Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles the clear cut favorite to go #1 according to report

Quote:The last time I remember this level of euphoria coupled with vehemence displayed by Jaguars' fans was prior to the stampede to draft Justin Blackmon.

The last buzz I remember in this town was the Jags / Steelers playoff game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Be prepared for insane amounts of misinformation until the draft.

Very true.  It started the day after the previous draft.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

I would not be surprised, but i think at the end of the day, Teddy goes 1. Bortles needs the most work of the big three. Teddy, Manziel and Bortles. Even though he has the best size. 

Quote:I don't know if you can take Teddy over Clowney. Tough choice.
It's a no-brainer, you take the QB because it's the most important position on the team.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:Pick Manziel. We need to get this city back on board with the Jags. Fans just don't care right now.

Any of these qbs will get the fans on board

Quote:It's a no-brainer, you take the QB because it's the most important position on the team.

I'd prefer to take the elite prospect over the non-elite one.  The BAP.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Never going to happen. I would dance in the streets if it did but i dont see it. I like Bortles but like Teddy and Clowney more
[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

I would love this. It would guarantee us Teddy or Manziela who are my top choices anyway

Quote:I'd prefer to take the elite prospect over the non-elite one.  The BAP.
Sorry, I'm not sold on Clowney.  He's got all the physical skills, but not the the right attitude.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

5 months of this nonsenseSad

Quote:I HIGHLY doubt Bortles will be the 1st pick in the draft...

So much so, that I will leave this board for a year if it were to happen.

Like others have stated, I don't see what is so intriguing about him to make a substantial jump from an "almost nobody" before this college football season to a "surefire #1 draft pick."

That is Bold Enigma.  I think you underestimate Bortles, but I'm not a scout.  With that being said, If Bortles falls to #3, I'd be happy if the Jags drafted him.

60% of the Time...It works everytime...

Quote:That is Bold Enigma.  I think you underestimate Bortles, but I'm not a scout.  With that being said, If Bortles falls to #3, I'd be happy if the Jags drafted him.
There are only 4 players I would be happy with at 3 and in this order.

1. Manziel

2a. Clowney

2b. Bortles

3. Bridgewater

I wouldn't be happy with anyone else if we stay at 3

Quote:There are only 4 players I would be happy with at 3 and in this order.

1. Manziel

2a. Clowney

2b. Bortles

3. Bridgewater

I wouldn't be happy with anyone else if we stay at 3
The only way we don't draft one of them is if we trade down. So expect to be happy

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2014, 02:14 AM by Jinjo.)

I really hope the Texans pick Bortles over Teddy. I just don't see how one could think Bortles is more advanced in any way though. 

I would still love for Bortles to be our pick if Teddys gone. 

Quote:I really hope the Texans pick Bortles over Teddy. I just don't see how one could think Bortles is more advanced in any way though.

I would still love for Bortles to be our pick if Teddys gone.
Maybe they like his size, competition, and deepball more.

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2014, 03:45 AM by Jinjo.)

Quote:Maybe they like his size, competition, and deepball more.

Teddys deep ball isnt good but either is bortles. you dont judge competition, but theyre in the same conference so i dont know what youre trying to say. size is the only thing really.

I have a good amount of respect for Pauline. No one has the perfect crystal mock draft ball, but historically, his is better than many out there. I love his scenario that the Jags have a choice of Bridgewater, Clowney, and Manziel. Unless Caldwell pulls off some veteran starting caliber QB free agent or trade miracle, I don't see how Dave would not select one of these rookie QBs. Clowney would be the slam dunk selection, if the Jags have in place a decent QB. My choice would be Bridgewater, but I could see them taking the higher risk Manziel for his playmaking ability.

Quote:5 months of this nonsenseSad
I know right. No way bortles is no 1 overall give me a break.

Teddy has to add on about 25 pounds for me to feel confident in him as a franchise guy because that 190 pound frame won't last behind a developing O-line

Quote:Teddy has to add on about 25 pounds for me to feel confident in him as a franchise guy because that 190 pound frame won't last behind a developing O-line
I will be surprised if he weighs under 220 at the combine.