Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tough Cuts

Quote:Lewis might get the axe. 4 wins and what did he do to warrant his contract?

not much. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:If Mike Brown earns a spot it could make Cecil expendable/ (trade)
[Image: beatdeadhorse5.gif]

Tandon Doss is the one that should be worried if Brown makes the cut not Cecil

Quote:Cecil is our #1 WR I don't think keeping our 5th WR is going to change his status. 

You're forgetting about Doss, too. He's almost certainly making one of the 53. So after Lee, Robinson, Sanders, Doss....that leaves 1 spot open for Shorts/ Brown/ Copeland/ Hurns to win the gig. Shorts won't be cut, so the way I see it, if one or more of the WR that will be fighting for that last spot impresses, I see Cecil dealt prior to final cuts. 

Quote:The TE from Fresno state intrigues me.....huge and athletic, however underused.....if he shows he can block he can take harbors spot as the number 2 TE and with Lewis who despite popular relief is effective when the Qb allows him to run routes instead of running into sacks(gabbert more than henne) and make chunk plays, they can be a tall red zone tandem

I like Jensen as well. It wouldn't take much for him to provide what Marcedes has provided for us, (on average) either. 

I think Lewis will be cut after this year unless he has a monster year.  We draft a TE in the 2nd round next year IMO.  Zach Ertz was 2nd on Daves board behind Cyp last year for our 2nd round pick and we didnt draft one this year so I cant see him waiting any longer.

Quote:I think Lewis will be cut after this year unless he has a monster year.  We draft a TE in the 2nd round next year IMO.  Zach Ertz was 2nd on Daves board behind Cyp last year for our 2nd round pick and we didnt draft one this year so I cant see him waiting any longer.

Chip Kelly is expecting big things outta Zach Ertz this upcoming season. Might be a player to target in your fantasy league if you are unable to land any of the big fish TE, such as Jimmy Graham. 

Quote:Chip Kelly is expecting big things outta Zach Ertz this upcoming season. Might be a player to target in your fantasy league if you are unable to land any of the big fish TE, such as Jimmy Graham. 
I agree, I really liked Ertz last year and I would of been happy with him or Cyp

Lewis isn't going anywhere.

(This post was last modified: 05-25-2014, 10:14 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Lewis isn't going anywhere.

Not this year he's not,....but it will almost certainly be his last here, pending a HUGE reduction in salary for 2015. 

Quote:Lewis isn't going anywhere.
[Image: 7al.gif]

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote:Not this year he's not,....but it will almost certainly be his last here, pending a HUGE reduction in salary for 2015. 

Depends on this year.

Quote:[Image: 7al.gif]

[Image: tumblr_mx8z0zb06e1qaoan0o1_400.gif]

Quote:Depends on this year.

lol....right, like he's going to be this all star producer in the passing game, right? Tooth fairy/ Easter bunny/ Santy Claus....

Quote:So you want to cut the best guy at his position because you don't think he is worth his salary? Are you writing his check by chance?
I'm not saying he'll be cut but if a unda or young TE impresses I could see him getting cut. Judging by the cuts Caldwell had made in the past he dosent settle for mediocrity.

Quote:lol....right, like he's going to be this all star producer in the passing game, right? Tooth fairy/ Easter bunny/ Santy Claus....

It could happen. I'm not writing it off, far more likely in being a reality than your well thought out examples there.

Quote:I'm not saying he'll be cut but if a unda or young TE impresses I could see him getting cut. Judging by the cuts Caldwell had made in the past he dosent settle for mediocrity.

I agree Caldwell won't wait too long....but this year, his hands are a bit tied...can't fix all of the area in one offseason. 

Marcedes will be here this year, and then thats it. 

Jensen could be part of the eventual replacement, though, I agree. 

Quote:I agree Caldwell won't wait too long....but this year, his hands are a bit tied...can't fix all of the area in one offseason.

I agree. Don't know much about Jensen.. He any good?

Quote:I agree Caldwell won't wait too long....but this year, his hands are a bit tied...can't fix all of the area in one offseason. 

Right. Because Caldwell has obviously been afraid to cut guys, right?

Maybe (I hope you're sitting down) Caldwell thinks Lewis is actually a contributing member of this team.

Cecil too.

I really hope you were sitting down for that.

U J Uzomah from Auburn has not the greatest stats but trust me he is going to be a heck of a Pro. His blocking was tremendous in Auburn's attack last year. He was a high school QB and has caught about everything thrown his way. His Senior year will be his Pro ticket.

6'5 264lbs with 4.6 speed! :thumbsup:

Quote:I agree. Don't know much about Jensen.. He any good?

He's a guy who was IMO a bit like Troy Niklas in that they were both underutilized in the passing game. Niklas is the better blocker of the 2, however. Jensen was a steady producer when asked, though. 

Yep last year unless he takes a cut. Time for a couple of new TE. I would like to see a pass catching TE and a good blocker TE. A combination if possible.