Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
When do stadium upgrades begin?

Quote:I too have no desire to see the North Florida Seals floating around the pools in swimsuits two sizes too small.

Your post reminded me of a particularly seedy adult entertainment establishment on McDuff Avenue that featured so many plus-sized "dancers" we dubbed it Manatee City.

Still, $2 pitchers were hard to pass up, no matter how bad the view.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I wonder what is to become of the seats being removed? I would love to have a seat from Everbank Field-JMS-Alltel Stadium.
This will age me and I'll bet there are people that have no idea what this means without Google.

I have a seat bottom from Connie Mack Stadium and a chunk of the Goldenberg's Peanut Chews sign that made up a large portion of the left field wall.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Your post reminded me of a particularly seedy adult entertainment establishment on McDuff Avenue that featured so many plus-sized "dancers" we dubbed it Manatee City.

Still, $2 pitchers were hard to pass up, no matter how bad the view.

Oh, God, you went to that place?   It's been there forever.   I have to say, back in the day, when I went to those places, I never went in there.   It looked a little too scary for me.  

Noticed this in the o-zone the other day....

Quote: 

John: Work actually began shortly after the season. It’s ongoing now and it will be more and more noticeable to those driving past the stadium in the coming weeks and months. It will be done before the season. That’s the goal, and whatever the timeframe and whatever the obstacles, these things have a way of somehow getting done.

Quote:Noticed this in the o-zone the other day....

Done before the season begins I assume.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

A pool would result in too many drownings knowing our luck. Can't even give out free drinks without protests

Quote:Oh, God, you went to that place?   It's been there forever.   I have to say, back in the day, when I went to those places, I never went in there.   It looked a little too scary for me.  

I first went in there when it was called The Hot Box Lounge, spent way too much time there when it was called The Green Door.and even stopped in from time to time after the name was changed to Cinderella's. Cheap beer and pool tables were all it took to lure me in. I have a lot of great stories about that place, none of which can be shared here.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

"Action News spotted crews doing prep work for the giant video scoreboards that will go into the end zones at EverBank Field.

The scoreboards will measure 55 by 301 feet, the largest in the world, according to the Jaguars."

A scoreboard as long as the field?...that's huge! More room for ads = mo' money....

Whether they are swimming pools or "water features"....it's just goling to be too tempting for some people.

what do you do with a "streaker" in the pool? :woot: 

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:I was told by a stadium official just last night that they will indeed be swimming pools and cabanas. People will be able to rent them for group events. One side of the swimming pool will be glassed in so people under water will be visible.

How many tequila shots will it take before a bikini top "accidentally" comes off diving in?

Regards...............the Chiefjag
this is what i was pretty much told last night. i was also told there would be a couple of waterfalls

Quote:I don't think it's a "swimming pool" as most think, but more so just a water feature like a fountain or something similar. Don't think a pool would go down well.

That goes against everything which was initially said, though.

Lamping, etc were all describing it as a ‘swimming pool’.  Shad specifically joked about how, if someone made him a decent offer, he’d be happy to vacate his owner’s box and move down to sit in the pool “with my swimming trunks”.

Can you guys point to where the Jaguars have started referring to it as a ‘water feature’ and not a pool?  Until I hear otherwise, I’m banking on it being an honest to goodness pool.  I’ll be packing my board shorts for my 2015 Jacksonville visit. :thumbsup:

;
"Help is not on the way." - Vic Ketchman

(This post was last modified: 01-28-2014, 11:17 PM by the Chiefjag.)

Quote:That goes against everything which was initially said, though.

Lamping, etc were all describing it as a ‘swimming pool’.  Shad specifically joked about how, if someone made him a decent offer, he’d be happy to vacate his owner’s box and move down to sit in the pool “with my swimming trunks”.

Can you guys point to where the Jaguars have started referring to it as a ‘water feature’ and not a pool?  Until I hear otherwise, I’m banking on it being an honest to goodness pool.  I’ll be packing my board shorts for my 2015 Jacksonville visit. :thumbsup:
It's definitely a pool or pools. However, they are only available for group rental, not for the general public to use.

Quote:It's definitely a pool or pools. However, they are only available for group rental, not for the general public to use.

If what you are saying is true, it is actually a compromise I can live with...don't think it would be a good idea to open it up to the general public.  If anything they can "stock the pond" with "ringers".

60% of the Time...It works everytime...

Will the new scoreboard be done before the season starts also?

Yes...

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:It's definitely a pool or pools. However, they are only available for group rental, not for the general public to use.

Quote:If what you are saying is true, it is actually a compromise I can live with...don't think it would be a good idea to open it up to the general public.  If anything they can "stock the pond" with "ringers".

Yeah, that does sound like a good way to handle it.  People can use the pool only by booking ahead as a group.  That will greatly limit the chances of lone drunken idiots jumping in, creating a hassle, peeing in the water etc. ; )

;
"Help is not on the way." - Vic Ketchman

Quote:One thing I notice though is in most stadiums, there is limited end zone seating. In Pittsburgh, there are barely any seats at all in the end zone.
They are actually putting seats in those end zone this offseason.

Quote:Yeah, that does sound like a good way to handle it. People can use the pool only by booking ahead as a group. That will greatly limit the chances of lone drunken idiots jumping in, creating a hassle, peeing in the water etc. ; )
I know this is the way the run it for Arizona D-backs baseball games. Available for group outings.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Had there been a pool installed THIS season, I fear multiple Jags fans would have drowned themselves by week 8. 

Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:Had there been a pool installed THIS season, I fear multiple Jags fans would have drowned themselves by week 8.
they will have a sign over the pool? Suicide Pool?

To those who seats are affected by the new scoreboards, has anyone received any letters yet on the relocation process?

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.