Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Brandon Linder signs

Quote:Question - is Lageman remaining on the broadcast as the color man? While I wasn't the biggest fan of Sexton, I always felt that Lageman did a good job and really seemed comfortable and a natural as the color man. 

Jeff and Tony Boselli are still under contract.  The only reason a change was made with Sexton is because the job came open wit the Jaguars, and it was a good fit for him. 

Personally, if they dumped Tony from the booth, it would be a good thing.  Lageman does a fantastic job during games.  Tony likes to hear himself talk too much, and he usually is stepping on Jeff when he does. 

Quote:That's not surprising about the national media offers. I think a lot of people may take for granted just how good he as at what he does. I am glad that he has forgone other opportunities to stay here in Jacksonville.

Agreed.  I think Lageman doesn't want to be away from his family to the extent that would be required if he opted to go after a national gig. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So when did the debate change from Linder to Lageman

Talking about a 3rd round guard signing isn't really exciting conversation I guess. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:So when did the debate change from Linder to Lageman

When you changed your avatar to that thing

Quote:Linder is a huge pick up... getting starting time from a late rounder would be nice.

Third Round isn't exactly "late". At least, not in my opinion anyways. I was always under the impression that a Third Round pick is an expected starter, so I'm going to treat Linder as such.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Third Round isn't exactly "late". At least, not in my opinion anyways. I was always under the impression that a Third Round pick is an expected starter, so I'm going to treat Linder as such.

I don't know if a 3rd rounder is an expected starter, but you sure hope so, especially in this case.  The guy is huge when you see him in person.  Looks like the real deal. 

I'm under the impression that the team's Third Round selections have been starters, even the infamous BAnger.

C. Ingram, V. Manuwai, T. Knighton and D. Cox. And more recently D. Gratz. I hope that Linder earns a starting spot, but my mindset is that the team didn't pick him in the Third Round just so he could sit on the back of the roster.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:I'm under the impression that the team's Third Round selections have been starters, even the infamous BAnger.

C. Ingram, V. Manuwai, T. Knighton and D. Cox. And more recently D. Gratz. I hope that Linder earns a starting spot, but my mindset is that the team didn't pick him in the Third Round just so he could sit on the back of the roster.

The lack of depth on the OL means he is almost certain to start.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:I'm under the impression that the team's Third Round selections have been starters, even the infamous BAnger.

I think trading up to get him assures he'll be a starter. 

Quote:I think trading up to get him assures he'll be a starter. 

That too!