Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Renaldo Wynn Says Greg Williams Stole Jags Playbook in 1999

Quote:Since when did the generic term for a summer's eve product become a bad word and get auto deleted? Strange.....

That's been the policy for a long time now, but it took awhile to get all permutations into the old filter. The new version was already set up to catch it.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

For all of you saying that it doesn't matter...there's a reason that he stole our play book, and continued to steal other play books!! Obviously it gave them an advantage or he wouldn't keep stealing them!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:For all of you saying that it doesn't matter...there's a reason that he stole our play book, and continued to steal other play books!! Obviously it gave them an advantage or he wouldn't keep stealing them!!

This.......times five

Quote:For all of you saying that it doesn't matter...there's a reason that he stole our play book, and continued to steal other play books!! Obviously it gave them an advantage or he wouldn't keep stealing them!!

Simply put, if it didn't matter, than he wouldn't have done it. 

Ordinarily, I'm pretty sure this report would go straight into the league's, "Sure, we'll investigate that, right after we figure out who killed Kennedy," file. Because Gregg Williams is attached to it, it'll get a wee bit more attention than that. It'd be hilarious to see Williams suspended by the league shortly after being hired as the Rams' DC twice.

Quote:It was the guys on the grassy knoll.  Yeah, right.

You lost because you were out played.  Same reason we lost to the Rams in the SB.  Al the rest is just blah, blah, blah.
lol if you think there is nothing to the jfk shooting...then you will never be able to see the big picture.

people will cheat to have their ways, and people will take money to keep their mouth shut.

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2014, 03:23 AM by Jungle Cat.)

I did a little bit of memory-refreshing. 

If the Titans hadn't received the call they got on the kickoff return with 16 seconds left in the Wild Card game, possession of the Jaguars' playbook is irrelevant.

Titans' season over.

Another case where the NFL really looks bad because it was obvious they had a greater concern for a dynamic story line more than integrity of the sport? NFL Films calls the Music City Miracle the number three controversial officiating call of all time.

*That favorable twist of fate gave Tennessee all kinds of momentum as they headed down to Alltel.

*The fact that Tennessee fans swamped Jaguars' fans for stadium seats at the AFC Title game also factored in.

*The poor quality Super Bowl rap song made by several Jaguars' players had deleterious effects on home-field

advantage. 

*The Jaguars were nay-sayers. Unable to classify the Titans' so called miracle as anything other than what looked like biased officiating, the team retreated from the confidence gained by a blow-win over the Dolphins to a mentality of lightning doesn't strike a team three times in the same year. Players know what it means when they see a home team get the call on a tight play. Home cookin'.

*The darling call gave the Titans' extended playoff life and lots of momentum.

*The shift of momentum almost assured there was a doubt planted in the mind of Jaguars.

Still think it was possession of a play book?

If you examine the stats it might provide some hints as to how the Titans were able to beat the Jaguars...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/bo...230jax.htm

As you review the game, it had very little to do with Gregg Williams owning Tom Coughlin's play book.

For example: The Jaguars recovered a Wycheck fumble on the Jacksonville 1 yard line. Kevin Hardy forced the fumble and Lonnie Marts recovered it. Fred Taylor was stuffed at the line of scrimmage for no gain. Then for a reason he'll have to give account for, Brunell called a time out (the second of the first half). 

On the next play after the time out, instead of conservatively punching the ball forward to make room for a punt, Mark tried to throw a pass out of his own end zone. He was sandwiched for a safety by Josh Evans and Jason Fisk.

The mistake was trying to make something out of nothing. Going for it when it wasn't there in the shadow of their own goalpost cost us two points.

Then out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Bryan Barker performed the free kick after safety. Derrick Mason then returned it 80 yards for a Titans' TD. That's a nine-point swing in just seconds of time.

The fact is Mark Brunell blew it that day. He blew the Jaguars only other AFC Title game in New England, as well. Instead of being a quarterback that hands the ball off and throws for a first down when we need it, Brunell wanted to be a hero.

Quarterbacks are nothing.

Some things in the enhanced box score:

Titans had:

4 kickoff returns for 174 yards. (Derrick Mason - 43.5 yards per return)

112 net yards passing (S.McNair 14-23-1-112 )

177 yards rushing (S.McNair 9-91, E.George 25-86)

Jaguars had:

9 penalties for 100 yards

0-2 on fourth down attempts

6 turnovers (4 fumbles lost, 2 interceptions)

Target Receiver

Jimmy Smith - Targeted 16 times - 5 receptions for 92 yards - 0 Tds

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

C'mon.....I was there. After scoring 62 points against Miami.....our offense was in top gear heading into that game. Our offense was stifled. When things don't work, you are forced to play outside of your comfort zone. Was having the playbook the reason we lost? No one will ever know. Greg Williams seems to think so. But that's neither here nor there. It gave one team an unfair advantage. Sometimes....that's all it takes. Again, I will be interested to hear what Bosselli & Lageman have to say on the issue. Ultimately, I will defer to their football knowledge and experience.

This potentially explains how they had our number All Season... The real question is How and When did he acquire our playbook?

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:I don't think it matters much. With all the tape they watch, all the players changing teams, and all the data they keep of what coaches like to call in certain situations the playbook itself is probably not giving away much. Tom Coughlin once said if your players are executing the way they are suppose to you should be able to walk up to the line of scrimmage and tell the defense what you're going to run and still be successful.

Regards......................the Chiefjag

True but this is only if your team is Truely Superior advantage wise... If equal teams know what the other will do for sure...Advantate team cheater...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Am I the only one skeptical that Tom Coughlin wouldn't notice a "missing" playbook?

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Am I the only one skeptical that Tom Coughlin wouldn't notice a "missing" playbook?

Wynn said that the playbook wasn't 'stolen' but they had some sort of access to it.  Would love to hear how he actually acquired it.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Wynn said that the playbook wasn't 'stolen' but they had some sort of access to it.  Would love to hear how he actually acquired it.
A mole within the franchise? Or the league lending them a helping hand to keep their storyline postseason going?

Quote:Am I the only one skeptical that Tom Coughlin wouldn't notice a "missing" playbook?

Cave drawings, Xerox, or maybe one of those tiny spy cameras?

Quote:lol if you think there is nothing to the jfk shooting...then you will never be able to see the big picture.

people will cheat to have their ways, and people will take money to keep their mouth shut.

I have pictures.

Small bills in a brown paper sack. You will be advised on the drop location at a later time, be prepared.

I have the matching shell casings....I prefer hundreds.....briefcase will do.......I will set the drop place.......

I have The Smoking Gun, I prefer Unmarked Bills and the drop location is my Swiss Account...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Wynn said that the playbook wasn't 'stolen' but they had some sort of access to it.  Would love to hear how he actually acquired it.  

The Titans scouts drew up a Jaguars' play book based on video tape. It's easy to do. Watch the video and draw the plays. 

Draw enough plays and slap them in a binder.

Then call it the Jaguars' play book.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

Quote:C'mon.....I was there. After scoring 62 points against Miami.....our offense was in top gear heading into that game. Our offense was stifled. When things don't work, you are forced to play outside of your comfort zone. Was having the playbook the reason we lost? No one will ever know. Greg Williams seems to think so. But that's neither here nor there. It gave one team an unfair advantage. Sometimes....that's all it takes. Again, I will be interested to hear what Bosselli & Lageman have to say on the issue. Ultimately, I will defer to their football knowledge and experience.

Not so. The Jaguars blew out Miami. They were over-confident expecting to win. The euphoria wore off when the Titans' sacked Brunell for a safety then returned a SPECIAL TEAMS play back for a nine-point, momentum-changing swing.

Six turnovers is too much to over-come in a championship game. You have to play mistake-free football and run the football. 9 penalties for 100 yards. None of this had anything to do with a lost play book.

The Titans swamped the stadium. Jaguars fans didn't see it coming. So many regular seat buddies were no longer there. The volume of Tennessee fans was like nothing any team had done before.

We all sat there wondering how in the world did they get that many tickets?