Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags sign Watson.

his intangibles are enticing.. should be a fun player to watch.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Watkins? I assume you mean Watson. Watson will most likely play the SAM role, while Mack can play all over.

Yeah I meant Watson we definetly know where Sammy Watkins would play. Although with Watkins,Blackmon? Shorts and Sanders would be nice.

Quote:forgot about geno hayes too... he didnt look bad for us last year... i see this signing as being on par with a signing like hayes, not huge, but serviceable.

I thought the same exact thing.  Very similar to Hayes.  Nice depth signing here.  Top end talent obviously needs to come from the draft.

Quote:I thought the same exact thing. Very similar to Hayes. Nice depth signing here. Top end talent obviously needs to come from the draft.

That is why id be surprised to see Watson have more of a role here than he did at TB.

Quote:Well, statistics and facts counter your argument. 
Havent seen any metrics on either.. do you have any available?

Quote:That is why id be surprised to see Watson have more of a role here than he did at TB.

Just a guess. But I think Watson will be more of a pass rusher.

I notice the trend with Caldwells signings are that they're guys who opposing fans are not happy to see leave. They either view them as important or underutilized pieces. The exact opposite was true with gene signings.

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2014, 03:27 PM by JagsorDie.)

Quote:I notice the trend with Caldwells signings are that they're guys who opposing fans are not happy to see leave. They either view them as important or underutilized pieces. The exact opposite was true with gene signings.
he also has shown a nice mixture of young talent and good fitting vets.... i have yet to see him overpay too which is something that gene had a prob with in players like landry, ross, and robinson(the wr)....way to much money spent on those guys for way to little production

I asked a Bucs fan on another forum what he thought about Dekoda and this is what he said

"a complete stud on special teams. Athletic SAM backer that can play that "Leo" position you guys got over there at DE

He will be missed here."

Another comment from a Bucs fan

"Missed here but easily replaced in my mind. Do hate that we lost Watson and Hayward though"

I love the addition

The speed, the burst, the passion for the game

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2014, 08:59 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

It is always nice to sign players from other teams when the other teams fans didnt want them to leave.  Bryant, Watson, Gerhart etc.

Always a good sign

Nice signing.  Increases the speed of the LB corps. Watson and Hayes have good speed at the position.  Like that he is a versatile player and that he doesn't mind playing special teams.  If the Jaguars draft a fast LB in the draft, the unit could be transformed. 

Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

Trade up for Shazier????

Or stay put and get Borland???

Quote:Trade up for Shazier????

Or stay put and get Borland???

Neither.

I hope we find our Bobby Wagner
Shock the world

Quote:Neither.

Both can be that guy

Shazier is safety like side line to side line speed 

Borland is a tackle machine in the mold of a miniature Luke Kuechly 

Quote:Neither.

Shazier could definitely be that guy.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RavensInsider'>Aaron Wilson ‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@RavensInsider</span> </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/444138790417084416' title="11:51 AM - 13 Mar 2014">1m</a>
<p class="" style="font-size:11.818181991577148px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;">Dekoda Watson three year deal is $6.25 million, $1.5 million guaranteed

Quote: 

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:11.81px;">Aaron Wilson ‏<span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@RavensInsider</span>  1m
<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:11.81px;">Dekoda Watson three year deal is $6.25 million, $1.5 million guaranteed

</div>

wow.  how is dave pulling off these deals?  agents should be warned that dave is as abusive as a stranger handing out candy to children.

Quote:
<a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/RavensInsider'>Aaron Wilson ‏<span style="color:rgb(136,153,166);"><span style="font-size:12px;"><span style="color:rgb(177,187,195);">@

RavensInsider
</a> <a class="bbc_url" href='https://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/444138790417084416'>1m</a></span></span></span>

Dekoda Watson three year deal is $6.25 million, $1.5 million guaranteed

Great deal. Hopefully he produces
Shock the world