Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We will go to the playoffs this year..

Quote:Shouldn't you be on the 49ers message board praising Gabbert right now?

You'd think.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Let's hold up a little. Nothing wrong with being excited with our future (which I am really excited!). However, don't put too much on it to where if we don't, your disappointed. I think we have a good chance of winning 6-7 games. Depending how we hit with the draft, it could be a few games more (which could mean playoffs). But let's not jump the gun just yet. Love the direction and how we are using FA.  But let's be realistic. It's possible, but not likely this year. Next year, if we continue like this, I think we'll be playoff bound Smile.

GO JAGS!

Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

If it happens I'm happy for sure, I just want us to show improvments and not have such a crazy long loosing streak.

There's certainly excitement with the aggressiveness shown in free agency.

Look out, draft!

With the absolute weakness of this division (probably the weakest,) anything can truly happen.  Even if it's not necessarily probable.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:There's certainly excitement with the aggressiveness shown in free agency.

Look out, draft!

With the absolute weakness of this division (probably the weakest,) anything can truly happen.  Even if it's not necessarily probable.
Oh how the mighty have fallen so quick... I could see this being a three team playoff division sooner than later.. Colts are the Colts and I don't suspect the Texans will be down for too long. They have way to much talent. I will be able to better formulate an opinion after the draft.

Outlook seems doubtful
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Gotta love this time of year. Everybody's undefeated and the possibilities are endless. I'm expecting improvement and trying not to forget that we only won 4 games last year. Apparently, I'm one of the few who feel like it's not gonna be the QB that limits us, it's gonna be the OL which is gonna have a ton of questions cone training camp and our pass rush (until it's proven). Things are looking up thoufh!
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

I've had the same feeling before. Then reality boldly slapped me in the face. Hard. The regular season had begun.

But what have we, if we have no optimism, no dreams, no hope?

But, this I will say....no longer will this team be the brunt of jokes.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:But what have we, if we have no optimism, no dreams, no hope?

45,000+ posts on the Jaguars message board?  :teehee:

Ill be happy with competitive for 16 games
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

I see us with no more than 3 - 5 wins...with 8 wins we are out of contention for the Franchise QBs that everyone thinks will come out next year unless we "sell out" to trade up...

Anything is possible. But, with that said, we still need to find an answer at QB, how consistent will the running game be?, will the pass rush actually show up on the field instead of just looking good and promising on paper? Who else outside of Shorts III and Blackmon (When/If he even returns) is going to step it up a bit further in the receiving game? We still have loads of work to do. And really, in the AFC South, the clots seem like the obvious divisional champion right now. The tacks are just like us as well, just a year behind with the coaching changes, and then you've also got the tinhorns that have a defense and running game that could pretty much carry a rookie QB into a decent record and play-off spot if they manage to select the right guy.

I'll go out on a limb here, and this is a prediction without the draft class even being brought into the equation yet. Based on our schedule this year, I'd say we might be a 6 - 10 / 7 - 9 football team. We play the NFC East this year, which is notorious for inconsistent football teams that have a history of divisional winners that average out with 9 - 7 / 10 - 6 records. And then we play the AFC North which is not very easy. But, with so much change occuring within that division, I think they'll have a divisional winner that'll barely get in as the 4th seed this year with a 9 - 7 / 10 -6 record. Then we play the Dolphins and Chargers as the wildcard opponents on the schedule. Really, most of our opponents, based on history, have been pretty inconsistent and up/down football teams over the last few years (with the exception of Baltimore's Superbowl Run two years ago). I think 6 - 10 / 7 - 9 is realistic. After the draft, maybe 8 - 8, with a chance to be in the hunt. I think that's fair to say. I know we won't finish 3 - 13 this year. That's for sure.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:45,000+ posts on the Jaguars message board?  :teehee:
Hahaha! That's pretty good. 

While I think our defense will be much improved over last year, our offense doesn't look like it will be any better.  Sure sending Gabbert packing was a good move, but Henne is not a playoff QB unless the rest of the team around him is built.  Which it is not.

Depending on the draft and who we can scoop up I do see us being competitive at the least.  Maybe 2nd in our division and being in the wild card hunt until the last few weeks.  Again that all depends on the draft.

Side note, while the Colts will most likely win the division by default I do not think that they are going to run the AFCS for years to come.  Luck is no Manning and the rest of the team is pretty meh.  Except for TY, he good.

Get us a new QB, JB cleans up his act, and Dave keeps improving the roster in the manner he has and I think next season we begin our run.

Don't sell the offense short so soon. Last year with both Blackmon and Shorts healthy, Henne was productive. If we can get some decent protection and Blackmon can come back and stay clean, we'll be able to move the ball. I know that's a lot of ifs but that's what we got.

Hey, i'm somewhat intrigued by what seems to be a decent Fa session thus far, but let's not forget the roster this team fielded last season.

[img]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/1a8a2498-9833-4b7d-8cc7-5e45aa36d9f6[/img][img=648x560]blob:https://www.duvalpride.com/cfd7a344-8206-4fed-a4c4-6536e150b1a7[/img]

It's too many "ifs" though. History always tells us though with this team that, if the defense is good one year, the offense is really subpar, and visce versa. We'll see. I don't care if Henne only throws for 3,000 yards this season, if we can get back to running the football for about 4.0 - 4.5 a clip, and this defense can keep the opponents in check, this team can win some football games. I don't mind if Caldwell and Bradley are trying to model this team after what SEA has pulled off. It seems to have worked. Play ball control offense with a smart QB that can make the big throws in the clutch, and let your defense do the dirty work for you. That's fine by me as a fan. We used to be called the Steelers of the South, now we're going to be tagged as the Seahawks of the South. Pretty funny actually. Someday maybe a team will be called the Big Bad Cat of the West once we start making a name for ourselves.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

You realize that Henne threw for more than that in 13 games started last year?

Quote:Hey, i'm somewhat intrigued by what seems to be a decent Fa session thus far, but let's not forget the roster this team fielded last season.
Our main issues were:

Pass rush

OL

QB play

I think our Pass Rush was significantly improved with the addition of Clemons, the OL will definitely benefit from having a solid guard in Beadles and I fully expect that our starting QB day 1 is going to be selected #3 overall.

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2014, 08:09 PM by Fred Jones-Brunell.)

Our d line will be pretty good this season. Bryant won't fill up the stat sheet but he will be a force and do the job he was brought here to do. I think between Clemons, Babin, and Branch rotating each will get around 6-8 sacks. I have a great feeling about Dekoda. Look for us to target interior linemen, another linebacker, wr and qb with our many picks. This is the perfect draft to have all these picks
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."