Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Andre Branch: Double digit sacks

Quote:Like the defenses who adapted to the wildcat ?

No similarities. Game planning for an offense is completely different from game planning for a defense. Not relatable.

On top of that, the Wildcat formation is not to an offense what the Lightning package was to a defense. And as I'll say again, the formations and schemes are only at their best when their are players who can execute.

Andre Branch was perfect for the Lightning Package because of his speed and his athleticism. This past year was essentially his rookie year. He can only go up from this point onward.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We should probably not count a lot of the HOF players' sacks because they were 'schemed'.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:He still has to go out there and actually make the play, right?  I mean, the scheme isn't making the sack.  It's still coming down to the player executing it correctly, yes?
Makes no difference, anybody can win vs air, he didn't have to do anything difficult to get those sacks. Case closed, he's still a bum nothing has changed. 

Branch's most impressive play was against Green Bay his rookie year, when he threw the LT out of the way and got a critical sack-strip on Rodgers.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Ah come on guys. Give the man his credit. If its the scheme that produced his stats then why put Clemmons on a pedestal? Didn't he benefit from the system as well? The same thing can be said about Chancellor or any of the other players on that Seahawks defense

Quote:Ah come on guys. Give the man his credit. If its the scheme that produced his stats then why put Clemmons on a pedestal? Didn't he benefit from the system as well? The same thing can be said about Chancellor or any of the other players on that Seahawks defense
Because I've seen Clemmons man handle OT's, I've yet to see Branch beat a guy one on one for a sack more than one time in his career. 

I'll be thrilled if he finishes with 8 sacks this year and 11-12 the following year.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:I'll be thrilled if he finishes with 8 sacks this year and 11-12 the following year.
As long as he's not the starter that'd be great, because he's a liability vs the run and he cannot get off a block to save his life. 

We've been one of the worst pass rushing teams in the NFL for several years and we have a young, progressing talent at DE that is able to pick up sacks.

Not sure what the problem is.

Quote:Makes no difference, anybody can win vs air, he didn't have to do anything difficult to get those sacks. Case closed, he's still a bum nothing has changed. 

I'd like to see you break down each sack and how he went against air.  I'm pretty sure you can't. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 06-02-2014, 02:05 PM by rfc17.)

Quote:This sounds like a rationalization to justify an opinion. If a player makes a play or collects a stat, then it's probably easier to just say "well the *team* allowed him to make that play" rather than entertain the prospect that your opinion might need to be re-evaluated.

I'm not trying to rationalize someone else's opinion.  I just agree with it.  Mike Shanahan with the Broncos went from Terrell Davis to Olandis Gary to Mike Anderson to Clinton Portis to Reubun Droughns to Tatum Bell....  rolled out 1,000 yard rushers year after year without blinking an eye.  The Pittsburgh Steelers seem to go through 3-4 OLBs like my wife does shoes.  They've developed schemes where players are highly interchangeable parts thus making the player himself less valuable.  Obviously there is a base minimum required skillset needed for the position but there appears to be a significant amount of players that have that.

Have the Jags created a scheme in order to take advantage of a unique set of skills that only a few including Andre Branch possess?  Or has Branch been able to take advantage of a scheme that allows for a number of interchangeable players to generate good stats?  If the latter, then I agree his sack total is not as impressive.  I'd be surprised if we'd let him go now since he is still on his rookie deal.  But if he is playing a position that is highly interchangeable, then I'd be surprised if he made it past his rookie contract.... unless we got a very team friendly deal.

Quote:I'd like to see you break down each sack and how he went against air.  I'm pretty sure you can't. 
I'd like to see you watch this video and tell me where he beat somebody 1 on 1

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...5eeceaeb97

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think this club has ever had a player with 10+ sacks in the same season as a QB who threw for 20+ TD's.. Came close a couple of times with Brunell..  

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:I'd like to see you watch this video and tell me where he beat somebody 1 on 1

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...5eeceaeb97

He had more than one sack.  You've implied he rushed against air in each sack.  Even in that video, he had to shed Wade Smith's block to get to Keenum.  Not air.  Keep trying.

Looking forward to your analysis on the rest of the sacks.  Also would like to get some feedback on the pressures he did have during the season where he may not have gotten to the QB, but he was impacting the passer. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:We should probably not count a lot of the HOF players' sacks because they were 'schemed'.

Exactly.  Somehow a "scheme" is a bad thing when it's a Jaguar involved.  Apparently, the armchair coaches like Swaguars look down on game planning when their football IQ would struggle to fill a thimble. 

Quote:He had more than one sack.  You've implied he rushed against air in each sack.  Even in that video, he had to shed Wade Smith's block to get to Keenum.  Not air.  Keep trying.

Looking forward to your analysis on the rest of the sacks.  Also would like to get some feedback on the pressures he did have during the season where he may not have gotten to the QB, but he was impacting the passer. 
He had to shed the block of a guy who wasn't even entirely facing him who was caught off guard by the play call, I could have shed that block. 

I cannot find anymore videos of his sacks online but I do remember them quite well. Other than the one against GB in his rookie year (his only sack that year) he hasn't beaten anybody one on one for a sack.

You might be the biggest moron on this message board. 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/jacksonville-j...ers-fumble

Completely dominates the LT en route to a sack/strip/recovery. I would like to see him win a lot more 1 v 1's like that.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:Exactly.  Somehow a "scheme" is a bad thing when it's a Jaguar involved.  Apparently, the armchair coaches like Swaguars look down on game planning when their football IQ would struggle to fill a thimble. 
Are YOU MENTALLY CHALLENGED FBT? I'm quite happy with those sacks, but to call Branch a good player for something that any player on the team could have done is just ridiculous, please just shut your computer off you ignorant troll. 

Quote:http://www.nfl.com/videos/jacksonville-j...ers-fumble

Completely dominates the LT en route to a sack/strip/recovery. I would like to see him win a lot more 1 v 1's like that.

Schemed.

Quote:Are YOU MENTALLY CHALLENGED FBT? I'm quite happy with those sacks, but to call Branch a good player for something that any player on the team could have done is just ridiculous, please just shut your computer off you ignorant troll. 

List the other players on the roster who showed similar production in the same scheme.  If any player could have done the same thing, why didn't they?  This is where your mental capacity lets you down.

For someone challenging the intellect of another, feel free to go back and read any of my posts on Branch and point out where I've said anything about him being a good player.  I know the skills in grasping what words mean aren't strong in you, but you should be able to find that pretty quickly...if I said it.

Please don't try to challenge my intellect here, Swaguars.  Trust me, stick to your mindless, random thought threads and leave thinking to those who can.

I'm still waiting on your analysis of the other sacks, btw.