Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
When can we expect any news on blackmons playing status?

Rumor has it he was partying it up at Suite recently. Preparing for the disappointment.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Rumor has it he was partying it up at Suite recently. Preparing for the disappointment.

God I hope not....

Quote:Rumor has it he was partying it up at Suite recently. Preparing for the disappointment.

Where did you hear that?
Shock the world

Quote:Where did you hear that?

They're talking about it right now on 1010XL.  Apparently there's a picture out there of Blackmon hanging out at Suite.  He's not drinking or doing anything in the picture, but the last place a guy with a substance abuse problem needs to be is in a club.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2014, 09:54 AM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:They're talking about it right now on 1010XL.  Apparently there's a picture out there of Blackmon hanging out at Suite.  He's not drinking or doing anything in the picture, but the last place a guy with a substance abuse problem needs to be is in a club.

While true, but if he could actually be there and NOT drink, that would actually be something positive, wouldn't it?

Listening to the live stream now.   Wow...the guy who took the picture claims that Blackmon was intoxicated.   Not looking good for his return if this is true.

I'm no expert but I'd like to think that if you're a recovering addict it's best to stay away from the club scene for a few years. If I'm on a diet I wouldn't be hanging out at McD's. So disappointing, had a glimmer of hope he'd be back and dominate.

Quote:He's tougher to tackle than Smith was. But he doesn't have the speed, route running ability or hands that Smith did.

Maybe he doesn't, however watching him in the 2012 Texans game and 2013 Broncos game, whatever he does have, its pretty darn good. 

Quote:They're talking about it right now on 1010XL.  Apparently there's a picture out there of Blackmon hanging out at Suite.  He's not drinking or doing anything in the picture, but the last place a guy with a substance abuse problem needs to be is in a club.
Did I hear correctly he has checked himself into a rehab facility again and that he may be suspended?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Whatever happens, If I'm the Jags I'm not releasing him. Ever. He's playing here or nowhere. No way am I allowing the opportunity for him to blow up and become a HOF WR on another team. 

Quote:Did I hear correctly he has checked himself into a rehab facility again and that he may be suspended?

Awful news if true. Where did you hear that?

Quote:Listening to the live stream now.   Wow...the guy who took the picture claims that Blackmon was intoxicated.   Not looking good for his return if this is true.

The guy who took the picture or should I say released the picture to the public is nothing more that an stool pigeon. What a loser. If anything, he could have used the picture as a threat to get Blackmon back on the level, but never actually released it to the public. The weasel just wanted to have his 15 seconds of fame. 

Quote:Did I hear correctly he has checked himself into a rehab facility again and that he may be suspended?
That was reported.

If the report indicating he was intoxicated in the picture is true, rehab did him wonders.

It's a shame if true.  This is a kid who has the talent to be a dominant fixture in our offense. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:The guy who took the picture or should I say released the picture to the public is nothing more that an stool pigeon. What a loser. If anything, he could have used the picture as a threat to get Blackmon back on the level, but never actually released it to the public. The weasel just wanted to have his 15 seconds of fame. 
Yeah, that's it.  Blame the guy who took the picture.

Quote:Awful news if true. Where did you hear that?
1010 XL

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 03-12-2014, 10:27 AM by pirkster.)

Ditto.

Mark him off your list.  This sheds more light on the not-so-subtle hint from the FO that his playing days may be over.  They have no confidence that he'll be back so neither should we.

This also brings Watkins into the conversation.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Yeah, my buddy just texted me the picture. He's just dancing next to a female who is holding a bottle. At least he doesn't have a bottle in hand?

Quote:Yeah, that's it.  Blame the guy who took the picture.

I blame the guy for releasing the picture to the public. Yes. That helps no one but the guy who took the picture get his selfish 15 seconds of fame. 

Quote:I blame the guy for releasing the picture to the public. Yes. That helps no one but the guy who took the picture get his selfish 15 seconds of fame. 

The fact that you're blaming the messenger shows just what a monumental ignoramus you are. 

Quote:The fact that you're blaming the messenger shows just what a monumental ignoramus you are. 

I just don't see how anyone benefits from that picture being released to the public other than the fool with the identity crisis that needed his 15 seconds...