Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Shad Khan confirms what everyone knew, we'll be drafting a QB (maybe 2) in this years draft

Quote:If it was a quote from shad khan, how can anyone take that as credit for themselves?? Doesn't matter where he got the info as long as it's quoted from shad khan. No one can claim credit for khans words, unless your suggesting you think shad told this directly to the original poster.

It wasn't just the quote from Khan.   It was the entire post that was copied and pasted from another source. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerp...693&spln=1

===============================================================================================

Jaguars owner Shad Khan confirmed the team plans to draft a quarterback.

"Everybody knows we're going to draft a quarterback - maybe two," Khan said. The Jaguars hold the No. 3 pick in May's draft and very possibly could get their choice of the group, considering the Texans could take Jadeveon Clowney and the Rams don't appear to be in the market for a signal caller. Chad Henne is a free agent, and Blaine Gabbert's time has likely run up in Jacksonville. Henne could be brought back to help tutor a young quarterback. Central Florida's Blake Bortles, Louisville's Teddy Bridgewater, and Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel are widely viewed as the top three quarterback prospects. Jan. 31 - 1:25 pm et

=================================================================================================

Full Definition of PLAGIARIZE
<div>transitive verb

<div>:  to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own :  use (another's production) without crediting the source

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/plagiarize

</div>

</div>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Not really.  There are rules.  Try reading them. 

Who cares? Move on

Quote: 

It wasn't just the quote from Khan.   It was the entire post that was copied and pasted from another source. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerp...693&spln=1

===============================================================================================

"Everybody knows we're going to draft a quarterback - maybe two," Khan said. The Jaguars hold the No. 3 pick in May's draft and very possibly could get their choice of the group, considering the Texans could take Jadeveon Clowney and the Rams don't appear to be in the market for a signal caller. Chad Henne is a free agent, and Blaine Gabbert's time has likely run up in Jacksonville. Henne could be brought back to help tutor a young quarterback. Central Florida's Blake Bortles, Louisville's Teddy Bridgewater, and Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel are widely viewed as the top three quarterback prospects. Jan. 31 - 1:25 pm et

=================================================================================================

<div>Full Definition of PLAGIARIZE
<div>transitive verb

<div>:  to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own :  use (another's production) without crediting the source

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/plagiarize

</div>

</div>

</div>

I find it incredibly strange you're making such a big deal out of this, move on.

Quote:I find it incredibly strange you're making such a big deal out of this, move on.

I made the point, several people wanted to argue about it, so I did.   That's all.   Not a big deal, just don't do it any more. 

Quote:I made the point, several people wanted to argue about it, so I did.   That's all.   Not a big deal, just don't do it any more. 

Ok dad.

Teddy Bridge round 1

Connor Shaw round 6
Shock the world

Quote:It wasn't just the quote from Khan.   It was the entire post that was copied and pasted from another source. 

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=9320&line=282693&spln=1'>http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=9320&line=282693&spln=1</a>

transitive verb

:  to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own :  use (another's production) without crediting the source

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/plagiarize'>http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/plagiarize</a>

Typically, plagiarism controversies arise in academic settings, however, this appears to be a textbook example of it, though I doubt any real attempt to deceive was intended by the op. I think it more a case of a perception of relaxed standards in an informal and casual forum, despite rules prohibiting it.

I always try to err on the side of caution in these things. To the extent I post an idea or article not my own, I try to at least state its origin, if not an actual link.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:It wasn't just the quote from Khan.   It was the entire post that was copied and pasted from another source. 

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=9320&line=282693&spln=1'>http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=9320&line=282693&spln=1</a>

transitive verb

:  to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own :  use (another's production) without crediting the source

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/plagiarize'>http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/plagiarize</a>

Ok, so I see it was copy and pasted, I still don't think his intentions were to pawn it off as his work. He was merely just letting us know what he found online. Not a big deal. It's not like when hero tried to pawn off a mock draft as his own.

I made the point, several people wanted to argue about it, so I did. That's all. Not a big deal, just don't do it any more.
Shad Khan - Please click below:

http://www.from-the-heart-feng-shui.com/...curse.html

Quote:I made the point, several people wanted to argue about it, so I did. That's all. Not a big deal, just don't do it any more.
Did you copy and paste this from another poster? Don't you think you should credit that source by posting a link and putting the entire thing in quotes and saying, "I got this from blank."?

Seriously, I hate it when people copy and paste something and act like they wrote it.

Quote:If you didn't write that post, if you just copied and pasted the entire thing from an article you found on the internet, darn right you should cite the source, and put the entire post in quotes.   I'm amazed that anyone would question that.   Good God, you do not just copy and paste someone else's work as if it was your own.  
It was all over the internet. If this message board is where you come to get Jag news, you're behind. No way anyone should have thought that dude was breaking news straight from Khan's mouth,

Quote:Not really.  There are rules.  Try reading them. 
You too Internet bully.

Quote:Did you copy and paste this from another poster? Don't you think you should credit that source by posting a link and putting the entire thing in quotes and saying, "I got this from blank."?

Seriously, I hate it when people copy and paste something and act like they wrote it.
Either that or POnca and ytram (Marty) are the same guy, which is a clear violation of the board rules that are hidden in some obscure post on a forum no one reads.

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:Not really. There are rules. Try reading them.

Like you have any room to talk in regards to this (or any of us for that matter)

On topic..

All talk before the draft needs to be taken with a huge grain of salt. That's obvious. I have no doubts they'll take a QB at some point in the draft. At what point they do it remains to be seen.

Don't make me pull this car over!

Quote: 

<div>

"Everybody knows we're going to draft a quarterback - maybe two," Khan said. The Jaguars hold the No. 3 pick in May's draft and very possibly could get their choice of the group, considering the Texans could take Jadeveon Clowney and the Rams don't appear to be in the market for a signal caller. Chad Henne is a free agent, and Blaine Gabbert's time has likely run up in Jacksonville. Henne could be brought back to help tutor a young quarterback. Central Florida's Blake Bortles, Louisville's Teddy Bridgewater, and Texas A&M's Johnny Manziel are widely viewed as the top three quarterback prospects.

</div>

Did you copy and paste this from another source?   Don't you think you should credit that source by posting a link and putting the entire thing in quotes and saying, "I got this from Rotoworld."?  

Quote:All talk before the draft needs to be taken with a huge grain of salt. That's obvious. I have no doubts they'll take a QB at some point in the draft. At what point they do it remains to be seen.

I agree with you. :thumbsup:

I have doubts that we use the thrird overall pick for a Quarterback, only to have no doubt that we will use the third overall pick on a Quarterback. I can't wait for draft day.

Quote:I heard him talking in his sleep.......he kept mumbling......,Watson.....Watson......Watson

Who is Watson?

Quote:Don't make me pull this car over!

My Father said that. I do not see where you credited him.

Dad?

Marty spelled backwards, mainly it was your delivery. You came off as a donkey hole when it was obvious the poster did not intend to pass it off as his own.

Maybe next time you could say hey buddy, just fyi, when you don't quote something people may take that as your own. Next time you should site the source. I'm sure that wasn't your intention to pass it off as your own, but just keep that in mind when you use someone else's words.

I think we forget sometimes that we are for the most part rooting for the same team.

Quote:Marty spelled backwards, mainly it was your delivery. You came off as a donkey hole when it was obvious the poster did not intend to pass it off as his own.

Maybe next time you could say hey buddy, just fyi, when you don't quote something people may take that as your own. Next time you should site the source. I'm sure that wasn't your intention to pass it off as your own, but just keep that in mind when you use someone else's words.

I think we forget sometimes that we are for the most part rooting for the same team.

The last thing on my mind was someone with way too much time on their hands thinking I was reporting information as if it were my own, btw on the first page of this thread someone asked me for a source which I then replied "Ryan O" as in Ryan O'hallaron. The fact that we're still discussing this boggles my mind.

Bridgewater/Manziel/Brotles- 1st round.

Boyd/Shaw/Fales/Murray/-3rd rd and up.

I like the idea of drafting two QB's.  One of the rookies wins the job while the other rides the bench and competes in practice.