Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars' OC Jedd Fisch Finally Making Sense

Quote:Not me, If I had my choice they'd both be history. You can get by with Henne as a backup, but I'd like a better backup if possible. To me Henne represents the same losing culture that we're supposedly trying to get rid of. As does Gabbert for that matter.
True

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I know a certain poster that represents a losing culture as well...... 

Pretty much.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:You really want us to tank for Jameis don't you? We get it, you're in love. I will never watch another game where Gabbert is starting. They're trying to hype Gabbert up as not being one of the worst QBs of all time, because they want a conditional 2020 7th rd pick for Gabbert.
But what if they are smarter then you and know more about football and have seen things you have not(like Caldwell told the press). What if They Believe what they say and sitting BG was the best thing to mature him and bring him along. What if the rate out all the QBs in the draft with thier own rating system and Rate BG with same system and he rates higher? As of right now BG is your #1 QB on the roster and if they do draft a QB there is no gaurantee he will be ready by opening day and if henne gets picked up somwhere else BG will be starting the season.

We went after Leftwich, causing us to pass on Roethlisberger a year later... so I can see where taking a QB for the sake of taking one can give us false hope yet again.  We can't be shy of taking another QB next year even if we pick up one early this year (especially if we have another bad season anyway and are within striking distance of Winston.)  Go for it and let the chips fall where they may.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:But what if they are smarter then you and know more about football and have seen things you have not(like Caldwell told the press). What if They Believe what they say and sitting BG was the best thing to mature him and bring him along. What if the rate out all the QBs in the draft with thier own rating system and Rate BG with same system and he rates higher? As of right now BG is your #1 QB on the roster and if they do draft a QB there is no gaurantee he will be ready by opening day and if henne gets picked up somwhere else BG will be starting the season.
What if I tell you...this is all just a dream?

Quote:What if I tell you...this is all just a dream?
Then i would take the blue pill. :teehee:

You can't coach courage and poise in the pocket.

Blaine will lead us to the promised land. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

OT: I don't care who's starting next year, just please be someone who can play at a good-high level.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2014, 11:10 AM by JAGFAN88.)

Quote:You can't coach courage and poise in the pocket.
You can coach anything with the proper amount of Electrical Current. :teehee:

A kid takes his first at bat in little leauge, Gets hit with first pitch. Now hes scared to get in batters box. does that mean you just give up and tell him to quite baseball or do you teach him courage and as he matures developes poise in the batters box. IT is not somthing that is not coachable or able to be learned. SMH

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2014, 11:26 AM by JagsFan-32.)

Quote:You can coach anything with the proper amount of Electrical Current. :teehee:

A kid takes his first at bat in little leauge, Gets hit with first pitch. Now hes scared to get in batters box. does that mean you just give up and tell him to quite baseball or do you teach him courage and as he matures developes poise in the batters box. IT is not somthing that is not coachable or able to be learned. SMH
He's not a kid.  He's been in the league for a couple of years. He played Division 1 college.  Every season the lack of poise in the pocket is evident.  Henne has substantial more poise and courage in the pocket than Gabbert.  Even a non football fan can see that.  All my years of watching NFL football, I've never seen a rookie have more lack of poise and courage than Gabbert.  I've never seen a rookie do a chuck and duck, get rattled when pass rushers flash at him, bail out of play so quickly because the pocket appeared to be collapsing to him and run to the left and right for his life.

What is it with this Blaine Gabbert obsession that JAGFAN88 and Thunderkitty can't get over?  I thought that when Oklahomie gave up believing in Gabbert, everyone else was done by then.

(This post was last modified: 01-09-2014, 03:35 PM by Doc Holliday904.)

I commend Blaine for being a professional his best bet if he wanted to be successful would be to go else where with a fresh start.

Quote:You can coach anything with the proper amount of Electrical Current. :teehee:

But thats not realistic to Blaines situation. It wasnt his first play of peewee football he was a grown man when he stepped onto the field after playing on the top level of college ball on a relatively big team.

Blaine will never have the composure in the pocket needed to stand in play after play with pass rushers clawing at you trying to kill you he simply cracks and has shown zero sign of that changing.

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2014, 07:39 AM by Jungle Cat.)

Quote:No, I think YOU don't know very much about football. Our offensive line isn't even close to being the worst. There is no reason to spend 2 first round picks in a row on offensive lineman with a good group of guys coming out in F/A and a deep tackle draft class. Especially when you have glaring holes at almost every position on the defense.

Blaine Gabbert is a bust. And I'm not a Gator fan. 

Tommy can you hear me?

You take the elite player regardless of what position he plays.

Skip the lip service that Caldwell is going to sign an elite offensive tackle to make a matching set. Ain't gonna happen for a number of reasons.

A free agent offensive tackle costs three or four times more than drafting the elite tackle prospect.

It's farcical to throw out the notion that an elite tackle will unflinchingly sign on here as a free agent. He's going to take a look at his competition for the left tackle spot and jump at the chance to compete against Luke Joeckel? Even with the prospect that Luke will have a time coming off a severe ankle injury ending his season, he's elite competition for any other tackle.

Then the potential free agent has to consider he will face the likes of J.J. Watt and Robert Mathis twice a year.

Caldwell needs to put his money where his mouth is before the draft, or select a second elite offensive tackle at number three over-all.

Let's review last season...

Philadelphia already had Jason Peters. They drafted Lane Johnson at 4. Kansas City already had Branden Albert. They drafted Eric Fisher at 1. Our own Jaguars had at least a veteran left tackle in Eugene Monroe. We drafted Luke Joeckel at 2.

Three of the first four pick last season were designated offensive RIGHT tackles, but each was considered to be arguable elite, franchise tackles starting from day one. At this point of the scouting process for the 2014 NFL Draft the elite label aptly applies to one, possibly two offensive tackles.

Why turn the nose up at a second, elite, franchise offensive lineman...the consensus best player in college football?

This year's draft class of offensive tackles is top-heavy. Apart from two fairly sure elite football players, there's four possible tackles of franchise quality and it is impossible to forecast any will be left. More likely all will be gone before the first round is over and the draft reaches pick 39. 

The talk about how useful it was to draft Tony Boselli conveniently omits Leon Searcy.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2014, 09:13 AM by Jungle Cat.)

Quote:You can't coach courage and poise in the pocket.

Apparently, we can't coach quarterbacks period. We know how to kill them though.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2014, 07:53 AM by Jungle Cat.)

Quote:He's not a kid.  He's been in the league for a couple of years. He played Division 1 college.  Every season the lack of poise in the pocket is evident.  Henne has substantial more poise and courage in the pocket than Gabbert.  Even a non football fan can see that.  All my years of watching NFL football, I've never seen a rookie have more lack of poise and courage than Gabbert.  I've never seen a rookie do a chuck and duck, get rattled when pass rushers flash at him, bail out of play so quickly because the pocket appeared to be collapsing to him and run to the left and right for his life.

The weakest link is only as strong as the rest of the chain.

Just smells like smoke to me..

Quote: 

The Jaguars should decline to over-draft any of the clearly NON-elite quarterbacks in the 2014 NFL Draft and instead should focus on securing one of several elite offensive tackles.

Should have put this first and saved me the time of reading.  That's a minute wasted that I'll never get back.