Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tandon Doss

Wasn't Trindon Holiday a FA? If they wanted to get the best for that role...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Its more like a "nothing" signing than a bad one.

He improves the PR position. Special teams rule changes have not affected punt returning.

Also is a decently sized WR, something our current group is lacking in.

Quote:Wasn't Trindon Holiday a FA? If they wanted to get the best for that role...

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:Wasn't Trindon Holiday a FA? If they wanted to get the best for that role...

Doesn't Holiday fumble a lot?  I think he had one in the SB.

On the negative side, he could cost Denver a ton by fumbling the ball, something he has been known to do at times. In 2013, he fumbled five times.

Huh

Quote:Doesn't Holiday fumble a lot?  I think he had one in the SB.

On the negative side, he could cost Denver a ton by fumbling the ball, something he has been known to do at times. In 2013, he fumbled five times.

Trindon Holliday would scare the bejeezus out of me if he were on the roster. He's got talent for days, but he matches that with the ability to make some truly boneheaded plays.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Just adding some more speed. Hope he surprises
Shock the world

all you need to know on Doss....

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?t...onType=REG

As long as he's cheap, we can't really lose.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

I really liked Ace as our returner... I'd assume we're preparing to not have Blackmon and/or Shorts this year?

No pain, no gain.

Camp body.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Camp body.

^^That^^

I see nothing wrong with adding depth, especially if the contract is affordable.  Who knows?  Maybe he comes in, gets a good dose of Jerry Sullivan, and suddenly he's out there making plays. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

This guy is just an upgrade at WR #4. Nothing more. I dont even think he will take Ace's spot as a PR. 

Don't think he will take Ace's spot? Really.

Might want to check, Doss lead the league last year in avg yards per Punt returns with returners having 20 or more returns.

Quote:<span><span>He has cinder blocks for hands. I saw plenty of him as a Ravens fan. - Bryan

<span><span><span>Ummmm doss can't catch a cold. The only upside he has is still having a job.

From Ravens fans....  But I agree with FBT maybe Jerry can get something out of him. And save the wear and tear on Ace by returning kicks/punts.</span></span></span></span></span>

Quote:Because if you don't, then you're stuck with crap. Not a bad #5, and a special teams contributor. If you take a better WR in the draft and Doss gets beat out for the last WR spot, what's the harm?
Just because you throw money at a guy like James Jones doesn't make him a stud receiver.  There are going to be really good WRs that we can draft in the first three rounds that are way better than anything out in the FA pool.  I'm confused why some people aren't seeing that.

Quote: There are going to be really good WRs that we can draft in the first three rounds that are way better than anything out in the FA pool.  I'm confused why some people aren't seeing that.

This. ^

The "Justin Blackmon insurance signing"  isn't going to be an overpriced FA.  It'll be a rookie.  There are a half dozen that fit the bill - and a few of them will be there in the 3rd or 4th. 

Quote:I liked Tandon Doss coming out of college, but he disappeared. I am guessing a minimal depth WR signing to compete for a spot, and possibly contribute on special teams. Nothing special.

Same here.

Weren't you talking about how we have too many short WRs and needed a 6'2" plus guy like last week. Now we should have signed 5'5" 170lb Trindon Holiday rather than 6'2" 220lb Tandon Doss?

Quote:Weren't you talking about how we have too many short WRs and needed a 6'2" plus guy like last week. Now we should have signed 5'5" 170lb Trindon Holiday rather than 6'2" 220lb Tandon Doss?

Remind him what day it is so he can adjust his argument accordingly.