Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Eagles cut Desean Jackson

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2014, 04:53 PM by Jags2DaDeath.)

Quote:Well, he's suspended and therefore not even a league participant right now.

So, I'd be more inclined to consider him not a part of the team until he's first reinstated, and second actually allowed back on the team.

He's on indefinite suspension.

Planning for his return would not be a smart idea.

Fool me once...

Fool me twice...

Fool me thrice...?
;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It's unanimous that all signs points to future trouble when it comes to Jackson. Once your in a gang it's extremely hard to detach yourself and you Must represent the gang when possible through the media...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Last week it was he did not want to take a pay cut and now this week it is he has gang affiiliations.

If you cannot see the narrative then I dont know what to tell you.

Type in Desean Jackson arrest record in Google and what comes up? 

No DUI, No drug charges, No arrest record of any kind, no off the field issues. But because he may know some gang members he is now a cancer and a diva apparently.

Aaron Hernandez had multiple run ins with the law since college and a questionable character but nothing happened until he got arrested, before that the Patriots simply ignored it. New Orleans Saints ran a bounty program and everything was fine and dandy until they were caught, only then were players released and people fired. Ray Lewis murdered someone and NFL pushed this redemption angle and now he is commentating on ESPN.

I guarantee multiple players throughout the league may know some gang members, the media trying to push this angle on Desean Jackson being some type of felon is absolutely embarrassing. 

Chip Kelly was a college coach at Oregon where he recruited kids from the same area where Desean Jackson was from, I guess gang affiliations didnt matter back then. 

Eagles knew this was coming, they resigned Jeremy Maclin and Riley Cooper a few weeks before and also traded for Darren Sproles. 

Eagles are releasing him strictly based on his relationship with Chip Kelly, the smear campaign is just them trying to justify to their fans why they released him.

You were doing good until the Ray Lewis Murder as you put it...

As the facts are, Lewis had nothing to do w/that murder. He was affiliated w/someone (hanging out) that committed that murder and because Ray was an prominent NFL name/player people and authorities alike projected that Lewis was envolved when in fact he wasn't...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Still remember when he was drafted. They showed him on ESPN, and he looked just like Argyle from the movie Die hard. I laughed when I saw that.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Not surprisingly,  there's speculation that DeSean Jackson will end up signing with the Jets.  From a pure football standpoint,  with character concerns being taken out of the equation,  Jackson would be a great fit for the Jets.  It would enable them to use Eric Decker as a complimentary WR,  a role he seems better suited for.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...n-jackson/

I could really see him signing with the Chargers.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:I could really see him signing with the Chargers.

It would give Philip Rivers a dimension I can't recall him having as the Chargers starting QB:  A starting WR with game breaking vertical speed.   If Jackson signed with San Diego and stayed focused on football,  Keenan Allen,  who had a very impressive rookie season,  would benefit greatly.    Considering the spending spree the Broncos went on,  a player like DeSean Jackson,  if focused,  would be a significant step in narrowing the gap in the AFC West.

I don't care if Desean Jackson was the biggest gang member in the country as long as he's not doing anything that'll get himself in trouble.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

I watched Jackson since college.  He is not a head case nor a criminal.  He does get emotional during games but that's part of caring.  Would love him in Jax.  

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

But he wont come here.  Henne is qb.

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 03-28-2014, 10:35 PM by knarnn.)

Seems to be more to the story. Remember the DJax home burglary a few months ago?

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2014/3/25/5545096/desean-jackson-eagles-rumors-home-robbery'>http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2014/3/25/5545096/desean-jackson-eagles-rumors-home-robbery</a>

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.crossingbroad.com/2014/03/source-the-eagles-were-poking-around-quite-a-bit-about-the-burglary-at-desean-jacksons-house.html'>http://www.crossingbroad.com/2014/03/source-the-eagles-were-poking-around-quite-a-bit-about-the-burglary-at-desean-jacksons-house.html</a>

@howardeskin On alledged "robbery" police questions. Why were car keys and less than $100 left behind. Police believe No cash stolen, only gun

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/howardeskin/status/449594232534093825'>https://twitter.com/howardeskin/status/449594232534093825</a>
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

He's a bigger diva than RuPaul. Threatened to hold out for a bigger contract after he signed for over $10M a year. The fact Philly straight cut him says they didn't want to saddle another team with something they found out about and hasn't fully reached the surface yet. I would rather save about $8M per and get former Eagles WR Avant.
Only a chump boos the home team!

He was playing under a 5 year $51m deal....I doubt he sees $10m per again with a new team.  However, some team will overlook the affiliation and possible character issues and give him a sizeable deal (with signing bonus).  I don't see the Jags being that team. 

On some Blackmon comments earlier in the thread, I would imagine his suspension is at least for 1 year, which would put him back on the roster at mid-season at the earliest....just my 2 cents. 

His statement: "I am not in a gang"

Well I am not in the Jaguars but I sure love'm.

He's a thug, he loves the thug culture with everything that comes with it, he is flat out BROKE and the single fact no one wanted him and he was flat out CUT tells you everything you need to know.

Anyone considering signing this cancer of a loser should go follow the raiders.

The amount of people begging for their teams to sign him is making me want to vomit. Sick, but true.

Quote:Never said I wanted him "outta here". Just would not bank on him being back.

Posters like TMD have a hard time understanding this.  He has shown over and over again he can't be counted on to play.  If he does and stays clean than great!  That would be awesome, but why anyone would count on that is beyond me.  

Quote: 

On some Blackmon comments earlier in the thread, I would imagine his suspension is at least for 1 year, which would put him back on the roster at mid-season at the earliest....just my 2 cents. 

Blackmon is eligible to be reinstated before week 1 of the regular season. 

Quote:You were doing good until the Ray Lewis Murder as you put it...

As the facts are, Lewis had nothing to do w/that murder. He was affiliated w/someone (hanging out) that committed that murder and because Ray was an prominent NFL name/player people and authorities alike projected that Lewis was envolved when in fact he wasn't...

NH3...

You sure about that...  http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl...0/1566198/.  I don't think you really read much into that case.  Lewis definitely had something to do with it.  What?  I don't know.  Did he murder them or cover for his friends?  I don't know, but he was involved.

Quote:Blackmon is eligible to be reinstated before week 1 of the regular season.

Won't he face punishment upon being reinstated though?
Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:Won't he face punishment upon being reinstated though?

Its very possible. Its also noteworthy that Blackmon hasn't been reinstated yet but Browner has. And Browner was suspended AFTER Blackmon.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."