Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rookie Camping With FBT - 5/16/14

Quote:Thanks FBT. Sounds like he is passing the eye test and will get plenty of needed work.. As you said we'll know more when he plays in live situations.

From my perspective, he certainly does.  There's work to do there, but you don't see the kind of flaws that would raise flags that he was a bad pick.  He'll have time to work out the kinks.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Looks like they are really not wasting any time working with him.

It's nice scouting a player so extensively, looks like they know exactly what his biggest weaknesses are and are quickly addressing them.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Thanks FBT.

I didn't expect you to post anything until training camp, so this was a welcome bonus. Your write-ups are still way better than the professionals.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Just out of curiosity is it easy to mix up/mistake players when writing reports?

Is arm strength something that can really be developed like footwork & mechanics?  I would have thought it's something you're either blessed with or not.  Is it a game changer? 

[Image: gif_im_color_dither_200_gif_300x100_76f40b.gif]

Quote:Is arm strength something that can really be developed like footwork & mechanics? I would have thought it's something you're either blessed with or not. Is it a game changer?
Bortles footwork was pretty sloppy, stepping into a throw or leading with your foot etc will have an impact on how hard the ball is thrown.

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2014, 06:20 PM by HeadSlap.)

Quote:Is arm strength something that can really be developed like footwork & mechanics?  I would have thought it's something you're either blessed with or not.  Is it a game changer? 
It is all physics.

Foot work offer a stable platform. Stabilization of Mechanics reduced wasted energy and improves accuracy

Mechanics are what transfer the energy to the ball.

Energy transferred is evident in velocity, Stabilization of Mechanics reduce margin of error.

Scelfo and Fisch are tickled teal to have this foundation to work with.

I'm guessing that Bradley, Caldwell and Khan are equally pleased.

HeadSlap

#DTWD

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

I've heard that guys like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have improved their arm strength in the NFL with refined mechanics and footwork.

If you have good footwork and you still have a weak arm, it will probably stay weak (see Chad Pennington)

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2014, 06:28 PM by ObjectiveJag.)

[quote name="SuperJville" post="208835" timestamp="1400365163"]

I've heard that guys like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have improved their arm strength in the NFL with refined mechanics and footwork. I don't think he has a weak arm though.. Watch his pro day tape.

If you have good footwork and you still have a weak arm, it will probably stay weak (see Chad Pennington)[/. I don't think he has a weak arm though.. Watch his pro day ta

Quote:[quote name="SuperJville" post="208835" timestamp="1400365163"]

I've heard that guys like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have improved their arm strength in the NFL with refined mechanics and footwork. I don't think he has a weak arm though.. Watch his pro day tape.

If you have good footwork and you still have a weak arm, it will probably stay weak (see Chad Pennington)[/. I don't think he has a weak arm though.. Watch his pro day ta

I know, I wasn't implying that Blake has a weak arm.

i think he's got a pretty good arm, and with improvement in his footwork, I don't think we'll ever discuss his arm as one of his weaknesses.

As many have mentioned thanks for the great report I also look forward to your reports above all others.

"If this team gets lessons from losing they should all be Einsteins by now."---Jaguarmvp

"Football is not played on paper, its played inside Televisions"---Random Poster BCC

Quote:I know, I wasn't implying that Blake has a weak arm.

i think he's got a pretty good arm, and with improvement in his footwork, I don't think we'll ever discuss his arm as one of his weaknesses.
gotcha and I would agree. I don't feel like his arm will ever be elite but I don't think it needs to be. I'm pretty excited about this kid.

Tim: you said no flaws that raise flags. Did Gabbert or any previous Jags pick raise flags during underwear practices?

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote:It is all physics.

Foot work offer a stable platform. Stabilization of Mechanics reduced wasted energy and improves accuracy

Mechanics are what transfer the energy to the ball.

Energy transferred is evident in velocity, Stabilization of Mechanics reduce margin of error.

Scelfo and Fisch are tickled teal to have this foundation to work with.

I'm guessing that Bradley, Caldwell and Khan are equally pleased.

HeadSlap

#DTWD

Ah I get it. I thought the footwork was more related to accuracy, it never occured to me that it was in fact something that can increase ball speed or distance.  Cool.  Thanks for explaining, I'm less concerned with the arm strength issue now...well, I'm hopeful that Blake's new mechanics will become second nature at least.  I think sometimes though, in real game situations players sometimes have a tendency to revert back to what feels natural to them, the adrenalin is flowing  and all the coaching goes out the window. Blaine would look really good in practice and then regress in games.  I  think this is why it's a good idea for Blake to sit out the year...he needs time so the corrections can become permanent and feel natural.  He appears to have all the other important intangibles...that Blaine clearly did not.  Future looks bright.

Quote:I've heard that guys like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have improved their arm strength in the NFL with refined mechanics and footwork.

If you have good footwork and you still have a weak arm, it will probably stay weak (see Chad Pennington)

Well now you've just killed my happiness.

(This post was last modified: 05-17-2014, 08:05 PM by ThunderCat.)

Quote:Tim: you said no flaws that raise flags. Did Gabbert or any previous Jags pick raise flags during underwear practices?

Good question! I also would like to get an objective recolection from anyone that went to Gabberts rookie mini camp. Was there anything that stood out at the time but maybe was just overlooked? Did Gabbert show qualities like "climbing the pocket" a la Bortles? Or was it just kind of meh? One thing I remember about Gabbert was that line drive he would throw. Just no arc to his passes. But I never thought it would always stay that way. 

Quote:I've heard that guys like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady have improved their arm strength in the NFL with refined mechanics and footwork.

Chad Pennington had a nice arm before his arm starting coming off at the shoulder.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

I'd like to see Stephen Morris make the roster--as a quarterback.

Good stuff FBT. That's a lot of info that fans from other areas (such as myself) don't get that much detailed reporting.

When I read your write-ups, it's almost like I'm listening to a radio broadcast of it as it's happening. Good work.

I look forward to any of your reports such as this every year. Kudos for your time and effort.

Thanks!

Quote:I'd like to see Stephen Morris make the roster--as a quarterback.

That's how he is listed on the website Roster, #6 QB.