Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marqise Lee or A-Rob as #1 receiver?

(This post was last modified: 05-22-2014, 10:57 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:no one was taking the focus off of him last season. realistically he has been the go to guy for the past two seasons. 

also the front office has come out and said that cecil is in the long term plans for the team and the future. 

another thing is that sullivan, who is the wide receivers guru here, has come out and said that he doesnt like number designations.

sullivan also said that these guys are rookies, he isnt going to anoint anyone anything until they prove themselves. 

edit: i also want to add that you just dont like shorts. and it sounds like you are down on lee too. you seem like a guy more obsessed with size with wide receivers, even though you didnt care much about teddys size as a qb. you seem to prop up robinson and are down on lee but oddly enough on the NFL insiders, caldwell had Lee rated higher than Robinson. Now I also think Lee is the overall more talented WR than Robinson, I think I would tend to take caldwells word for it over yours, or anyone else on here who seem to like Robinson for whatever reason, idk if its to be different, or because they want to be the one who said "im smarter than you guys, told you so!" but Lee hands down is the more dangerous weapon. 

I'm not "down on Lee", I just think Robinson will be the better pro. I gave you my reasoning why in an earlier post, and it jives with watching both of their play in college. Try it sometime. Lee will still be a very good weapon in his own right, but I think Lee will need Robinson in the pro's more than vice versa (much like Shorts needs Blackmon or someone like that to reach his peak effectiveness)

As far as Cecil, I just see him for what he is, an average NFL receiver or maybe slightly better, who has shown so far that he can't stay healthy for a full season and as said, he needs a Blackmon type opposite him, to achieve his max effectiveness. 

I'm not a hater, you just seem like a Cecil jock sniffer. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I guess Jerry Sullivan is a Cecil jock sniffer too because he sounds pretty high on the kid as well.  But, what does he know? 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I'm not "down on Lee", I just think Robinson will be the better pro. I gave you my reasoning why in an earlier post, and it jives with watching both of their play in college. Try it sometime. Lee will still be a very good weapon in his own right, but I think Lee will need Robinson in the pro's more than vice versa (much like Shorts needs Blackmon or someone like that to reach his peak effectiveness)

As far as Cecil, I just see him for what he is, an average NFL receiver or maybe slightly better, who has shown so far that he can't stay healthy for a full season and as said, he needs a Blackmon type opposite him, to achieve his max effectiveness. 

I'm not a hater, you just seem like a Cecil jock sniffer. 

yeah caldwell is probably a cecil jock sniffer too. trying to get him a new contract and put him in the plans for the future. 

also i watch probably around 8-10 college games a week during the season. im not sure anyone watches more live games than i do. so thats just stupid coming from someone who just started watching like a year or two ago. ive been at it for over a decade. 

Lee is a dynamic player, a playmaker. Robinson, from what i have seen is a very good player in his own right and you have to appreciate his extra size and strength. the more talented player is easily Lee. anyone who doesnt agree with that hasnt seen enough of both players. and that would be you. im guessing you have probably seen maybe 3 or 4 USC games in the past 2 years. you have probably only watched 2 or 3 penn state games. just like you only saw one of UCF games with bortles until we picked him. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 05-22-2014, 11:21 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:yeah caldwell is probably a cecil jock sniffer too. trying to get him a new contract and put him in the plans for the future. 

also i watch probably around 8-10 college games a week during the season. im not sure anyone watches more live games than i do. so thats just stupid coming from someone who just started watching like a year or two ago. ive been at it for over a decade. 

Lee is a dynamic player, a playmaker. Robinson, from what i have seen is a very good player in his own right and you have to appreciate his extra size and strength. the more talented player is easily Lee. anyone who doesnt agree with that hasnt seen enough of both players. and that would be you. im guessing you have probably seen maybe 3 or 4 USC games in the past 2 years. you have probably only watched 2 or 3 penn state games. just like you only saw one of UCF games with bortles until we picked him. 

Yeah, in my area (Penn State on every week, locally), I've only seen 2 or 3 games of Robinson.... Rolleyes 

Robinson's size/ skill set simply will prove more advantageous to the pro's than Lee's, IMO. I mean, we're really picking at straws here, since I'm not trying to make it sound like Lee will be chopped liver, but YOU are almost trying to put words in my mouth to angle your argument that way....but I do think that Lee will need Robinson more than vice versa to reach his potential. 

You just seem to like smaller WR's. Maybe you just identify with small things better. 

Quote:Yeah, in my area (Penn State on every week, locally), I've only seen 2 or 3 games of Robinson.... Rolleyes 

Robinson's size/ skill set simply will prove more advantageous to the pro's than Lee's, IMO. I mean, we're really picking at straws here, since I'm not trying to make it sound like Lee will be chopped liver, but YOU are almost trying to put words in my mouth to angle your argument that way....but I do think that Lee will need Robinson more than vice versa to reach his potential. 

You just seem to like smaller WR's. Maybe you just identify with small things better. 

lee is 6' tall. thats an average sized WR. he is 1 inch shorter than blackmon who you seem to think is elite. i guess that 1 inch matters to you. i guess you really identify with 1 inch better. 

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 05-22-2014, 11:34 AM by Achilles.)

Mike Wallace, Desean Jackson, Percy Harvin, Justin Blackmon, Roddy White, Steve Smith, Reggie Wayne, Greg Jennings, Victor Cruz, Randle Cobb.  All of these guys are active WRs who are 6'1 or under.

How many of those guys are considered the vaunted "#1" WR of their teams or have been? All of them except for Cobb. Weird. 

edit: there are also more examples if you want. i can go to inactive WRs. how tall was jerry rice?

Quote:lee is 6' tall. thats an average sized WR. he is 1 inch shorter than blackmon who you seem to think is elite. i guess that 1 inch matters to you. i guess you really identify with 1 inch better. 

Blackmon is also 20 lbs heavier and plays a much more physical game than Lee. (or Shorts for that matter). 

Quote:Blackmon is also 20 lbs heavier and plays a much more physical game than Lee. (or Shorts for that matter). 

i knew you were going to go there so i posted again before you replied. also im sure Lee, like every player, will add some weight once they get into the league. 

Quote:Mike Wallace, Desean Jackson, Percy Harvin, Justin Blackmon, Roddy White, Steve Smith, Reggie Wayne, Greg Jennings, Victor Cruz, Randle Cobb.  All of these guys are active WRs who are 6'1 or under.

How many of those guys are considered the vaunted "#1" WR of their teams or have been? All of them except for Cobb. Weird. 

This is stupid...."smaller" WR's isn't just about "height" its about frame and how physical their game's are. 

For the record, I absolutely HATE the kind of WR DeSean Jackson is. Over Over rated. One trick pony nowhere near worth the money he was making/ or the money the Redskins gave him. 

Quote:also i watch probably around 8-10 college games a week during the season. im not sure anyone watches more live games than i do. so thats just stupid coming from someone who just started watching like a year or two ago. ive been at it for over a decade. 

I hope you are proud of yourself.

Quote:This is stupid...."smaller" WR's isn't just about "height" its about frame and how physical their game's are. 

For the record, I absolutely HATE the kind of WR DeSean Jackson is. Over Over rated. One trick pony nowhere near worth the money he was making/ or the money the Redskins gave him. 

ok well its pointless to argue with the genius TMD. time will tell. we will see. 

Quote:I hope you are proud of yourself.

i very much am. thanks for the well wishes. 

Quote:I hope you are proud of yourself.

I suddenly thought of Frank Rizzo on the Jerky Boys....

...."you do huh?....I'm very proud of ya!" Laughing Laughing 

Lee @ 100% is a better WR.

Robinson is like Matt Jones

Quote: 

Robinson is like Matt Jones

Well, yeah, except for the fact that Robinson has better hands, better catch radius, 39 in vertical that he's proven to use to execute jump ball type catches and win most one on one battles, plays faster, more agile, better route runner, better in YAC yards, and plays smarter. 

But otherwise, you're right. 

Another Penn State bust at WR.  Pretty sad when the best WRs to come out of that farmtown JoePa cult place otherwise known as State College PA is Jimmy Cefalo, Bobby Engram, and OJ McDuffie.

Quote:Well, yeah, except for the fact that Robinson has better hands, better catch radius, 39 in vertical that he's proven to use to execute jump ball type catches and win most one on one battles, plays faster, more agile, better route runner, better in YAC yards, and plays smarter. 

But otherwise, you're right. 

1 good catch against Michigan and all of the sudden he's proclaimed the Bill Walton of jump balls.

3 catches for 29 yards in 2011.  Seriously??

Quote:Another Penn State bust at WR.  Pretty sad when the best WRs to come out of that farmtown JoePa cult place otherwise known as State College PA is Jimmy Cefalo, Bobby Engram, and OJ McDuffie.

I knew people were going to start this....

Different regimes, man.....

Bill O Brien is not JoPa. 

So every WR to come out of Penn State is supposed to suck in the pro's now because of how they translated under a former program???

If every WR does their job when the ball comes their way we don't need a "#1"

Lee and Robinson both have the opportunity to be dynamic players in the NFL it just remains to be seen if they actually achieve that.