Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chad Henne Signs Two Year Deal

Although Henne's 2 year deal details are not released as yet, I will guess it is about $4m signing bonus, with $1m salary in 2014 and $3m in 2015 (average $4m per year), averaging $4m per year. Again, just a fun guess.

Gabbert's $2m base salary for this year is fully guaranteed. My guess here is they try to trade him for a team looking for a $2m backup. I doubt they'll find any takers. I don't think they'll want him in a developmental 3rd string position, once they draft a QB this year. I think he'll be released.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

People are mad that we resigned a vet backup QB that knows the system and made the team not look like the laughing stock of the NFL late last year? I'm sorry I didnt know Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson were free agents. 

We are still gonna draft a QB high, Henne will be the bridge until the kid is ready, we need to dump Gabbert now tho

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:However, it signals that they likely won't get someone better in free agency, which means if there isn't a first or second round ready to go guy picked in the draft it's going to be another year of Henne and Gabbert "competing".
Who is out there so much better in free agency?

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:henne can look like garbage at times but i like a few things about the guy... as far as toughness he is the polar opposite of gabbert which isn't the biggest qb trait, but its something... and the obvious part of him knowing the play book and having at least some chemistry already with our WR's is something that should be considered when comparing him to other FA possibilities.

Come on dude obviously Gabbert is a bust but don't question his toughnest. Do u remember that cheap shot he received from Brian Cushing 2 seasons ago and then cursed him out. His pocket presence isn't very strong but he is pretty tough.

Why did the Henne pass cross the road?

It didn't. It was batted down at the line of scrimmage or thrown in the dirt.

I don't like to bash guys, especially OUR guys, but this guy sucks harder than a Dyson vacuum. I told myself all last season I wouldn't have to deal with this bum any more. I would type more, but I can't stop vomiting.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Moot point, Ricky Stanzi is our future!

"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Thank God.

I was starting to worry I would have to retire my number 7 authentic.

Quote:The best QBs have been running their systems for years.  QBs who have to learn new systems (instead of systems build for them, as in Manning's case in Denver) take at least a year for things to really hum (if they even do at all.)  Good QBs in good systems don't change drastically, so yes you still do see a learning curve when a new QB is in a new system.

Things seemed to click pretty quickly for Kyle Orton when he was traded to the Chiefs.  Then again when he went to the Cowboys.  Carson Palmer also seems to be pretty consistent, going from the Bengals to the Raiders to the Cardinals.

Unless you are looking for a long term solution (which Henne is obviously not, nor is Palmer or Orton), then I don't think the system matters that much.  The system matters when you bring in a guy you expect to take you all the way (Like Peyton Manning)

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:People are mad that we resigned a vet backup QB that knows the system and made the team not look like the laughing stock of the NFL late last year? I'm sorry I didnt know Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson were free agents. 

We are still gonna draft a QB high, Henne will be the bridge until the kid is ready, we need to dump Gabbert now tho
thats the way i see it... i think people are getting butt hurt cause they look at it like a sign we will be seeing henne next year starting which very well may be the case... but i dont really have any problem with that as long as the future of the position is being addressed in the draft, which im pretty confident it will be... the way i see it, maybe, just maybe, jacksonville will be able to groom a QB into our system the without ruining another kid by throwing him to wolves when he isnt rdy like we have done for the past 10 years.

And in the meantime we can utilize a QB who averages less than 1 TD per game... since our running game is so stellar.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:thats the way i see it... i think people are getting butt hurt cause they look at it like a sign we will be seeing henne next year starting which very well may be the case... but i dont really have any problem with that as long as the future of the position is being addressed in the draft, which im pretty confident it will be... the way i see it, maybe, just maybe, jacksonville will be able to groom a QB into our system the without ruining another kid by throwing him to wolves when he isnt rdy like we have done for the past 10 years.
True.. Thats my beef

Not  a surprised, Hopefully we still draft a QB that is worth while. I still wish we could trade Gabbert for something....

Quote:For me, this move gets marked as the first real disagreement I have had with Caldwell as far as personnel moves. Oh well, we knew it was coming.
We we're going to need a backup one way or the other, Henne is a good backup who knows the system.. Also this pretty much means Gabbert is getting cut soon. 

What makes any of you think Henne can beat out Gabbert in Training camp again. For 2 years in a row he was not able to do it. Henne cut before season begins.

smh......meet the new GM, same as the old GM....

Quote:We we're going to need a backup one way or the other, Henne is a good backup who knows the system.. Also this pretty much means Gabbert is getting cut soon. 

The derpsquad is back to let us know what a good backup Henne is.

Good is an adjective I couldn't use in good faith to describe any aspect of Henne relating to football.

Quote:smh......meet the new GM, same as the old GM....

How so?

Quote:What makes any of you think Henne can beat out Gabbert in Training camp again. For 2 years in a row he was not able to do it. Henne cut before season begins.

What makes you think it'll be Gabbert he'll be competing against?

Even if Gabbert decides to fool everyone with his playing in underwear, and we don't draft a QB... Henne will likely find himself as a starter again before long.  If we DO draft a QB, then Henne will be a backup or start until he's ready (if Gabbert beats them both out in training camp, we're in trouble).  Who we won't need to worry about unless our starter gets injured.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2014, 03:07 PM by JagsorDie.)

Quote:Come on dude obviously Gabbert is a bust but don't question his toughnest. Do u remember that cheap shot he received from Brian Cushing 2 seasons ago and then cursed him out. His pocket presence isn't very strong but he is pretty tough.
ok maybe polar opposite was harsh, but you can't seriously make an argument for the kid based of one hit he took and literally cried about(and im sure it hurt like hell but save the stupid [BLEEP] story i really couldn't care less)...we could  go around talking about what they make what they risk blah blah blah blah all day but it isnt gonna change either one of our stance on this....sure gabbert is tough compared to say me or you, but sry man, bash me all you want, the guy isn't the first thing i think of when i think of toughness in a nfl player.

Quote:I think I just threw up a little bit in my mouth. :yucky:

just a little? Me a ton....

Quote:there is no better backup qb out there for the jaguars than chad henne.

I disagree. FA Shaun Hill would have been better. Aaron Murray would have been better. 

This move probably nixes the Jags selecting 2 QB in this draft too,  because they won't keep 3 QB on the roster, and Aaron Murray or someone like that wouldn't be a good practice squad candidate, since he'll be scooped up quickly if placed there.