game in preseason  It's really just not the plan. I don't see why that's such a big deal.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Don't really want him out there until the OL gels enough to make sure he doesn't get killed.

<FONT size=4>Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?</FONT>

If he has the full playbook down, out plays Henne in practice, out plays Henne in games, then he will have to start. Gus has preached competition and starting the best players. If he then goes back on that word, the players will know it and it will drive a rift between the team.

Quote:Yea, we get it...

NH3 = Ammonia = Urine

I'm not sure why anyone would want to label themselfs as [BAD WORD REMOVED].

:thumbsup:

LOL...

Hilarious...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:What is a pengilum?

Anyways, add me to the list of guys that say anyone hoping for Bortles to be the starting QB in week 1 will be sorely disappointed.

Unless Bortles averages 6 TDs a game in preseason  It's really just not the plan. I don't see why that's such a big deal.

I like the fact that Gus said he'll play when he's ready. I also like his statement of he won't play until he's ready...

What if he's ready to play. Do you give him the needed experience?

I Say Yes...

His Pre-Season play will help determine the outcome...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:This is the underwear league.  These Qb's have red shirts on and cannot be hit.  Gabbert looked brilliant in OTA's too.  Lets settle down. Preseason will be Bortles first test
^This^

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

Quote:So says "INVASIAN"...

My lame signature actually has an "True Meaning"... Google is Your Friend...

What about yours?

NH3...

Theres no "true meaning" when you use your name as a signature on a message board. Zero clever factor. LAME

Bortles needs to be holding the clipboard on sundays this season even if he outshines henne by a longshot. The reasons for this are numerous and obvious. He still needs to be rebuilt is the bottom line.

Quote:Bortles needs to be holding the clipboard on sundays this season even if he outshines henne by a longshot. The reasons for this are numerous and obvious. He still needs to be rebuilt is the bottom line.

Chad Henne is a 75 QBR guy who will have roughly an equal number of picks to TDs, around a 60% completions at about 6.5 yards a pop.

If you outshine that by a long shot, you have a rookie with a better season than Andrew Luck's much praised rookie year.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:Chad Henne is a 75 QBR guy who will have roughly an equal number of picks to TDs, around a 60% completions at about 6.5 yards a pop.

If you outshine that by a long shot, you have a rookie with a better season than Andrew Luck's much praised rookie year.

So So True... If BB5 plays at an acceptable level then he Must gain the experience of becoming one w/the receivers. Better Yet, the entire offense... If he outplays Henne I see No reason to have him sit. He'll fare much better being on the field creating chemistry of the future...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Let the best man win. If it's all about competition then let the best player play.

There should be no, "we aren't going to start this player cause of "X" reason" Let the best man win

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Sadly I Concur on your sentiments. I simply feel that BB5 Will Not be BG 2.0...

NH3...

If the O-line plays like an inexperienced line... we could see Bortles sooner than later.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:If he's ready, fine. If not, as soon as he is, start him.

Exactly.

The whole point here has been that Bortles will start when he's ready, and not before. 

I caution people to read too much into what's happened during OTAs though.  The real test to determine what will become of Bortles, and how much he has developed will be during the preseason. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I don't think it should just be about if Blake outplays chad. I would say if he outplays chad and IF his mechanics are sound he should start.. His mechanics are the whole reason Gus and Dave would prefer to sit him a whole year. It's not because they were concerned with his ability to learn the playbook and perform. He will excite in the preseason, I'm sure of it, but how will his mechanics look?
10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

Quote:I don't think it should just be about if Blake outplays chad. I would say if he outplays chad and IF his mechanics are sound he should start.. His mechanics are the whole reason Gus and Dave would prefer to sit him a whole year. It's not because they were concerned with his ability to learn the playbook and perform. He will excite in the preseason, I'm sure of it, but how will his mechanics look?

It's going to be tough to resist, because Henne is going to go out and pull a Henne in spite of all the sunshine pumping currently going on around here.

I think the staff has the intestinal fortitude to resist throwing Bortles out too soon just because Henne is the worst QB in the league, but it's going to probably get pretty ugly around here.

Quote:Bortles needs to be holding the clipboard on sundays this season even if he outshines henne by a longshot. The reasons for this are numerous and obvious. He still needs to be rebuilt is the bottom line.

Agreed. Bortles insertion into the starting lineup really isn't pending on his results vs. Henne in the short term. Bortles insertion into the starting lineup pends on when they feel that he's spent enough time/ repetition on the rebuilding of his mechanics/ fundamentals, so that its permanently in the muscle memory and he's not going to revert back to bad habits on instinct. 

People keep making the false assumption that its all about how Bortles looks vs. Henne in camp/ pre-season regarding who starts week 1. 

Quote:Has BB5 continiously improved to the point of the staff giving him more reps than Henne? Training Camp will be the Tell Tail concerning this issue. I for one believe that BB5 will prevail even if he stumbles out of the gate. The experience of starting from "Day One" will pay dividens in the near future...

I say start BB5 above Henne and allow the Experience to Begin...

Am I Wrong in feeling such?

http:bit.ly/1kwWkfu (As evidenced, it's been awhile since I started a topic)...

NH3...
I don't know how much wait you would put on the extra reps, I mean Bortles is a rookie drafted #3 overall while Henne already knows the playbook and what's expected out of him (plus all the starting WRs are injured)

(This post was last modified: 06-16-2014, 04:05 PM by NH3.)

Quote:I don't think it should just be about if Blake outplays chad. I would say if he outplays chad and IF his mechanics are sound he should start.. His mechanics are the whole reason Gus and Dave would prefer to sit him a whole year. It's not because they were concerned with his ability to learn the playbook and perform. He will excite in the preseason, I'm sure of it, but how will his mechanics look?

His mechanics and poise is why Caldwell placed him within his sights in 2012. In my opinion grasping the offense, making the correct reads while having command of the huddle are the true reasonings to which BB5 may sit awhile.

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:His mechanics and poise is why Caldwell placed him within his sights in 2012. In my opinion grasping the offense, making the correct reads while having command of the huddle are the true reasonings to which BB5 may sit awhile.

NH3...
i think his footwork and throwing motion (maybe not) need a little work.

I think the team's approach is right.

But I'll also say that if Bortles somehow does start this season, I do not think he'll get shell shocked like Gabbert did. I think he'll take it all in stride.