Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
jags agree to new 4 year deal with Marks

Quote: 

uhhmmm......where was that thread again about fans from the northeast cities compared to their southern bretheren?? :whistling:
Probably somewhere close to that thread that some clown was talking about how a players name didn't sound like a football player should. Talk about laughable.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:In the last 4 decades theres only been 5 what I would call "dynasties"....the Patriots, Cowboys, Niners, Redskins, Steelers

3 SB WINS in a decade would qualify. 

Saying at this juncture that Caldwell is "building a dynasty" based off of what we have seen so far is beyond laughable even for some of our homers. 

I never said I expect the Jaguars to become a dynasty in the near future.

I Love this signing. He must be from Missouri because he definately showed that he's well equipted to produce...

Great job for both Caldwell and Marks...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Great move.

;

;

Quote:I think Caldwell said he wants to retain MJD. However, he never recovered his pre-injury form, so I think he has permanent damage in his foot and would be a backup if we could draft a running back in 2014.

Both sides expressed interest in MJD returning to the Jaguars. MoJo's stance remains that he outplayed his contract but his past two seasons say otherwise. If MoJo does return he'll continue to be the starter until someone surplants him...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Both sides expressed interest in MJD returning to the Jaguars. MoJo's stance remains that he outplayed his contract but his past two seasons say otherwise. If MoJo does return he'll continue to be the starter until someone surplants him...

NH3...
MJD had the 6th highest base salary of all NFL RBs this year. http://www.spotrac.com/rankings/nfl/running-back/

Which I think is ridiculous. Higher than Shady McCoy and Jamal Charles, combined. (Again, just talking BASE salary)

I think he's worth about 3 mil over the next two seasons (1.5 each, with maybe 1/4 total guaranteed) to let him finish out his career in Jax. Anything more is silly..

nice, we cut Micey and gave the money to Marks

MJD needs the Jaguars more than the Jaguars need him. He's easily replaceable at this point in his career. Look at St Louis. Steven Jackson to Zac Stacy and no drop off.

;

;

Well earned. I like this news. 

I like the resigning.  Maybe I'm the devil's advocate in the room, but I thought he was slightly overpaid.  I would think 4 million per year would be fair considering the defensive line talent in free agency and the draft.  I'll be happy if, when the contract details come out, his contract is heavily front-loaded.

Nice FA philosophy... signing young, hungry, full of potential kind of FAs and let them prove themselves on our team before giving them a ton of money. 

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Good initial signing, good season, and fair (to both sides) contract extension. 

More of the above type of roster adds and this team will be on top before too long. 

^This

Marks was a solid signing by Caldwell and the deal appears initially good for both sides.  This is the type of signing that Caldwell preached from day 1 (and continues to do so) with the level B and C free agents.  If you can sign those level of guys in free agency and have one or two of them pan out as Marks has that greatly helps your roster.  Good signing by Caldwell and I hope that Marks continues to play well, he's a good football player.  We're finally washing that tack stink off him.

Quote:I can't help but think if that was Gene Smith the contract extension off of the one good year would have been like 6 years, 36 MIL, 12 guaranteed.....or something like that.

Good to see some fiscal intelligence. The deal is fair to both sides.
Lol probably

Quote:Nice FA philosophy... signing young, hungry, full of potential kind of FAs and let them prove themselves on our team before giving them a ton of money. 

If only Gene Smith knew there is such a thing as a "prove it" contract.

Quote:uhhmmm......where was that thread again about fans from the northeast cities compared to their southern bretheren?? :whistling:
So one fan speaks for everyone.

Jerk.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

[Image: 82700-america-%5BBLEEP%5D-yeah-gif-Colbert-BnrR.gif]

Quote:uhhmmm......where was that thread again about fans from the northeast cities compared to their southern bretheren?? :whistling:
If you're trying to prove a point about intelligence, at least try to spell correctly. :whistling:

Most of us have speculated about Marks being retained and it looks like this contract falls in the range we discussed 5 or 6 weeks ago.  

Caldwell continues to give me reason to feel good about the future of  the Jaguars.    

Interesting Marks stats:

Quote: He had the second-highest grade on the defense according to Pro Football Focus, and was consistently effective as an interior pass rusher, registering four sacks, 11 quarterback hits and 24 hurries. He also batted down a team high seven passes.

8 million guaranteed according to USA Today. 

Average of over 5 million a year though? A little steep but w/e.Glad he's gonna be around for a while. Any body have the details of what Minceys contract was? Just so I can compare.