Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chris Clemons to Visit Jaguars

Quote:So we will have signed half of Seattle's defensive line from last year?   If we sign Clemons, does this point towards drafting Mack instead of Clowney?

It kinda looks this way. W/the question mark pertaining to JC's vs Mack's heart, it seems that we're leaning toward Mack giving the FA acquisitions...

NH3...
"AZANE"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Not sure if he'd be much better than Babin was. Less money hopefully.
Thing is we will have much more talent then we had last year, so if he gives us what Babin did its a plus, and he knows the system and Gus

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:Not sure if he'd be much better than Babin was. Less money hopefully.

Probably very similar in talent at this point. Like you said, hopefully cheaper, plus Gus coached him. 

Quote:Nothing in FA will impact the first 3 rounds of the draft. 

You sure?   At some point, if we improve our defensive line enough, then at some point, Mack at LB would be a bigger upgrade than Clowney at DE.  

Can we just sign Revis already

With how the FA is going I'm betting Caldwell isn't high on Clowney.  QB or trade back makes the most sense now.

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2014, 06:32 PM by J-Mizzal.)

Quote:You sure?   At some point, if we improve our defensive line enough, then at some point, Mack at LB would be a bigger upgrade than Clowney at DE.  
Clemons and Bryant are 30 plus, that would make no sense to not go Clowney just because we signed 2 older vets, plus Dekato Watson role is similar to what Mack can do, with that logic we wont go Mack either 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

The possibility of Clemons, Bryant, Marks and Khalil Mack ? RIP Andrew Luck.

Quote:I'd rather have Jared Allen or Peppers, but I'll be okay with this provided its reasonable, and it should be, given the down year, as well as age.

As long as youre ok with it.

Quote:As long as youre ok with it.
Hahaha

Quote:Can we just sign Revis already

No, No, No, no, no, no...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:You sure?   At some point, if we improve our defensive line enough, then at some point, Mack at LB would be a bigger upgrade than Clowney at DE.  

You still take Clowney if he's the best player on your draft board. As Pete Carroll said - in a passing league you can never have enough pass rushers. But it's true Gus only has Clemons in his time in Seattle, we only added other good pass rushers like Bennett and Avril last year.

Out of Bounds Sports ‏@<b>TheOOBP</b> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/TheOOBP/status/443878550459133952' title="3:37 PM - 12 Mar 2014">1m</a>

<p class=""><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Jaguars&src=hash'>#<b>Jaguars</b></a> sign Chris Clemons to multi-year deal. Clemons was just released by <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Seahawks&src=hash'>#<b>Seahawks</b></a>

I want Clemons AND young. Make it happen Dave.

I like Clemons... But.I hope the deal is only guaranteed for 2 years
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:As long as youre ok with it.
LOL.   I snarfed my beer a little bit. 

It should be noted that both of the older veterans we signed, Bryant and Clemons, are guys that Gus is confident can help him instill the Seattle type culture in the locker room.   I think that's why we were willing to sign those guys in spite of their age. 

Dont post garbage twitter accounts please. 

Quote:With how the FA is going I'm betting Caldwell isn't high on Clowney.  QB or trade back makes the most sense now.

Well first off I think he likes Clowney but he probably knows Clowney most likely won't be available

Quote:The possibility of Clemons, Bryant, Marks and Khalil Mack ? RIP Andrew Luck.

That plus Clowney and Watt Rip Luck lol