Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Gerhart to be the starter.

Quote:One thing that I found interesting about Tate is that he has never played in all 16 games in a season. Polian even stated that his style lends himself to injury and that his playing time is directly related to his injuries. That has to be a bit worrisome for any GM, and that's probably why Jacksonville valued Gerhart with his fewer "hits taken" over Tate.
Could be, who knows.  Tate probably has the higher ceiling, but a lower floor than Gerhart. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Gerhart plus Lewis in the redzone is great on paper.  If only Blackmon would get his head on straight.

Gerhart is going to be the short yard back, redzone back, two and four minute drill back, and the grind the win out back.  I'm pretty sure that means he is our starter.  I think he'll approach 10 TDs this year.

Quote:Gerhart plus Lewis in the redzone is great on paper. If only Blackmon would get his head on straight.

Gerhart is going to be the short yard back, redzone back, two and four minute drill back, and the grind the win out back. I'm pretty sure that means he is our starter. I think he'll approach 10 TDs this year.

I think this idea that he's a pounder / grinder type is because he's white. Don't get me wrong, he definitely fits that mold, but I think he could prove to be more agile than many of us expect.

Quote:I think this idea that he's a pounder / grinder type is because he's white. Don't get me wrong, he definitely fits that mold, but I think he could prove to be more agile than many of us expect.

I don't make those assumptions because he is white.  He is a one cut and downhill runner.  He is an excellent pass protector.  He has reliable hands and runs good routes.  To me, that allows him to be in the position to get snaps in the redzone, on 3rd down, short yard situations, and quite frankly most of the fourth quarter.  What it boils down to is he is a smart back who has played with some of the best runners we've seen (AP).  He knows how to get and stay on the field. 

Quote:I don't make those assumptions because he is white. He is a one cut and downhill runner. He is an excellent pass protector. He has reliable hands and runs good routes. To me, that allows him to be in the position to get snaps in the redzone, on 3rd down, short yard situations, and quite frankly most of the fourth quarter. What it boils down to is he is a smart back who has played with some of the best runners we've seen (AP). He knows how to get and stay on the field.

Agree I'm just excited that Gerhart offers a little more versatility than I originally had thought.

Gerhart is the best RB in the AFCS

Gerhart is a good back .. But a lot of people was saying how slow mjd was this past season which was somewhat true then you (May) replace him with Toby who is not running away from anybody. He is younger but that's about it.
Cali got the Oranges ..Jacksonville got the Drew !!

Good Lord people....Toby Gerhart is NOT a grind it out 3rd down , red zone or whatever else you wanna short sale him on. Lest anyone forget he LED the NATION in rushing and touchdowns his Heisman runner up year. Don't forget he has played behind thee best RB in the league for the ENTIRE term of his Viking contract. TOBY GERHART IS A RUNNER...........not some grind it out wanna RB. Fans who love the Jags but don't now much about this kid might want to reserve judgment until "after" his first season with the team. I still say that IF he stays healthy....and they give him a much improved OL.........you will be pleasantly surprised!

Quote:In the first 9 games last year he had 5 carries for 28 yards.

If he's our starter, I'd like to see more production then 28 yards in the 1st half of the season.
 Are you speaking of the year in which Adrian Peterson came dangerously close to breaking Eric Dickerson's season rushing record? Because if you are referring to that same year, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that might be the MAIN REASON Toby Gerhart had so few a carries.

Quote:Good Lord people....Toby Gerhart is NOT a grind it out 3rd down , red zone or whatever else you wanna short sale him on. Lest anyone forget he LED the NATION in rushing and touchdowns his Heisman runner up year. Don't forget he has played behind thee best RB in the league for the ENTIRE term of his Viking contract. TOBY GERHART IS A RUNNER...........not some grind it out wanna RB. Fans who love the Jags but don't now much about this kid might want to reserve judgment until "after" his first season with the team. I still say that IF he stays healthy....and they give him a much improved OL.........you will be pleasantly surprised!
I think TOBY gerhart is pretty good running BACK... and i AGREE with you in that i THINK alot of people are underrating HIM