Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cap left?

(This post was last modified: 03-16-2014, 07:54 AM by Mr Sensible.)

Quote:Austin Pasztor did just fine at RG.

Then we need a new RT.

Either way you put it, 2/5 of our OL has major question marks right now.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Then we need a new RT.

Either way you put it, 2/5 of our OL has major question marks right now.

Oh yeah...lol. I totally forgot he's our new RT. It threw me off because the Jaguars roster has him listed at G.

'02

Hopefully they do sign a C and another G, although they do have some interesting young guys ready to compete. For starters, I wonder how well Drew Nowak has progressed. The coaches loved his game since moving him from DT to OG in 2012, but then he missed all of last year on IR. I'm sure he's still a bit raw, but he was catching on incredibly fast. There's also Jacques McClendon who saw some action last year as the Jaguars primary backup G while managing to start 2 games. Stephane Milhelm, meanwhile, beat out a bunch of others as an undrafted rookie last year in order to stick to the roster, and he's 6-5, 315 lbs.

The situation at C is more concerning, although I really do think Mike Brewster might be able to take over at his natural position without a hitch just like Meester did after struggling bigtime as a starting LG. Rackley, meanwhile, is also listed as a G/C. The team also lists two rookie Centers on their roster in Patrick Lewis and Matt Stankiewitch, although I don't recall how either player was acquired. I keep hoping the Jaguars give Alex Mack a contract the Browns won't be able to match.

If they were to move Paztor back inside, the situation at RT gets scary. Cameron Bradfield is agile enough that he's not so bad at LT, but he tends to get exposed at RT especially in the run game. Sam Young is simply massive at 6-8 and has been around a while, although he's only inked 4 starts since joining the league in 2010. The only other player listed at OT is DeMarcus Young who has been in the league since 2011 but has yet to see the field in a game. The lack of depth at OT is almost as scary as the lack of talent inside.

I still don't get why they let Uche go. He wasn't the most dominant run blocker, but he was stellar in pass protection at RG. Maybe they have a secret plan to move Paztor back inside while going after Joeckel's former teammate at #3 in the draft to play RT. Of course they would still need a QB, but do that and get Mack, and suddenly this is the starting OL...

LT Luke Joeckel

LG Zane Beadles

C Alex Mack

RG Austin Pasztor

RT Jake Matthews

This OL would simply dominate.

'02

Quote:Hopefully they do sign a C and another G, although they do have some interesting young guys ready to compete. For starters, I wonder how well Drew Nowak has progressed. The coaches loved his game since moving him from DT to OG in 2012, but then he missed all of last year on IR. I'm sure he's still a bit raw, but he was catching on incredibly fast. There's also Jacques McClendon who saw some action last year as the Jaguars primary backup G while managing to start 2 games. Stephane Milhelm, meanwhile, beat out a bunch of others as an undrafted rookie last year in order to stick to the roster, and he's 6-5, 315 lbs.

The situation at C is more concerning, although I really do think Mike Brewster might be able to take over at his natural position without a hitch just like Meester did after struggling bigtime as a starting LG. Rackley, meanwhile, is also listed as a G/C. The team also lists two rookie Centers on their roster in Patrick Lewis and Matt Stankiewitch, although I don't recall how either player was acquired. I keep hoping the Jaguars give Alex Mack a contract the Browns won't be able to match.

If they were to move Paztor back inside, the situation at RT gets scary. Cameron Bradfield is agile enough that he's not so bad at LT, but he tends to get exposed at RT especially in the run game. Sam Young is simply massive at 6-8 and has been around a while, although he's only inked 4 starts since joining the league in 2010. The only other player listed at OT is DeMarcus Young who has been in the league since 2011 but has yet to see the field in a game. The lack of depth at OT is almost as scary as the lack of talent inside.

I still don't get why they let Uche go. He wasn't the most dominant run blocker, but he was stellar in pass protection at RG. Maybe they have a secret plan to move Paztor back inside while going after Joeckel's former teammate at #3 in the draft to play RT. Of course they would still need a QB, but do that and get Mack, and suddenly this is the starting OL...

LT Luke Joeckel

LG Zane Beadles

C Alex Mack

RG Austin Pasztor

RT Jake Matthews

This OL would simply dominate.

If they draft Matthews after trading Monroe, I will become the Jungle's new TMD and Caldwell will be my Jack Del Rio.

It wouldn't shock me if our starting week 1 OL was all already on the team. I'm sure we will draft some O-Linemen, but whether any of them will be week 1 starters is another matter.

LT Joeckel

LG Rackley/McClendon/Nowack

C Brewster/Rackley

RG Beadles

RT Paztor

Its not a great group by any stretch. I just hope Dave can pick up some rookies to take over by mid-season at the latest.

Quote:If they draft Matthews after trading Monroe, I will become the Jungle's new TMD and Caldwell will be my Jack Del Rio.

It wouldn't shock me if our starting week 1 OL was all already on the team. I'm sure we will draft some O-Linemen, but whether any of them will be week 1 starters is another matter.

LT Joeckel

C Brewster/Rackley

RG Beadles

RT Paztor

Its not a great group by any stretch. I just hope Dave can pick up some rookies to take over by mid-season at the latest.

I'm willing to bet that either the starting RG or starting C will be a draft pick. Something like:

LT Joekel, LG Beadles, C McClendon, RG Gabe Jackson, RT Pazstor

Or

LT Joekel, LG Beadles, C Marcus Martin, RG McClendon, RT Pazstor

Quote:I'm willing to bet that either the starting RG or starting C will be a draft pick. Something like:

LT Joekel, LG Beadles, C McClendon, RG Gabe Jackson, RT Pazstor

Or

LT Joekel, LG Beadles, C Marcus Martin, RG McClendon, RT Pazstor

Wouldn't shock me either.

Main point to take away, the OL wont be great wk1 of next year, but it will be young. Hopefully by week 17 they will be coming together.

Quote:If they draft Matthews after trading Monroe, I will become the Jungle's new TMD and Caldwell will be my Jack Del Rio.

LT Joeckel

C Brewster/Rackley

RG Beadles

RT Paztor

Beadles is going to play LG. 

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...d0499b2b01

"Caldwell said there’s no question why Beadles was signed, and said there was just as little question where he’ll likely play.

“We’ll put him at left guard, right next to (second-year left tackle) Luke (Joeckel),” Caldwell said."

Quote:Beadles is going to play LG. 

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...d0499b2b01

"Caldwell said there’s no question why Beadles was signed, and said there was just as little question where he’ll likely play.

“We’ll put him at left guard, right next to (second-year left tackle) Luke (Joeckel),” Caldwell said."

i wonder if beadles is the highest paid LG in the game.  high expectations nonetheless.

edit - 9th highest paid guard in the league.

Logan Mankins, Ben Grubbs, Carl Nicks, John Sitton, Justin Blalock, and Andy Levitre all are paid more (LG),  I never realized that RG were not paid more towards the top, as only Jahri Evans and Michael Yanda are paid more and the top two paid RGs.

Quote:i wonder if beadles is the highest paid LG in the game.  high expectations nonetheless.

Beadles is getting a lot of money; upwards of 6.1 MIL per, IIRC....but then Uche prior to being released was due to make almost that much next year as well. (Over 5 MIL) 

The problem as of right now is we created a hole with getting rid of Uche, then filled it with Beadles. Are we better overall or still the same? I thought we were going to be a little more aggressive in FA in regards to improving the OL. Adding one inconsistent starter at LG isn't exactly "fixing" the OL's problems yet. 

Quote:Beadles is getting a lot of money; upwards of 6.1 MIL per, IIRC....but then Uche prior to being released was due to make almost that much next year as well. (Over 5 MIL) 

The problem as of right now is we created a hole with getting rid of Uche, then filled it with Beadles. Are we better overall or still the same? I thought we were going to be a little more aggressive in FA in regards to improving the OL. Adding one inconsistent starter at LG isn't exactly "fixing" the OL's problems yet. 

No one in the entire world has ever claimed that the FO has fixed the OLs problems yet.  For something to be fixed it requires the intermediate action of fixing to develop progress, like signing Beadles.  I do agree that it may be a coin toss to sign Beadles and cut Uche, but I think that it is a step in the right direction because that's how they want to build this team.  Uche is not their guy for ZBS and Beadles is. 

Considering Beadles is signed through 2019 his deal isn't immense and I think over the next couple years a lot more guards will be overrated and overpaid, making Beadles a piece to have in the long run.

Quote:No one in the entire world has ever claimed that the FO has fixed the OLs problems yet.  For something to be fixed it requires the intermediate action of fixing to develop progress, like signing Beadles.  I do agree that it may be a coin toss to sign Beadles and cut Uche, but I think that it is a step in the right direction because that's how they want to build this team.  Uche is not their guy for ZBS and Beadles is. 

Considering Beadles is signed through 2019 his deal isn't immense and I think over the next couple years a lot more guards will be overrated and overpaid, making Beadles a piece to have in the long run.

Why is everyone assuming that Beadles is this great fit for the ZBS?....IIRC, the Denver Broncos ran a ZBS before Peyton Manning arrived. Beadles played "okay" as a rookie in it, and was absolutely dreadful in 2011. (per PFF). So, I am not sure where this assumption is coming from. Is it just because the Jags brass mentioned it to be the case? I'd rather go by proof. If Beadles actually did excel in a ZBS, then maybe I'd feel more confident, but he has not. 

Quote:Why is everyone assuming that Beadles is this great fit for the ZBS?....IIRC, the Denver Broncos ran a ZBS before Peyton Manning arrived. Beadles played "okay" as a rookie in it, and was absolutely dreadful in 2011. (per PFF). So, I am not sure where this assumption is coming from. Is it just because the Jags brass mentioned it to be the case? I'd rather go by proof. If Beadles actually did excel in a ZBS, then maybe I'd feel more confident, but he has not. 

Imaginationland: TMD says he was "okay" as a rookie

Reality:  Sporting News' All-Rookie Team in 2010

Imaginationland:  TMD questions his fit for ZBS

Reality:  Has played in nothing but ZBS his entire career, including his 2012 Pro Bowl selection

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Insert name here is better than what we had.

(This post was last modified: 03-17-2014, 09:02 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Imaginationland: TMD says he was "okay" as a rookie

Reality:  Has played in nothing but ZBS his entire career, including his 2012 Pro Bowl selection

There were posters on here that claimed that once Peyton Manning arrived, that the Broncos scrapped the ZBS. Wikipedia claims that Denver is still running a ZBS, so now I don't know who to believe. 

Oh, and making the "all rookie team" isn't that big of an accomplishment. Usually most rookies who start are given honors there. I wouldn't be surprised if Alualu wasn't part of the all rookie team that year. 

Quote: 

I was against cutting Uche for this exact reason... and you were one of the main people saying we need to cut him.

I said it's not that easy to fill 3 holes in the interior line (keep Uche and sign another guard or center) whereas you said Uche needs to be cut PERIOD and that getting a quality starting guard in the league isn't that hard.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2014, 09:19 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I was against cutting Uche for this exact reason... and you were one of the main people saying we need to cut him.

I said it's not that easy to fill 3 holes in the interior line (keep Uche and sign another guard or center) whereas you said Uche needs to be cut PERIOD and that getting a quality starting guard in the league isn't that hard.

I'm not saying they shouldn't have cut Uche....I'm saying they needed to sign more than one OL this offseason. So the end of your first sentence is missing the point. It shouldn't have been hard for the Jags to bring in another decent OL with all that cap room. Asomoah or Schwartz could also have been targeted and signed. 

Quote:I'm not saying they shouldn't have cut Uche....I'm saying they needed to sign more than one OL this offseason. So the end of your first sentence is missing the point. It shouldn't have been hard for the Jags to bring in another decent OL with all that cap room. Asomoah or Schwartz could also have been targeted and signed. 

Yeah... because if you want them, *poof* they're yours...

LOL

There are more than enough picks to address this in the draft.  And FA isn't even done yet...

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I'm not saying they shouldn't have cut Uche....I'm saying they needed to sign more than one OL this offseason. So the end of your first sentence is missing the point. It shouldn't have been hard for the Jags to bring in another decent OL with all that cap room. Asomoah or Schwartz could also have been targeted and signed.

Did free agency end or something?

Quote:Imaginationland: TMD says he was "okay" as a rookie

The coaches and GM picked Beadles for this team, they know which players fit THEIR scheme.  TMD, just because you read something on wikipedia don't assume anything yourself.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/roster...b6c692ea0b

BEADLES AT A GLANCE:

• A fourth-year offensive guard who has started 62-of-64 games during his first four NFL seasons (54 at left guard and eight at right tackle).

• Earned his first career Pro Bowl selection in 2012 after allowing just one sack and finishing the season as the only Broncos player to participate in every offensive or defensive snap.

• Named the Broncos' Walter Payton Man of the Year nominee for his work in the community during the 2012 season.

• Opened all 16 games during the regular season and started both playoff contests for the Broncos in 2011, helping the league’s top rushing offense (164.5 ypg.) set the franchise single-season rushing mark.

• Named to The Sporting News’ All-Rookie Team in 2010 after opening eight contests at left guard and six contests at right tackle, becoming the first NFL rookie since Andre Gurode (Dal., 2002) to start at least six games at two of the three positions along the offensive line (C, G, T).

• Called for just four holding penalties during his first three NFL seasons.

• Played 51 games (50 starts) at the University of Utah, where he was a three-time All-Mountain West Conference selection and received several All-America honors as a senior.

• Named the 2009-10 Mountain West Conference Male Scholar-Athlete of the Year following his senior season and was a four-time Academic All-MWC honoree.

• Selected by the Broncos in the second round (45th overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft.

CAREER TRANSACTIONS: Signed by Denver as a draft choice 7/27/10.

2013: Beadles started all 16 regular-season games for the third-straight season... Was part of an offensive line unit that allowed the fewest sacks (20) in the NFL, as well as the most games allowing zero sacks (6)... Was a member of an offensive line group that was named a collective offensive player of the week by Sports Illustrated’s Peter King for its performance in which it allowed zero sacks and zero quarterback hits against the NFL’s top-ranked sack defense vs. K.C. (11/17)... Started all three postseason contests... Part of an offensive line that did not allow a sack in Denver's divisional-round win vs. S.D. (1/12)... Part of an offensive line that did not allow a sack or a QB hit in the AFC Championship Game vs. N.E. (1/19).

2012: Beadles started all 16 regular-season games at left guard for the second consecutive season and was selected to play in his first career Pro Bowl... Represented the only Bronco to play every offensive or defensive snap and allowed just one sack on the season... Named the Broncos’ Walter Payton Man of the Year nominee for his efforts in the community... Was one of four starting guards to not allow a sack through the first 13 weeks of the season... Threw a key block down the field on wide receiver Demaryius Thomas’ 71-yard touchdown catch-and-run vs. Pit. (9/9) that marked quarterback Peyton Manning’s 400th career touchdown pass... Started at left guard in Denver AFC Divisional Playoff Game vs. Bal. (1/12).

2011: Beadles started all 16 regular-season games and both playoff contests for Denver at left guard... Part of the only offensive line in the NFL to open every regular-season game with the same five individuals... Helped the Broncos finish first in the league in rushing with a team-record 164.5 yards per game on the ground.

2010: Selected by the Broncos in the second round (45th overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft, Beadles appeared in all 16 games (14 starts), opening six contests at right tackle before starting the final eight games at left guard... Became the first rookie since Andre Gurode (Dal., 2002) to start at least six games at two of the three positions along the offensive line (C, G, T)... Was one of six NFL rookie offensive linemen to start at least 14 games in 2010, earning him a spot on The Sporting News’ All-Rookie Team... Called for just two penalties (15 yds.) during the season... Started at right tackle at Jac. (9/12) to become the first player in franchise history to start a season opener at that position in his rookie campaign.

COLLEGE: Beadles played 51 career games (50 starts) at the University of Utah, earning first-team All-Mountain West Conference accolades in his final two seasons... Recorded 313 career knockdown/key blocks to go along with 45 touchdown blocks while opening 38 contests at left tackle and 12 games at left guard... Received first-team All-America honors from the Football Writers Association and College Football News as a senior and was chosen as the 2009-10 MWC Male Scholar-Athlete of the Year... Voted a finalist for the Wuerffel Trophy (athletics, academics and community) and was a Lowe’s Senior CLASS second-team All-American... Named Utah’s Top Offensive Lineman as a junior with a career-best 109 knockdowns/key blocks in addition to 13 touchdown blocks.

PERSONAL: Beadles was a team-captain and three-year starter at Hillcrest High School in Sandy, Utah, where he did not miss a game during his career... Started along the offensive and defensive lines, recording 93 tackles, six sacks and one interception on defense and allowing zero sacks on offense as a senior to earn first-team all-state and all-region honors... Majored in mechanical engineering at Utah and earned a postgraduate scholarship from the NCAA for his classroom performance... Stepfather, Joe Legerski, is the women’s basketball coach at the University of Wyoming... Zane Dae Beadles was born on Nov. 19, 1986, in Casper, Wyo.

<div> 
</div>

Quote:Did free agency end or something?

seriously?....what good players are left? Unless we sign Mack, (unlikely)....