Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Would you be happy if the Jaguars Continued having a game in London for the next 10-15 years?
Yes, It will help expand our image
Yes, It helps me save money on season tickets
No, I miss having that extra Home game
No, the fatigue resulting from all that travel is bad for our players
[Show Results]

London Games

No!

Unless they get away games.

Home games are an advantage. That one home game can mean a playoff game.

London is about winning. Winning in the monetary dept. all about the Benji's.

But not about winning on the field.

12th man. Bring the noise. Duuuuvaaaal.

That's doesn't happen on neutral ground.... Where the away team has the same advantage.

I know the Brits may want to see them there... They don't want to see Fulham.

Still pisses me off that that many HOME games are giving the opponent the same advantage.
Blakes Life Matters

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:No!

Unless they get away games.

Home games are an advantage. That one home game can mean a playoff game.

London is about winning. Winning in the monetary dept. all about the Benji's.

But not about winning on the field.

12th man. Bring the noise. Duuuuvaaaal.

That's doesn't happen on neutral ground.... Where the away team has the same advantage.

I know the Brits may want to see them there... They don't want to see Fulham.

Still [BAD WORD REMOVED] me off that that many HOME games are giving the opponent the same advantage.

Away games defeats the purpose of playing in London.  It's about the revenue.  For a team that is revenue challenged, that London game reaps huge rewards. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Away games defeats the purpose of playing in London.  It's about the revenue.  For a team that is revenue challenged, that London game reaps huge rewards. 
Then I dont like any London games. IF that one game on a neutral site can possibly be the cause of missing the playoffs due to no homefield advantage, then the purpose of being a fan is diminished.

I cant comment on " it may save the team" and all that. My thinking is winning saves the team, causes demand, etc.

I may be in the minority, but as a fan and as a fans hopes of home playoff games, Superbowl, etc..home games away do zip for the ones who sat through the misery the last few years. On top of that, the last two were premium games many would have liked to see.

But,it is what it is. Aint my team. But if on field performance remains the status quo...London games wont help. Thats prognosticating, but then so is supporting the London games to "save" the team. Again..just win.

Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Then I dont like any London games. IF that one game on a neutral site can possibly be the cause of missing the playoffs due to no homefield advantage, then the purpose of being a fan is diminished.

I cant comment on " it may save the team" and all that. My thinking is winning saves the team, causes demand, etc.

I may be in the minority, but as a fan and as a fans hopes of home playoff games, Superbowl, etc..home games away do zip for the ones who sat through the misery the last few years. On top of that, the last two were premium games many would have liked to see.

But,it is what it is. Aint my team. But if on field performance remains the status quo...London games wont help. Thats prognosticating, but then so is supporting the London games to "save" the team. Again..just win.

I'm pretty sure the goal Khan has had all along is to make that London game feel as much like a true home game as they possibly can.  That's why you've got 30k+ members of the fan club over there.  That's why you have full time employees working on ticketing and marketing.  They want that game to be just like a home game in Jacksonville. 

There's nothing the city of Jacksonville can do to help the bottom line to the extent one game in London does.  They've shown the numbers.  Winning will close the gap, but they simply have more revenue opportunities in London than they do in Jax,  When the revenues for 1 game account for 15% of the revenue stream for the team, that speaks volumes. 

You're not breaking any new ground with your concerns here.  All of us expressed similar issues a year ago when the game was announced.  However, you have to set aside the home field advantage thing and accept the reality that this is a small market with a low revenue team by NFL standards.  That alone puts the franchise in jeopardy.  The remedy to that is to do what they are, playing a game in London.  It means the difference between profit and loss. 

I'll accept losing one home game as opposed to losing 10. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Just got a interesting Facebook IM from one of my good buddies who work at St. Vincent's Southside.

She said the Ticket Reps has a strong sense that If the team nets a +5 to 20% revenue increase (minus the London game) in the next 2 seasons, the team will not renew the London deal.

She also said the reps have signed up "a good deal of new STEers" since being at the hospital this morning.

I have to give it to Khan and Lamping, they are pulling out all the stops and is really committed to the community.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

True or not, I want to see them do everything they can short of playing multiple home games away to meet Shad's goal of getting to the middle of the pack in terms of revenue. That will insure the long term stability we're all seeking.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Away games defeats the purpose of playing in London.  It's about the revenue.  For a team that is revenue challenged, that London game reaps huge rewards. 

My question is:  why do we need to given them our most appealing game on our schedule?  additonally, if you look at it on a prorated basis, every 5 years they should have to assume the responsibility to support 1 preseason game.

Quote:My question is:  why do we need to given them our most appealing game on our schedule?  additonally, if you look at it on a prorated basis, every 5 years they should have to assume the responsibility to support 1 preseason game.

I predicted when this was announced last year that we'd see our best game each year cherry picked and sent to London.  The league makes that call.  They're not going to send Cleveland to play the Jags in London if they can send Dallas over there.  They're (the NFL) making money off this too.

To be honest, they could probably have sent Cleveland. All the games sell out pretty quickly.

I'm going to see the Dolphins game with my wife and my brother too. A lot of people buy a season pass to see all the games.

After watching the State of the Franchise the other day I can see why so many people doubt the viability of keeping the Jags here. I personally, and I'm sure there are others, who didn't really know the details as far as how our market has the cards stacked against its favor so heavily. Winning will solve all financial woes long term, but for now I''ll gladly give up a home game to keep the team in Jax.

I would rather double my season ticket price than lose this team being here, Jags are Jacksonville, they are the hometown team that many of us grew up loving. London is helping a hell of a lot more than I imagined. Thankfully. Smile

(This post was last modified: 05-15-2014, 08:06 PM by Infamous Saint.)

Voting is close. And Sir_Kegley I agree with you. I don't see the Jags moving as long as Khan is our owner. 

On that note if I see another article from some un-informed, uneducated, 3rd grade level writing columnist saying that we are moving to LA or London, I will be so mad!!!!

Go Jaguars! Go Hokies!
;

;
Infamous Out..