Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gus Bradley

Quote:

true.....but remember Mularkey also was making chump change. (by NFL standards)
....When/ if Bradley gets his contract extension, it will include a hefty annual pay raise. Eating 3 years of contract at that point will be night & day different than eating 2 years of Mularkey's deal.

You know this how? Two years after his dismissal and I have yet to see his actual contract numbers.

Also be mindful that in addition to eating the remaining 2 years of Mularkey's contract, Khan also ate the two years left on Gene Smith's deal.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You know this how? Two years after his dismissal and I have yet to see his actual contract numbers.

Also be mindful that in addition to eating the remaining 2 years of Mularkey's contract, Khan also ate the two years left on Gene Smith's deal.

I don't recall seeing any contract numbers for Mularkey either, but I would imagine it was probably around the same amount as what Gus is getting currently.  TMD is just assuming things. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

But you really don't know what he was paid to be the Jags head coach.  That's the point.  We can all assume what he was getting, but there's no way of knowing for certain.  The details were never really laid out there.

I don't really believe the "majority of Atlanta fans" because fan opinions mean nothing.  I know you lean on it heavily to push this nonsense, but there's nothing to indicate he was going to be fired EXCEPT for fan chatter.  Sorry, I don't see that as a credible source.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Well, as you said, its a pretty safe bet that Mularkey wasn't making a yearly salary much different than what Bradley is getting. 

As for the Atlanta chatter....you can call it nonsense if you wish, but in many instances, where there's smoke there's fire. That Atlanta offense under Mularkey was largely ineffective come playoff time, culminating in getting shut out in Mularkey's final game there. The whispers of his departure were there, and they were loud, and there was indeed probable cause to assume they were accurate. 

Quote:Well, as you said, its a pretty safe bet that Mularkey wasn't making a yearly salary much different than what Bradley is getting. 

As for the Atlanta chatter....you can call it nonsense if you wish, but in many instances, where there's smoke there's fire. That Atlanta offense under Mularkey was largely ineffective come playoff time, culminating in getting shut out in Mularkey's final game there. The whispers of his departure were there, and they were loud, and there was indeed probable cause to assume they were accurate. 
Again, whispers among fans doesn't make it a reality that he was about to be fired.  I'm not sure how whispers can be loud.  You know what they say about assuming something, right? This is especially when it's the fans talking. 

In the end, it really doesn't matter.  He's gone from Atlanta, and he's gone from here as well.  The point remains, it's irrelevant what the terms of the contract are if Gus gets an extension.  It's absolutely none of our concerns as fans.  We know Khan won't sit on his hands if things tank badly down the road regardless of the contract situation.

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2014, 12:25 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Just found out: Mike Mularkey made approx 2.1 MIL per season as coach of the Jags. Which is right around what I had assumed he made on a yearly basis. Theres a site called spotrac that has this info. 

So, there ya go, knarnn. 

Quote:Just found out: Mike Mularkey made approx 2.1 MIL per season as coach of the Jags. Which is right around what I had assumed he made on a yearly basis. Theres a site called spotrac that has this info. 
The funny thing here is you're fretting about a 5 year contract and the current owner has now negotiated two head coach contracts, and both were 3 year deals, so I'm not sure why you were even whining about it. 

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2014, 12:41 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:The funny thing here is you're fretting about a 5 year contract and the current owner has now negotiated two head coach contracts, and both were 3 year deals, so I'm not sure why you were even whining about it. 

Isn't Bradley's 4?

And, not whining at all. I gave an opinion as to why I hope we would learn from the mistake that was our last contract extension given. Tried to support that opinion. 

Quote:Isn't Bradley's 4?

And, not whining at all. I gave an opinion as to why I hope we would learn from the mistake that was our last contract extension given. Tried to support that opinion. 

Yeah, Bradley's deal is 4 years.  Still, my point remains the same.  The term is irrelevant, and your primary concern about a 5 year deal is unfounded. 

My guess is that if the team does as many expect next year, Bradley's contract will probably be ripped up.

I like Gus Bradley's character, and I'm hoping he improves upon last season by getting close to double the wins 7 or 8 to go .500 at least this year.  The key to me beside getting at least 7 wins, is seeing the improvement in the young guys (rookies/2nd or 3 year players) .

Side note guess who is the top 3 richest NFL players of all time

#3.) Peyton Manning 165 million - does every commerical possible in addition to being the best regular season QB of all time

#2.) Madden - 200 Mil - Cash cow in the video game world, in addition to player, coach, and tv spokesman

#1.) Roger Staubach - 600 Million dollars - QB Cowboys & Real estate

Quote:http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/209...head-coach

It's too bad he was our 6th best option.

Quote:http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/209...head-coach

Careful...

That report emanates from The Bleacher Report. :whistling: 

Quote:It's too bad he was our 6th best option.

Yeah, yeah, yeah...

There's an interesting part in that article talking about players wanting to come here because of Gus.  I remember being chided for calling him a closer because of that very factor. 

Quote:Careful...

That report emanates from The Bleacher Report. :whistling: 

There are a handful of legit writers who work for Bleacher Report.  The rest?  Not so much. 

Quote:There's an interesting part in that article talking about players wanting to come here because of Gus.  I remember being chided for calling him a closer because of that very factor. 

Yes, but that article cites the Seattle players that came over as their examples. 

We'll really know Gus as the closer when its players from any team and zero ties to Gus previously, that are also citing him as the reason they wanted to come here. JMO. 

Quote: 

We'll really know Gus as the closer when its players from any team and zero ties to Gus previously, that are also citing him as the reason they wanted to come here. JMO. 
Cmon Mad Dog, you know that this has already happened. Mack said it, Gerhert said it among others.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Yes, but that article cites the Seattle players that came over as their examples. 

You've got to start somewhere.  Multiple players have alread credited their meeting with Gus as one of the reasons they came here.  Bradley already has a lot of positive buzz around him league-wide, so as players start to explore their free agency options, Jacksonville won't be an afterthought moving forward.  That's beyond crystal clear.

Quote:Cmon Mad Dog, you know that this has already happened. Mack said it, Gerhert said it among others.

I want to hear it from players with options; when the higher level players are quoted as saying this as they enter UFA, kinda of like what you see with top level UFA's always speaking about wanting to play for the Patriots every year. Then we'll discuss. 

Mack saying it might have been legitimate, but also was smart on his part anyway, he was almost a Jag. The RFA distinction made it one or the other. Mack wasn't quoted as saying this before the Jags reached out to him with an offer sheet. Not that I am aware of anyway. 

Gerhart wanted to start anywhere, and I'd imagine he would have said favorable opinions to whatever team signed him.