Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***OFFICIAL 2014 Jacksonville Jaguars Regular Season Schedule Discussion Thread!***

4 out of the first 6 weeks on the road. At least we finally get the colts at home in September.

Another 4 straight weeks without a home game around the bye and London trip.

Meh.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Until the Jags become decent enough that people want to see them play, the networks want to make sure our games are buried...  Once again a late season Thursday game that no one will want to watch..  NFL also made sure it was a Thursday game that was not going to be on CBS...

I'm going!! Can't wait!
Shock the world

Look on the bright side...most of these games are primetime in the UK.

Quote:Very possible.. Eagles are no joke but the Redskins are. Not scared of RG3 and 13

I wouldn't take the Skins lightly. RG III will be a full season removed from his knee injury and will have a full off season. Jackson and Garcon are dangerous outside. Alfred Morris is still a threat at RB. Defensively, they have Orakpo and Kerrigan who can get after QBs.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Until the Jags become decent enough that people want to see them play, the networks want to make sure our games are buried...  Once again a late season Thursday game that no one will want to watch..  NFL also made sure it was a Thursday game that was not going to be on CBS...

And the Thursday before Christmas when a lot of people are traveling for the holidays.
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

I got a good feeling about this year!

Quote:And the Thursday before Christmas when a lot of people are traveling for the holidays.

Yeah, that's a setup. It's a great opportunity to show empty seats on our only national broadcast.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

It's interesting, we have the first and fourth preseason games and the first two regular season games are on the road.   Since almost none of the starters ever play in the fourth preseason game, that means that between August 7 and September 21, almost nothing of any meaning will take place at the stadium.  

At least this will give them plenty of time to take care of any remaining issues with the stadium renovation.. 

Schedule looks a bit tougher on paper than what I thought it would be. Anywhoo, go Jags and all that.

I think we were screwed with this schedule. With 3 of the first 4 on the road, with the home game vs. Indy, it is set up for us to start slowly. The bye week is week 11...and the home games mid season are sporadic, too. We will need a strong draft with lots of immediate impact to get off to a respectable start.

We can either groan and moan about it or root for the Jags to take care of business. 

Quote:I think we were screwed with this schedule. With 3 of the first 4 on the road, with the home game vs. Indy, it is set up for us to start slowly. The bye week is week 11...and the home games mid season are sporadic, too. We will need a strong draft with lots of immediate impact to get off to a respectable start.
I agree

Quote:We can either groan and moan about it or root for the Jags to take care of business.

Or both.

Quote:We can either groan and moan about it or root for the Jags to take care of business.
I'm gonna do both lol. Let's Go Jags!!

Y'all see the sportsnation tweet about us? Now that ticks me off.

Quote:I think we were screwed with this schedule. With 3 of the first 4 on the road, with the home game vs. Indy, it is set up for us to start slowly. The bye week is week 11...and the home games mid season are sporadic, too. We will need a strong draft with lots of immediate impact to get off to a respectable start.

Definitely screwed. But there's still a lot to look forward to. The best thing the team can do here is hit the ground running and make the best of a lousy schedule.

I actually like this schedule.. I think this is a "Gus" type of schedule. Fits his personality and agenda.. Just get better and show no fear..

Can't wait for this team to start punching some of these other teams right in the mouth.. This team is on the rise and its a great feeling.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Y'all see the sportsnation tweet about us? Now that ticks me off.

Should we care?

Quote:Should we care?
Lol! I see what you did there. Good one.