Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fill in the Blank: At the end of today, ________ will be a member of the Jaguars

Quote:I betting Walter Thurman and Golden Tate are on our radar as well
Pass on Golden Tate.... No thanks.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Blaine Gabbert

Quote:I wouldn't say its "risky".......you just have to make sure you take care of the other potential early signings first so that if you wind up not getting Mack (Cleveland matches) you don't end up hung out to dry. No other Center in this FA class is of Mack's level, so its not like you'd be missing anything there. 

But also Cleveland has so much cap room, they are in position to match basically any offer.

;

;

Quote:Brian De La Puente

Jon Asamoah or Breno Giacomini and Brian De La Puente. I'd love to see Alterraun Verner in a Jaguars uniform, but I'll settle for him out of the division.

Quote:rather have Asomoah, whose 3 yrs younger and a longer history of good play
To sign with Atlanta

Joe Hawley is an under the radar type for the Jags I think. Caldwell was in Atlanta when they drafted him. A little undersized but the played well last year when given a shot. And seems to have some attitude...and a glorious beard.

;

;

Quote:To sign with Atlanta

As was expected all weekend.

;

;

Quote:But also Cleveland has so much cap room, they are in position to match basically any offer.

Which is why I said to tend to our (out of the gate) other signings first, and then make a play at Mack....at that point if you get him/ if Cleve doesn't match, its merely a "bonus", if they do match, then nothing really lost. 

Quote:Which is why I said to tend to our (out of the gate) other signings first, and then make a play at Mack....at that point if you get him/ if Cleve doesn't match, its merely a "bonus", if they do match, then nothing really lost.

I think Mack is a legit possibility. He's clearly the guy that would be best possible Fa addition for Jags. J Byrd would be great but I'd be shocked if jags signed Byrd. Go Jaguars!

Mack but it will be a period the browns can match

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Byrd or interior OL or bust.

Mack would be great but I think it is a pipe dream.

;

;

Quote:Mack but it will be a period the browns can match

I think people assuming to much that browns will match offer. The browns have been trying to resign Mack for a couple years. What makes u think it's gonna happen now. Go Jaguars

Steve Smith, Alex Mack, Michael Johnson

[Image: 33yq44j.gif]

Keep in touch on Facebook: WE ARE JAGUARS

I could see Vontae Davis or Lamar Houston

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Nobody New

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

for all the cap gurus, say if we signed mack and byrd to front loaded deals, how much money would we be looking at left in the cap for this year?

Willie Young

Quote:for all the cap gurus, say if we signed mack and byrd to front loaded deals, how much money would we be looking at left in the cap for this year?

Your parameters are too vague for you to get a satisfactory answer. You need to see what kind of Signing Bonus, Roster Bonus, the Likely/Not Likely To Be Earned Incentives and Salary the player will earn before you can determine his Cap hit.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2014, 11:56 AM by Kotite.)

Call me crazy, but I think Jerry Porter still has some gas in the tank.
Only a chump boos the home team!