Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Marcedes Lewis

Fool me once, shame on you.....fool me twice shame on me.

Fool me 3 or more times, and you might be a Jaguars fan. Ninja 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

A lot of people seem to forget Marcedes was also playing right tackle last few years. 

"If they teachin' how to Dougie, I'm condoning dropping out."

Quote:Fool me once, shame on you.....fool me twice shame on me.

Fool me 3 or more times, and you might be a Jaguars fan. Ninja

As predictable as sunrise.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:As predictable as sunrise.
Haha TMD is so mad Marcedes is playing good.

" But but but im so smart and perceptive!"

(This post was last modified: 12-25-2013, 05:42 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:As predictable as sunrise.

The only thing "predictable" is people getting fooled on here every time Marcedes has a quasi good stretch of games. 

Quote:Haha TMD is so mad Marcedes is playing good.

" But but but im so smart and perceptive!"

Not mad that Marcedes is playing well......mad that it never sustains. (well, until its a contract/ money issue, then it sustains, selfishly) Mad that so many Jags fans are so gullible and just forget all of the inconsistent play he showed the last X number of YEARS after every couple game stretch of positive play from the guy. 

(This post was last modified: 12-25-2013, 05:57 PM by Joe.)

Quote:The only thing "predictable" is people getting fooled on here every time Marcedes has a quasi good stretch of games.

Not mad that Marcedes is playing well......mad that it never sustains. (well, until its a contract/ money issue, then it sustains, selfishly) Mad that so many Jags fans are so gullible and just forget all of the inconsistent play he showed the last X number of YEARS after every couple game stretch of positive play from the guy.
It sounds more like you are afraid that Marcedes is going to prove you wrong ( as he currently is doing... shocker ) and the only defense you have is to predict the future and say that he wont sustain his play, because you are after all, the smartest and most perceptive person in the room.

Yea.... ill go with that.

Quote:It sounds more like you are afraid that Marcedes might prove you wrong ( as he currently is doing... shocker ) and the only defense you have is to predict the future and say that he wont sustain his play, because you are after all, the smartest and most perceptive person in the room.

Yea.... ill go with that.

lolzcopterrofl....

so YEARS of inconsistent play is trumped by a few games of solid, consistent play then, according to the above logic. 

Whats to be afraid of, we've seen this act from Marcedes before and now he's approaching the end of his prime. You Marcedes lovers are a goofy lot. 

Step1  -  Hyperbolize the crap out of a player's poor performance however temporary it may be and deem him worthless

Step 2 -  when said player rebounds - insult entire fan base  for not agreeing with your initial lazy, knee-jerk analysis

...seems legit. 

Quote:lolzcopterrofl....

so YEARS of inconsistent play is trumped by a few games of solid, consistent play then, according to the above logic.

Whats to be afraid of, we've seen this act from Marcedes before and now he's approaching the end of his prime. You Marcedes lovers are a goofy lot.
Please dont call anyone goofy in the same post you use " lolzcopterrofl ", you sound like a preteen before a Justin Bieber concert.

Quote:lolzcopterrofl....

For a self proclaimed "hard core" fan, and after many years of reading this board, you hate A LOT lol.

Quote:Step1  -  Hyperbolize the crap out of a player's poor performance however temporary it may be and deem him worthless

Step 2 -  when said player rebounds - insult entire fan base  for not agreeing with your initial lazy, knee-jerk analysis

...seems legit. 

"temporary"??? if anything was TEMPORARY it was Marcedes good play. He's had one friggin outlier quality season surrounded by eight average ones. 

You Marcedes luvers are bizarre. 

Quote:For a self proclaimed "hard core" fan, and after many years of reading this board, you hate A LOT lol.

....Only the players that deserve it. 

You've never heard me utter a single bad word about Fred, Jimmy (even though could have), Blackmon (see Jimmy), Brackens, McCardell, Mathis, and on and on. 

Players that are truly legit, I won't ever say a bad word about. Or "hate" on. 

Quote:"temporary"??? if anything was TEMPORARY it was Marcedes good play. He's had one friggin outlier quality season surrounded by eight average ones. 

You Marcedes luvers are bizarre. 

Yeah, since we are all saying keep Marcedes at all costs, we must be Marcedes "luvers".

Oh, wait, nobody said anything like that.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Marcedes isn't a superstar, but you could do a lot worse. He can be a weapon if you put him in the right situation with proper play-calling. Jedd has done a nice job of that and both he and Marcedes should get a lot of credit for the turnaround.
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

I hope we can get him to renegotiate his contract because Marcedes has been a big part of our team. It goes unnoticed because he's been playing on our o-line forever.

Quote:Marcedes isn't a superstar, but you could do a lot worse. He can be a weapon if you put him in the right situation with proper play-calling. Jedd has done a nice job of that and both he and Marcedes should get a lot of credit for the turnaround.

what turnaround?

Quote:what turnaround?

From little to no impact to a major part of our offense, catching a TD the last four games....
LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:From little to no impact to a major part of our offense, catching a TD the last four games....

sounds Reggie Williams-ish

Quote:sounds Reggie Williams-ish

Yeah, I think he was the last Jaguar to have 4 straight games with recieving TD's. much like Reggie, he could be productive if you made an effort to involve him and called plays that tailored to his talents.

I'm indifferent on Marcedes.  I think his play has improved ....of late but only a short stretch.  I think it has been he has had some pretty spectacular catches that he wouldn't "normally" make.

If he stays he stays if he goes he goes...pretty laize fairre(spelling) for me.  He blocks above average as a receiver he is "normally maybe" average and usually average at best.....AND rarely extraoirdinary. 

I see both sides of the argument and to me if he stays he needs to renogotiate.