Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Rookie Jersey Numbers

Considering only Bortles will prob get a 3X jersey it'll be his i end up with....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Storm was 8 in college right?

We should have given him 28. 
What is your johnson for wanting to haphazardly give away the numbers of team greats? You really want to cough up the number of the greatest running back in Jaguars history, one of only a couple former Jaguars that a Hall of Fame case could be made for, and give it to a seventh-round pick?

I swear you say things like that just to further emphasize how little respect you have for this team or its history.  The Eagles signed an undrafted rookie named Wade Keliikipi who wore #92 in college. By your logic, the Eagles should just give him that number, right?

Quote:I thought we retired #11.

Signed,

THE PLANET REGGIE FAN CLUB !!!
&
BLAINE'S BUNCH !!!

I've decided that only applies to first round picks. Lee will be fine.

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2014, 04:58 PM by Voltage-.)

yeah, let's give him the # of the best player in franchise history. 

28 is retired, correct?

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:28 is retired, correct?

no, just an unformal don't use this number.  like 71.

Quote:no, just an unformal don't use this number.  like 71.

Both of the numbers should be out of circulation in my opinion.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2014, 05:36 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:What is your johnson for wanting to haphazardly give away the numbers of team greats? You really want to cough up the number of the greatest running back in Jaguars history, one of only a couple former Jaguars that a Hall of Fame case could be made for, and give it to a seventh-round pick?

I swear you say things like that just to further emphasize how little respect you have for this team or its history.  The Eagles signed an undrafted rookie named Wade Keliikipi who wore #92 in college. By your logic, the Eagles should just give him that number, right?

The Eagles are [BLEEP]. They have like half of 1 to 99 retired. 

I don't like ANY numbers retired. (or informally taken out of service)

There are a few teams that actually do it like that, too. Michael Irvin wore #88 & won 3 SB and is a NFL HOF'er for the Cowboys.... yet Dez Bryant wears #88 right now....and when re retires or moves on someone else will wear it for them..

THATS how we need to do it.

I want to see players wear the 28, 8, 71 and 82 again. 

The Jags Pride/ Ring of Honor is enough of an honor to the history of the players. 

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2014, 05:41 PM by Cleatwood.)

Quote:The Eagles are [BLEEP]. They have like half of 1 to 99 retired.

I don't like ANY numbers retired. (or informally taken out of service)

There are a few teams that actually do it like that, too. Michael Irvin wore #88 & won 3 SB and is a NFL HOF'er for the Cowboys.... yet Dez Bryant wears #88 right now....and when re retires or moves on someone else will wear it for them..

The Jags Pride/ Ring of Honor is enough of an honor to the history of the players.
For Brazils national soccer team, the best player routinely wears #10 (Pele, Kaka, Neymar). They feel it's a real honor to wear that number since so many greats have worn it. I think it would be a really cool idea if we did something like this with our QBs.

Each starting QB wears the number 8 or something.

(This post was last modified: 05-13-2014, 05:47 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:For Brazils national soccer team, the best player routinely wears #10 (Pele, Kaka, Neymar). They feel it's a real honor to wear that number since so many greats have worn it. I think it would be a really cool idea if we did something like this with our QBs.

Each starting QB wears the number 8 or something.

Thats the thing, I think along similar lines, there would be a tradition built & passed down to more players that wear the 71, 82, 28, etc etc. 

I think a guy like Lee would rock the #82 proudly and wear it well. 

I like the low receiver numbers. Blackmon's 14 is an awesome jersey imo.

Quote:The Eagles are [BLEEP]. They have like half of 1 to 99 retired. 

I don't like ANY numbers retired. (or informally taken out of service)

Dez Bryant is a first round pick and was chosen to be the NEXT Michael Irvin. Storm Johnson is a 7th round pick. 

Huge difference. 

Quote:Dez Bryant is a first round pick and was chosen to be the NEXT Michael Irvin. Storm Johnson is a 7th round pick. 

Huge difference. 

Well, not really since the Cowboys would have used it anyway. Even if it wasn't for Bryant. Thats my point. 

The last player to wear #28 is probably going to be Fred Taylor for a very long time whether anyone likes it or not.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:Well, not really since the Cowboys would have used it anyway. Even if it wasn't for Bryant. Thats my point. 
I'm not going to be biased or anything but..

Taylor>Irvin

The numbers are Deactivated. I still wonder if at some point they will be used again when we get a generation more removed from when those players were on the field. In some ways I wouldn't be opposed to but I do like the fact it shows a respect to the great players we've had. Makes you wonder if MJD's Meester and possibly Mercedes will be Deactivated also or just kept out of rotation for a few years.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's a good long time before we see 63 on a Jaguars jersey again. I don't anticipate 32 being out of service for long given the epilogue MJD provided for his Jaguars career, and barring some kind of monstrous late-career revival, I'd be genuinely stunned if 89 was taken out of service for any length of time upon Lewis' departure. I think there's a Rashean Mathis line in play. Mathis is a local guy, grew up in Jacksonville, played college ball just down the road, and spent ten years with the Jags as the best corner in team history (yeah, better than Beasley). He and the team handled his departure with class, and his number was "out of service" for about a month until Gratz was added. In my mind, that creates what I'd lovingly refer to as the "Mathis Line". Meester's longevity and the fact that, in his prime and a little past it, he was a really good center, might push him over my arbitrary, completely made-up Mathis Line. MJD had a shorter career with Jacksonville, and it was often full of dramatic fireworks between player and team. If MJD's number is shut down for several years while 27 is running around out there...that'd just be weird.

Quote:Don't think I am ready to wear a number 11 jersey yet.

Why not? The last #11 we had was a quarterback, so it is not like we are passing down a curse to one of our rookies. And the last WR who wore #11 led the team in catches and yards one season. He was cut more because of injuries than performance IIRC.

Quote:The numbers are Deactivated. I still wonder if at some point they will be used again when we get a generation more removed from when those players were on the field. In some ways I wouldn't be opposed to but I do like the fact it shows a respect to the great players we've had. Makes you wonder if MJD's Meester and possibly Mercedes will be Deactivated also or just kept out of rotation for a few years.
Marcedes?...really? seriously? 

60% of the Time...It works everytime...