Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Comparisons for Lee and Robinson

Quote:I'd cool my jets on that comparison. Part of the reason Marshall is so good on YAC yards is because he breaks tackles due to his size/ strength. Isn't Marshall like 6 2" or 6' 3" and upwards of 215-220? 

Yeah, I know. I wasn't expecting him to be as good as Marshall at anything. Wink

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Lee - Desean Jackson

Robinson - Keenan Allen

Nice to see another vote for Keenan Allen. Personally I think that is very close to what I see Robinson as. 

The DeSean/ Lee comparison is interesting, but Lee doesn't have the sub 4.4. long speed that Jackson does. 

Quote:Yeah, I know. I wasn't expecting him to be as good as Marshall at anything. Wink

I know,,,Its just hard for me - when comparing players, not to take into consideration their body types, even if they do certain aspects of each's game similar. 

Anyways, for my comparisons I'll go with

Robinson: Jordy Nelson (has the speed to get over the top, but mainly works the sticks and scores inside the redzone)

Lee: Kind of a mix of a few people, but I'll go with Torrey Smith. Fast, mainly stays on the outside in terms of routes, and his main jobs are to take the top off of defenses and YAC.

Quote:Anyways, for my comparisons I'll go with

Robinson: Jordy Nelson (has the speed to get over the top, but mainly works the sticks and scores inside the redzone)

Now thats a fresh one... 

Lee - Santonio Holmes (young Santonio that is) 

Robinson - Jordy Nelson 

I believe Robinson is a bit faster than Nelson though, but I feel those are fair comparisons for each until they get on the field and prove otherwise. 

Ahh beat me to it. 

Quote:Lee - Santonio Holmes (young Santonio that is) 

Yeah, see....this is closer to what I see Lee as. (rather than the comparisons to the Cruz', Wayne's, etc etc)

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2014, 10:26 PM by Cubel91.)

Quote:Yeah, see....this is closer to what I see Lee as. (rather than the comparisons to the Cruz', Wayne's, etc etc)

I agree, I see a 6'0 slimmer built WR with ability after the catch with his type of short burst speed and acceleration. Santonio now a days has lost a couple steps though. 

I think Rueben Randall is a good comparison for Robinson. Lee is interesting to me....I see a bit of Greg Jennings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdX_bMu6B38

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if Lee turns out to be the best receiver in the draft.....if he stays healthy. And I don't see why he can't. He was injury free in 2011 & 2012. If you google "top college football players 2013", click on the links dated before the 2013 season. You'll see him consistently ranked top ten and, often, 3rd-5th. He got hurt returning a punt late in September against Arizona St. He had to be helped off the field. No ACL though....just sprained. He re-injured it a few weeks later against Notre Dame in the first half. He wanted to go back in but Coach Orgeron wouldn't let him. The doctor said that he just needed time. Unfortunately, in the middle of the season, time he didn't have. He struggled the rest of the year. He still remained relevant though. He made a drive-saving 4th down catch against 4th ranked Stanford on a 13 yd. slant. The play enabled the Trojans to get within field goal range and Heidari nailed the kick to seal the upset. Lee left on a cart. Before the Las Vegas Bowl, Lee was able to rest his knee during the month and looked more like his old self. He had 7 receptions for 118yds and 2 TDs. He will be 100% by training camp. Picking him at #39 was an absolute steal and some are rating that pick as the top rated pick of Day 2.

Quote:Lee - Santonio Holmes (young Santonio that is) 

Robinson - Jordy Nelson 

I believe Robinson is a bit faster than Nelson though, but I feel those are fair comparisons for each until they get on the field and prove otherwise. 

A young Holmes is perfect. I completely forgot about him due to the last few years of him being irrelevant. 

Quote:I'd cool my jets on that comparison. Part of the reason Marshall is so good on YAC yards is because he breaks tackles due to his size/ strength. Isn't Marshall like 6 2" or 6' 3" and upwards of 215-220? 
Robinson is 6'2'' 220lbs

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:Robinson is 6'2'' 220lbs

I thought he was speaking of Lee, not Robinson with that comparison. 

I have all these fuzzy feelings about the players we got in our draft. I look at each pick and think he is going to be a good player for us. I literally want every jersey.

No pain, no gain.