Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A Win at Philadelphia 09-07-2014

i'm less fearful of who the Jags are playing in the early weeks. Weeks 1-4 are not the same teams,during week 12-16.  The Eagles are going to have a great offense eventually, but they'll have tweaks and issues at the beginning of the year. A win on the road to start the season would be helpful for the long term plan.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If Blake starts it will be because he won the job and it would be disadvantageous to sit him. I think this is what our coaches want to have happen. It will happen sooner or later but hopefully sooner. I also wouldn't assume the first game means more than just that in a season. After the game you're either 1-0 or 0-1 and have to play 15 more games. Each weeks is a one game season in the NFL.

No pain, no gain.

Foles will come back down to Earth.  Plus he lost his best WR.

I dont think Philly is as good as advertised.  I dont think JAX is as bad.

I expect GB to have them ready to play and surprise a few folks. 

Well at least thats what Im hoping for....

Lane Johnson starting RT is getting suspended for PEDs. Chances are getting a little better.

Quote:Foles will come back down to Earth.  Plus he lost his best WR.

I dont think Philly is as good as advertised.  I dont think JAX is as bad.

I expect GB to have them ready to play and surprise a few folks. 

Well at least thats what Im hoping for....

While Djax was considered there best Wr. U could make argument that Riley Cooper was there actually best Wr last season. Djax was the more proven guy. I sure can't wait to see are defense vConfused there offense.

Quote:While Djax was considered there best Wr. U could make argument that Riley Cooper was there actually best Wr last season. Djax was the more proven guy. I sure can't wait to see are defense vConfused there offense.

Totally agree with you. If you think about it the Eagles really are one of the best litmus tests for this team to start the season. Good way to see if the revamped, DLine (hopefully with depth) and the speed added to LB's can pay off against a team where you have be well conditioned and chasing everywhere. 

Quote:I think…..

The first game of the season is the defining moment for the 2014 Jaguars.

The Eagles are expected to be good.  They play fast and have a returning QB who came off a great season.  Time will tell if they are good or not, but pre-season the expectation is that they will be.

This is a great game one test and measurement for Jacksonville.

Three possible outcomes:

<ul class="bbcol decimal">[*]Jags thump the Eagles.
[*]Jags are competitive.
[*]Jags take a beating.
</ul>In Option 1, if the jags beat up the Eagles in Philly, all bets are off for this team.  The media will start the by in and the team will feed off of it.  This is our best case scenario.  +8 wins

Option 2 – The jaguars are competitive and as a team we grow.  Highs and lows throughout the season.  Exactly what most of us think will happen.  Not a bad thing, but we will be waiting until 2015 for everything to come together. 6-8 wins

Option 3 – What the nay-sayers are banking on.  You'll hear a lot of “start Bortles” conversations and the pools will be a disaster.  Not what we want. Do we cover the 4.5 spread?

What I think anyhow.

Time Will Tell...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Option 4 - The Jaguars can't cover the Eagles WR's and get beat by 24.

Eagles 41

Jaguars 17
Don't forget Jackson isn't on the team anymore and Maclin is coming back from an injury.  Despise Philly...hope Jags put a beating on them

I think the jags lb core and offensive line is where the game will be won or lost

I am not that worried about Cooper or Maclin but I am worried about shady McCoy ertz and celek. Watson Smith and Reynolds all have the pace to cover them but its putting alot of pressure on young players

You have to assume our d line will be better with Bryant, Clemons, a healthy Roy miller and depth meaning fresh legs later in the game but if our olbs can't support poz we will struggle against run and pass

On offense if we can run the ball better we can limit the pressure on henne and for that we need Gerhart to be hit a yard after the line of scrimmage not before, if the line can't open up.ag gap for him and we see 3rd and 6+ regularly, it will be a long afternoon

The Eagles are built to win now and have stability from last year. We aren't/don't.

They are the clear favorites.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:Don't forget Jackson isn't on the team anymore and Maclin is coming back from an injury. Despise Philly...hope Jags put a beating on them
ignore him cow..he trolls hard here all the time.

Quote:The Eagles are built to win now and have stability from last year. We aren't/don't.

I don't think many people are saying they aren't.

Quote:The Eagles are built to win now and have stability from last year. We aren't/don't.

As will be most of the teams we play, at least early on. A few upsets here or there would eventually change perception though.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.