Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Love the awsome job Caldwell has done..

Quote:lol "pressures"....this team has forever had issues with DE's that simply cannot "get home" and you're trumping up a guy with supposedly a lot of pressures, yet never any more than THREE QB sacks in any given season....

Good Lord....smh....

He's not even Mike Mamula....
Rolleyes

On Wisconsin.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:lol "pressures"....this team has forever had issues with DE's that simply cannot "get home" and you're trumping up a guy with supposedly a lot of pressures, yet never any more than THREE QB sacks in any given season....

Good Lord....smh....

He's not even Mike Mamula....

Pressures are a very important stat. It isn't like we are breaking the bank with this guy. They are trying to improve the team. Not everyone will be elite. Seattle had the same model. I know, I know, you said they would NEVER win the Superbowl with Pete Carroll... whelp.

Quote:If it was a player to ACTUALLY get excited about (i,e, a true difference maker) thats one thing. Getting excited about a player that is at best a fringe player and talking him up as if he's this great signing is ridiculous and disingenuous.

He's a nice rotational guy to have especially with Babin gone.
Shock the world

Quote:The odd man out is Chris Prosinski.

Man I forgot about him! He might just get cut.

Go Jaguars! Go Hokies!
;

;
Infamous Out..

Not crazy about the Beadles signing, but I admittedly don't know much about the guy. Aside from that, Caldwell is doing a very nice job. No complaints here.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

First of all, disruption is production.

The fact is there was no way you were going to be happy because you set up idiotic expectations with Byrd and Mack. However, for everyone else who knew what to realistically expect the haul we are looking at is very impressive...and a pick for Gabbert is awesome icing on the cake. 

Well, it's pretty obvious the Gabbert trade is just about Caldwell's ego.  I don't think I can support a GM who throws a talented, hard-working QB under the bus just for getting a couple of minor injuries. 

If Revis is cut, why not try and get him? Instantly our top CB.

Quote:What moves did he really do? I applaud the Gabbert trade but nothing else wowed me.

That in itself is a miracle

Quote:Pressures are a very important stat. It isn't like we are breaking the bank with this guy. They are trying to improve the team. Not everyone will be elite. Seattle had the same model. I know, I know, you said they would NEVER win the Superbowl with Pete Carroll... whelp.

I understand that....but lets call a spade a spade and not pretend and act like the signing is some great thing. Its a cog. Its not anything close to a difference maker. 

I thought Caldwell said that in this free agency period we were supposed to focus more on the bigger "impact" type of free agent. That has not materialized as of yet. 

Quote:Well, it's pretty obvious the Gabbert trade is just about Caldwell's ego. I don't think I can support a GM who throws a talented, hard-working QB under the bus just for getting a couple of minor injuries.

Haha
Shock the world

Quote:Byrd fits the mold of what you need at FS in Gus' defense. That we apparently have not prioritized him as a signing is weak. Sure, Byrd would have cost a lot, but he was one of the few free agents available that actually can be a difference maker with his ball hawk ability. 

As I've always said, if you are going to overpay, then do it on very good players, not "average" players (which Beadles is). Beadles is essentially Tony Pashos all over again. (different position on the line, but main point stands) Actually Pashos might have been more consistent at the time of his signing,,,, 

Byrd doesn't have anything close to Earl Thomas's range and wants $9M a year. Beadles fits the zone-blocking scheme. You're a negative Nancy. Please tell us whom you would have lured here (against the bidding of 31 other teams) and what you would pay each of them so we can sit back and laugh at your childish take on reality. 

"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

Quote:Well, it's pretty obvious the Gabbert trade is just about Caldwell's ego.  I don't think I can support a GM who throws a talented, hard-working QB under the bus just for getting a couple of minor injuries. 
huh

Quote:If Revis is cut, why not try and get him? Instantly our top CB.
We are set at CB especially if we sign Thurmond without paying 15 mil a year to one player

There's actual good basis in getting excited about guys like that when Sen Derrick Marks is so fresh in our memory.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:He's a nice rotational guy to have especially with Babin gone.

I agree with that. Nice cog. Backup/ rotation guy. Thats pretty much it. 

Quote:We are set at CB especially if we sign Thurmond without paying 15 mil a year to one player

Yep. And don't forget about McCray and Jeremy Harris
Shock the world

Quote:huh

If he had drafted him, he would have given him every chance to succeed.

Quote:We are set at CB especially if we sign Thurmond without paying 15 mil a year to one player
Laughable if you think Thurmond is on Revis level. Thurmond is nothing special

Quote:If he had drafted him, he would have given him every chance to succeed.

You sound like Blaine's mom haha
Shock the world