Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What ever happened to John Chick

Quote:This Guy was a good player where did he go
Why? Did Dee Ford remind you of him?

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:When people consider john chick a good player you know you havent had a good pass rusher in a while. 

This is the same board where many people were clamoring for Zach Dysert at QB last year, so.....<grain of salt>

Quote:Why? Did Dee Ford remind you of him?

Exactly!

Quote:This is the same board where many people were clamoring for Zach Dysert at QB last year, so.....<grain of salt>

Because you never clamored for a QB that turned out to be a nobody... <truckload of salt>

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:This is the same board where many people were clamoring for Zach Dysert at QB last year, so.....<grain of salt>

It could be worse. They could've pushed for Mallett. 

Chick is playin for Philly IIRC

I think he was a big reason our D was ranked #6 that one year. When we had our free agents firing on all cylinders, it was pretty scary. Session, Chick, Drew Coleman, Matt Roth all played pretty well.

@OnGuardJax

Quote:It is good to know that even lazy people have a champion for their cause.
You are way overrating googles searching ability if you think it can give a better answer than the board.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:You can google his name and find any information you wanted about him...asking questions here that you can google yourself is frowned upon
Thats really not true. Google doesn't always search well. There is stuff that it doesn't get you good answers for. Knowlegdable people = much better, than loosely associated web engine that is more interested in directing you to ads than finding out what you want.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:When people consider john chick a good player you know you havent had a good pass rusher in a while. 
He had a good motor. He was decent, and he might have been good. His 15 minutes of fame just got cut off too early.

Quote:You are way overrating googles searching ability if you think it can give a better answer than the board.

I'm willing to bet that 95% of the answers to questions on this board come from one of the popular search engines. The answer to the question that is the topic of this thread is a perfect example of how easy it is to research a player's history. You can assume with a reasonable amount of confidence that you have your answer if you cross check the three or four top hits.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

If I remember correctly Chick blew out his knee on Monday night against the Chargers. I think it was Chick... I remember being really aggravated by it because he was getting very good pressure that entire game. The play he got hurt on was an undercut by the lineman. It was a dirty play, from what I saw.

A real shame too because he looked really legit that game...

(This post was last modified: 01-27-2014, 04:25 PM by TravC59.)

Quote:I'm willing to bet that 95% of the answers to questions on this board come from one of the popular search engines. The answer to the question that is the topic of this thread is a perfect example of how easy it is to research a player's history. You can assume with a reasonable amount of confidence that you have your answer if you cross check the three or four top hits.
True story, I am not able to google him because "Chick" is being blocked at work.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:True story, I am not able to google him because "Chick" is being blocked at work.

If ordinary work can block him, he wasn't very good to start with.

Quote:This Guy was a good player where did he go
He went back to his old CFL team the Saskatchewan Roughriders and won the Grey Cup with them this past year.

He had a good year.

Jags 4 Life

Quote:If ordinary work can block him, he wasn't very good to start with.

Okay...that's pretty funny! :thumbsup:

+1 for you!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Breaking news on John Chick: He sports a beard now.  

(thunderous applause)  

Thank you!  Thank you! 

Quote:Thats really not true. Google doesn't always search well. There is stuff that it doesn't get you good answers for. Knowlegdable people = much better, than loosely associated web engine that is more interested in directing you to ads than finding out what you want.
I agree...I was pretty much just trying to make a point about someone saying that asking questions here that you can google instead of asking on this board is laziness. Not the exact words, but I'm not going to hunt the post down to quote it