Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jag vets likely to be cut before the 2014 season

If we draft a de than alualu is gone.  Rackley will be camp fodder.  If he is still on this line we are in big trouble.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I would not be shocked if Rackley/Brewster/Prosinski/ get cut.

Depending on who we draft, I can see situations where Alualu/Todman/Babin get cut.

I'd be very surprised if Lewis is cut.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:I would not be shocked if Rackley/Brewster/Prosinski/ get cut.

Depending on who we draft, I can see situations where Alualu/Todman/Babin get cut.

You should look for Brewster at Center on opening day and Rackley might be the right Guard. Thats how fluid this offseason could be. Starter or gone, could be ANYTHING!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:If we draft a de than alualu is gone.  Rackley will be camp fodder.  If he is still on this line we are in big trouble.

I would think Babin is 1st DE cut....

Quote:You should look for Brewster at Center on opening day and Rackley might be the right Guard. Thats how fluid this offseason could be. Starter or gone, could be ANYTHING!

Agreed 100%.

I wouldn't be surprised if any of the current OL on the roster start at C and G on day 1. I also wouldn't be shocked if we get 2 new starters between now and then.

Quote:I would think Babin is 1st DE cut....
Alualu has been flat out awful. 

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-27-2014, 01:46 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

Quote:Chad Henne if we draft 2 QBs and both out play him in the preseason?
Nah, he is a competent backup veteran QB, he is here for his contract (which isn't even the highest backup QB deal).

Edit: added in backup in between competent and veteran so people wouldn't flip out.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Alualu has been flat out awful. 

lol

Babin and Alualu don't even play the same position

Quote:I would not be shocked if Rackley/Brewster/Prosinski/ get cut.

I honestly don't know how Prosinski makes the team unless someone gets injured.

No chance Lewis gets cut. None.

If the Jaguars were even considering cutting Lewis, I doubt they would make him a focal point of their marketing efforts.

[Image: e45f4afaaed3650316b2cab94293ec30.jpg]

Hopefully Henne

Quote:If the Jaguars were even considering cutting Lewis, I doubt they would make him a focal point of their marketing efforts.

[Image: e45f4afaaed3650316b2cab94293ec30.jpg]

If the worst Lewis we have seen in Jacksonville turns up and someone else plays lights out, I could see it. Very very unlikely though.

Branch maybe cut If does not step up. I think Ryan Davis make it difficult for him to get on the field this year. I do think Prosinski is gone for sure especially with

Joe Legefield-Young & Sherrod Martin on the roster. Martin is a hidden gem that played for Carolina and has starting experience. Young also did the same for Indi. Caldwell did his homework on them both. Either one has the chance to start at FS. That would leave Prosinski fighting for a roster spot and I don't think he will make the cut. Rackley might not want to answer his door at training camp either. But to be honest the Draft will paint a perfect picture on the positions to watch for cuts.

Branch and Prosinski. Hate to say.

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2014, 08:20 AM by Raven09s.)

Lewis won't be cut.  I would actually be surprised to see him not resigned when his contract comes up.  We aren't up against the wall cap-wise, we don't have any major contract extensions coming up any time soon, nobody on the roster is going to command top money, and he's one of the best blocking TE's in the game who can make a few plays catching the ball.  He's basically another Offensive Lineman when we need him to be, which seems to be quite a lot.  

Those wanting him cut are just upset that he didn't turn into Tony Gonzalez.

Agreed.  I don't see Lewis getting cut.

I think two of the more vulnerable veterans right now are Branch and Babin.  It depends on the direction we go in the draft, but if Clowney or Mack are on the card the Jaguars submit for the 3rd pick, one of those guys will be gone.  Branch will need to really show improvement to save his spot.  He SHOULD have the advantage over Babin because of his age and price tag.  But, he has to win it on the field to be in the rotation.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 04-28-2014, 08:58 AM by JagsFanClubOfMD.)

Quote:Branch and Prosinski. Hate to say.

I would really hate it if we cut Branch. If we unload him, we should be able to find a trade partner.

This is kinda hard to predict. I'm not so sure Lewis is cut unless they draft someone better than him within the first four rounds. He may be overpaid, but he was also a pretty good redzone threat last year. The team doesn't have anyone else big like him who can out-jump a defender.

Alualu... another guy who I think stays. He's on the last year of his deal and he's good depth. Same with Rackley. He's cheap depth.

Quote:Branch and Prosinski. Hate to say.

There is no way they're cutting Andre Branch, he's a 24 year old second round pick that came on strong towards the end of the season. You can never have enough quality pass rushers.

Quote:There is no way they're cutting Andre Branch, he's a 24 year old second round pick that came on strong towards the end of the season. You can never have enough quality pass rushers.

That really depends on who they land in the draft, and what kind of progress he makes this off season.  Nothing is definite. 

I'd like to see him make this roster and contribute when he's on the field.  Hopefully the progress he's made makes him a vital part of the rotation.  If it does, then more than likely you see Babin released.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]