Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Beadles Hinting at Decker Signing?

Quote:Not worth it at all. I wouldn't pay more than 5 MIL per for Decker. He'll get more from some team, just hope its not us. He's a product of the system. 
I wouldn't pay more than $500k per for Decker.

Quote:Some of you are underrating Decker in my opinion. He isn't the elite number 1 but he is a very good number 2. I'd love to have him here for 6 mil a year.
And some of you are underestimating how much people in Denver hate Decker. He's an average wideout who's more focused on his off-field ventures than on, and if Peyton Manning hadn't been throwing him passes while Demaryius Thomas, Wes Welker and Julius Thomas took attention away, he'd be a post-draft, minimum-salary target this year.

Quote:Agreed but He's better than Shorts.
lolno

Quote:A bigger, more physical & durable Shorts.
Have you ever watched Cecil Shorts play? Have you ever watched Eric Decker play? Shorts could complete two 40's in the time it takes Decker to get through one. Shorts also makes an effort when he's a decoy or called in to block. Decker was called out by the announcers several times last year for just making a half-hearted bounce off of his assigned player in run blocking.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:But Decker Shorts and Blackmon could be legit. Any one of the 3 could be a 2nd tier corner or nickel corner if we ran 3 WR sets. Depending on how much he's asking for, I would love for him to come to Jacksonville. Mike Wallace type money? No way. Something cheaper? Yup.

I really don't think we can count on Blackmon. Sammy Watkins at 3 anyone?

Quote:I wouldn't pay more than $500k per for Decker.

And some of you are underestimating how much people in Denver hate Decker. He's an average wideout who's more focused on his off-field ventures than on, and if Peyton Manning hadn't been throwing him passes while Demaryius Thomas, Wes Welker and Julius Thomas took attention away, he'd be a post-draft, minimum-salary target this year.

lolno

Have you ever watched Cecil Shorts play? Have you ever watched Eric Decker play? Shorts could complete two 40's in the time it takes Decker to get through one. Shorts also makes an effort when he's a decoy or called in to block. Decker was called out by the announcers several times last year for just making a half-hearted bounce off of his assigned player in run blocking.

Decker is actually a good run blocker so I'm not taking anything you said seriously.

Decker was productive with Tebow. Not saying he is worth big money, hard to truly gauge his skill when P Manning is tossing the pigskin to you. I bet I could go to Denver and score a few TDs with Thomas, D Thomas and Welker taking attention off me. Unless they jam me. Then not so much. But I think he would be a reliable WR option. Someone will overpay for him. Guessing Jets or Colts. Colts makes a lot of sense

"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Tate got 5/31 so Decker is gonna get closer to what TMD predicted which is too much.

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2014, 04:10 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Tate got 5/31 so Decker is gonna get closer to what TMD predicted which is too much.

....I've been shockingly pretty spot on with my salary guestimates so far with these FA 

and agreed, NO way do I want Decker here at anywhere near 9 MIL per. 

Quote:....I've been shockingly pretty spot on with my salary guestimates so far with these FA 

On the other hand, we have to spend up to 89% of the cap over a 4 year period, and before free agency began, we were in the low 60% range.   We can afford to overspend because by the time we wind up with cap problems, the guys we overspent for this year will be two or more years into their contract so we will be able to shed salaries without it hurting us cap-wise.  

If we don't spend it on guys like Eric Decker, whom do we spend it on?   We have to spend it or else the CBA says we have to pay it out in bonuses to the guys on the roster.  

Eric Decker may not be "worth it" but what is the alternative?   In the long run, we can't not spend it.

Although I would add, if the choice was between 9 million per year for Eric Decker, or 10 million a year for Alex Mack, I would rather overspend for Alex Mack.   There are a lot of Eric Deckers out there in the draft, but there isn't an Alex Mack.  

Quote:....I've been shockingly pretty spot on with my salary guestimates so far with these FA

Decker just signed for 36 for 5 years. Good call on the 9 million a year.

Quote:Decker just signed for 36 for 5 years. Good call on the 9 million a year.

I can't remember if I said 5.5 to 6 or 6.5 to 7. Regardless I'm giving myself props because I didn't overbid and the price is right rules always apply.

Quote:Decker just signed for 36 for 5 years. Good call on the 9 million a year.

hahaha, don't be bitter...I admit I missed this one. He got more coin than I assumed he would. First one I've been wrong about this offseason. 

Quote:hahaha, don't be bitter...I admit I missed this one. He got more coin than I assumed he would. First one I've been wrong about this offseason. 

Here's what you've won

[Image: ist2_1072734_empty_hand_The_Cell_Phone_T...68-580.jpg]

The fact that we paid similar money to Beadles when we could have possibly made the same offer to Decker is ridiculous.

6'3", 220 lb WRs who can catch the deep ball and go over the middle of the field with success to not come around often. I'm avtaully scratching my head as to why no one considers him to be a #1. The Jets just got a great WR for a reasonable amount of money.

Quote:The fact that we paid similar money to Beadles when we could have possibly made the same offer to Decker is ridiculous.

6'3", 220 lb WRs who can catch the deep ball and go over the middle of the field with success to not come around often. I'm avtaully scratching my head as to why no one considers him to be a #1. The Jets just got a great WR for a reasonable amount of money.

1 catch for 6 yards in the Superbowl. Great WR man...
Shock the world

Quote:1 catch for 6 yards in the Superbowl. Great WR man...

Lol let's pick out his worst game and try to build an argument around it.

How about we take a look at his past 3 seasons and go off that.

Peyton manning played pretty poorly. Great qb man...

Ummm Beadles probably had a worse game in the Super Bowl. Broncos offensive line was getting abused more than Tila Tequila from Shawn Merriman.

All of you relax. He's not going to be all that great with Geno. He's a #2 guy
Shock the world

I am sure Decker will be catching alot of bombs from Geno Smith next year

Quote:I am sure Decker will be catching alot of bombs from Geno Smith next year

Only time will tell
Shock the world