Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pro Bowl rosters announced, Jags shunned

Quote:Poz is a good player, lot of those tackles are open field tackles, that being said, can't take away from a good season, don't call someone an idiot for stating his opinion, he was not chosen.

Exactly what good LB's do. Open field tackles are the hardest to make especially against rb's and wr's.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Calling him an idiot for his opinion, go away and shut up. It's his opinion
Are you new around here? This isn't his first stupid post. His opinion is ignorant and almost always is. 

[Image: c95a397b9042c8087726f046c6f98c39.png]

[Image: 605051f140185931849b78b219702b6a.png]

You're telling me Willis had a better year than Poz?

If anyone on the team should be going to Hawaii or if there is any kind of "snub" it is Scobee.  His only two misses this season have been a blocked kick and a miss from 60 yards.  Every other kick that he made was pretty much "down the middle".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:If anyone on the team should be going to Hawaii or if there is any kind of "snub" it is Scobee.  His only two misses this season have been a blocked kick and a miss from 60 yards.  Every other kick that he made was pretty much "down the middle".

Both Tucker and Prater hit kicks past 61 yards, and Prater set a record for longest FG ever.. while I do think Scobee had one hell of a year, the guys who made it clearly had better years. 

As for Poz, you can make the argument statistically he had as good a year as anyone else. 

The Pro Bowl game should be eliminated all together anyway. It's not what is started out to be and the game is a competition farce.

Players alone should make the selections. They know who they competed against and who had the best season. Then there should be an awards ceremony with highlights with each player getting a nice check.

The proceeds from broadcasting the ceremony should finance the payouts.

Regards.................the Chiefjag

Quote:This is stupid. 

So if a guy racks up a crapload of tackles 4 & 5 yards downfield (which is what Poz has done a lot of this season) then he deserves a pro bowl???

Our defense sucked this year. No one is deserving of a pro bowl from it. No one. Not even close, really. 

So a sophisticated fan looks for reasons for one of his players not to make the Pro Bowl.  I see. 

I'm curious, what's he supposed to do?  Not tackle guys 4 and 5 yards downfield.  I suppose that would be better.

Gosh, I wish I was sophisticated.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:The DT;s?? Including the one that just got a contract extension/ raise? lolz.

Poz was practically a 2 down LB at times over the past 2 seasons. He's not terrible, and makes plays at times, but he's nowhere near worth a PB berth or worthy of his salary.

This fanbase has issues with overrating a lot of its own players. I guess thats probably an issue with a lot of fanbases, but its annoying nonetheless.

2 down LBer? Seriously?

Jesus, man do you even watch Jags games?

What a joke.

Poz isn't popular enough to warrent a pro-bowl nod.. Willis is part of the cool crowd.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Willis did not have a statistically better season than poz. It was close close though and you have to give the edge to the player who played on the better defense. While I believe a better selection could have been made rather than Willis, but truth is he did anchor one of the best defenses in the league.

Quote:This is stupid. 

So if a guy racks up a crapload of tackles 4 & 5 yards downfield (which is what Poz has done a lot of this season) then he deserves a pro bowl???

Our defense sucked this year. No one is deserving of a pro bowl from it. No one. Not even close, really. 
This is ridiculous, TMD. Anyone that watched Poz this year saw that he was in on nearly every play. He was the lone consistent player throughout the year. He didn't have bad games. He was all of the field. You keep saying how he doesn't deserve it, but you have said why he doesn't deserve it. 

Quote:Poz was practically a 2 down LB at times over the past 2 seasons. 

This is how we know you don't watch the Jaguars as consistently as you'd like us to think.

That's bull crap about Scobee, but in the pro bowl's defense I would assume he's not very high on the list of "most pts" due of course to our anemic offense.

Quote:Just because someone leads the league in punting does not make them a pro-bowler.
Yeah, it kinda does. 

Now, if you're talking about the Popularity Bowl, that's another story.   4-11 with a small market team, Anger could put the ball into orbit and still not get in.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:More concerned over no Daryl Smith
Smith and Monroe will have as many playoff games as a Raven as a Jag this season..   Ravens paid Smith big money and they got Monroe as a rental for draft choices...  

Quote:Smith and Monroe will have as many playoff games as a Raven as a Jag this season.. Ravens paid Smith big money and they got Monroe as a rental for draft choices...

The Ravens didn't pay much for Smith I remember because many were upset the Jags didn't resign him at the price the Ravens got him for.

Quote:We already knew you were an idiot, but saying Poz doesn't deserve it just confirmed that. He by far had a better year than Willis and Burfict who made it..

Poz had a better year than Willis, I agree. Burfict was a beast this year, much better than Poz IMO.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2013, 01:18 PM by The Mad Dog.)

People whining about Willis making the pro bowl and Poz not, are likely the same people that championed Carnell Lake's pro bowl berth while as a Jag in 1999. 

Some make it on reputation. This isn't news. 

I REMEMEBER BACK IN HIGH SCHOOL WHEN THE PRETTY GIRL WOULD GET VOTED IN AS THE CLASS PRESIDENT AND THE EXTENT OF SENIOR ACTIVITIES INCLUDED, CAR WASH WITH ALL DUDES AND BAKE SALE WITH DRY CAKES AND HARD COOKIES..... NOWHERE IN THE CLASS PLANS WAS THE HOT CHICK DANCING IN A BIKINI AND DATING EVERY GUY THAT VOTED FOR HER...

DITCH THE PROBOWL!!!!!

IT'S GARBAGE AND I WOULD WATCH MIDDLE TENNESSSEE STATE IN A BOWL GAME BEFORE I WOULD WATCH THE PROBOWL.... Wooooo!!!!!

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:2 down LBer? Seriously?

Jesus, man do you even watch Jags games?

What a joke.

We know the answer. But he gets the attention on this board he craves.

;

;

Quote:People whining about Willis making the pro bowl and Poz not, are likely the same people that championed Carnell Lake's pro bowl berth while as a Jag in 1999. 

Some make it on reputation. This isn't news. 

You mustn't remember 1999 as I remember it. EVERYONE knew Lake went on nothing more that reputation and experience.