Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dave eyeing Josh McDaniels?

Quote:Cooter from Detroit may be someone to watch out for.  Once he took over, their offense played a lot better.

If not for Jim Bob Cooter only being 32 years old,   I truly believe he would have been hired as an NFL HC in 2017.  

I'll be surprised if JBC Is hired an NFL HC in the next couple of months.  But I now think there's a better than 50-50 chance Teryl Austin will get an NFL HC job in 2017.  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Hire Urban Meyer as HC,steal away McDaniel for OC,bring in Tebow who will win at least 9 games, inspire the team, and sell tickets/jerseys. Trade Tebow at the end of the year for the 1st overall pick and draft Lamar Jackson. Win the Super Bowl in 2018.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

This thread just keeps getting dumber.

Have you seen my baseball?

I like the McDaniels/Rex Ryan combo. Probably wouldn't happen.

I do like McDaniels going into his second HC gig. I think a big positive for him, at least to me, is that the rumor is NE wanted Bortles, so I would imagine he would want/be able to use him properly.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I still want Cooter or Shanahan.

I'd feel a lot better with McDaniels if I knew Coughlin would also be roaming around the halls of Everbank.

I don't care who the coaches, players, or GM are, as long as they get their [BLEEP] together and win some games.  If anybody thinks they know what the actual problem with this team is, they are delusional.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:I still want Cooter or Shanahan.

Cooter is too young. Has off the field issues too.

Quote:I like the McDaniels/Rex Ryan combo. Probably wouldn't happen.

I think there is a strong dislike of Rex Ryan in NE .. Plus I want no part of Rex Ryan. A good coach knows when to keep his mouth shut. 

Quote:Cooter is too young. Has off the field issues too.

The good news is Jim Bob Cooter has done a great job putting the off the field issues in the past.  

I'd keep an eye on Mike Vrabel as a potential DC for McDaniels. Vrabel is considered one of the up-and-coming coaches in the league and is a NE guy.

Quote: The good news is Jim Bob Cooter has done a great job putting the off the field issues in the past.

He sure has. Just if I'm going to take a 32 year old HC he's gotta be pretty mature and capable with dealing with everyone on the with discipline.

I'm not sure Jim Bob Cooter would command that kind of respect.

Quote:This thread just keeps getting dumber.

No kidding.......Khan might be eyeing Mcdaniels...but Dave isn't.

He's going to be gone too.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:He sure has. Just if I'm going to take a 32 year old HC he's gotta be pretty mature and capable with dealing with everyone on the with discipline.

I'm not sure Jim Bob Cooter would command that kind of respect.

This is a major part of why I think Jim Bob Cooter is at least one year away from becoming an NFL HC.    JBC appears to be going in the right direction on all fronts.   But that probably won't be enough for an NFL owner to give him the key to his/ her franchise in the upcoming coaching cycle.   On the other hand,  Teryl Austin checks all of the boxes.

I would like Mcdaniels. Hes my second choice though.

Quote:  The good news is Jim Bob Cooter has done a great job putting the off the field issues in the past.  

I look at it like this. Since he has turned the corner with his drinking, maybe he could help others who are currently dealing with those issues. There have definitely been rumors brought up on this board about a current player who some believe has issues with alcohol. I don't know if it is true or not, but if it is, maybe bringing in someone who has overcome the same problem, would be a benefit. 

Quote:I look at it like this. Since he has turned the corner with his drinking, maybe he could help others who are currently dealing with those issues. There have definitely been rumors brought up on this board about a current player who some believe has issues with alcohol. I don't know if it is true or not, but if it is, maybe bringing in someone who has overcome the same problem, would be a benefit.

This isn't a charity we are operating here.

Quote: This is a major part of why I think Jim Bob Cooter is at least one year away from becoming an NFL HC. JBC appears to be going in the right direction on all fronts. But that probably won't be enough for an NFL owner to give him the key to his/ her franchise in the upcoming coaching cycle. On the other hand, Teryl Austin checks all of the boxes.

Yeah JBC is better off staying with Stafford for as long as possible in my eyes. Potentially a HC job there when/if Caldwell falters.

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2016, 03:14 PM by C-Dub93.)

Quote:I would like Mcdaniels. Hes my second choice though.

Obviously if we dont get Bklyns #1 we're screwed. Hopefully Shad gets you on the phone for the search asap.