Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bridgewater or Kirk Cousins

Quote:I see a lot of assumptions being made about what or what not Cousins is... in reality none of you have any idea what the guy can accomplish. He is very talented. much more so than Chad Henne so please enough with that garbage.. Be kicking ourselves for years if he ends up on a AFC roster in the Playoffs year after year..

Let me see if I have this straight - you chastise people for making assumptions, with nothing to go on, and then you, with nothing to go on, make the assumption that Cousins is very talented, much more so than Henne.

Got it.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Cousins doesn't do it for me for some reason. And why help the Skins out by giving them draft picks that they so desperately need. I want no part of that. I want picks. Then I want more picks. There will still be QB options once we get a pass rusher. O-line comes in FA and the middle of the draft maybe, Cousins couldn't get it done at the end and neither could Henne.

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2013, 03:36 PM by Bee Yamz.)

Quote:Let me see if I have this straight - you chastise people for making assumptions, with nothing to go on, and then you, with nothing to go on, make the assumption that Cousins is very talented, much more so than Henne.

Got it.
Talent isn't an assumption lol Its a measurable.. and I guarantee you will not find one scout of player personnel in the NFL who would disagree with that statement. Cousins has bigger arm, better accuracy,but that doesn't always translate into a great career, but the fact you can watch 5games and say the kid will never win a super bowl is just absurd. 

Trent Dilfer has a super bowl ring.

Quote:Let me see if I have this straight - you chastise people for making assumptions, with nothing to go on, and then you, with nothing to go on, make the assumption that Cousins is very talented, much more so than Henne.

Got it.

You beat me too it.

The guy made assumption after assumption in the that rant-like post. He pretends like Cousins is proven, or something. The statement that "Kirk cousins led the Redskins to the playoffs last year" is a bit misleading. The final three games of the season:

The Browns lost to the Falcons. Kirk Cousins had 9 pass attempts, 2 INTs, and 1 TD.

The Browns beat the Ravens. Kirk Cousins had 2 pass attempts, 1 TD.

The only game I'd really say Kirk Cousins "won" for the Redskins last year was vs the Browns. 1 INT, 2 TDs.

So in the final 3 games of 2012, where Cousins supposebly built a superior resume to Flynn, the QB had 4 TDs an 3 INTs.

Then, in the playoffs, Cousins went 3 for 10 for 31 yards 0 TDs, 0 INTs.

It isn't like Cousins had some sort of breakout year. Then fast forwawd to this season. Cousins has more turnovers (4) than touchdowns (3). His QB rating is 70.4. He looked terrible against the two good teams he played and looked average against the worst pass defense in the NFL.

Trading a 2nd round pick for this week armed, game-manager-at-best QB is not something I want to see happen.

Quote:Talent isn't an assumption lol Its a measurable.. and I guarantee you will not find one scout of player personnel in the NFL who would disagree with that statement. Cousins has bigger arm, better accuracy,but that doesn't always translate into a great career, but the fact you can watch 5games and say the kid will never win a super bowl is just absurd. 

Trent Dilfer has a super bowl ring.

Cousins does not have a bigger arm than Henne (and I know how weak Henne's arm is). Trent Dilfer > Cousins and it's not that close.

LOL... Cousins absolutely has a bigger arm than Chad Henne. Not even close.. and listen, I'm not putting Kirk Cousins on a a silver plate as the savior for the Jaguars. I just don't think writing him off as a sub-standard QB is warranted. Anybody we bring in next year will most likely be an upgrade at the position.. but Drafting a QB is a bigger risk/reward than if the Jags went after Cousins in a trade. I mean look at Gabbert... had all the measurable you could want in a prospect, gets in the pocket and gets happy feet and throws the ball in the dirt. I wouldn't be against it if I heard Khan and Caldwell were taking a serious look at Cousins all I'm saying is the guy is a upgrade from what is on the roster right now.. including Henne.

Its a deep draft class for the QB position, but Birdgewater may be going back to Louisville which would bump everybody up a rang.. 

Quote:You beat me too it.

The guy made assumption after assumption in the that rant-like post. He pretends like Cousins is proven, or something. The statement that "Kirk cousins led the Redskins to the playoffs last year" is a bit misleading. The final three games of the season:

The Browns lost to the Falcons. Kirk Cousins had 9 pass attempts, 2 INTs, and 1 TD.

The Browns beat the Ravens. Kirk Cousins had 2 pass attempts, 1 TD.

The only game I'd really say Kirk Cousins "won" for the Redskins last year was vs the Browns. 1 INT, 2 TDs.

So in the final 3 games of 2012, where Cousins supposebly built a superior resume to Flynn, the QB had 4 TDs an 3 INTs.

Then, in the playoffs, Cousins went 3 for 10 for 31 yards 0 TDs, 0 INTs.

It isn't like Cousins had some sort of breakout year. Then fast forwawd to this season. Cousins has more turnovers (4) than touchdowns (3). His QB rating is 70.4. He looked terrible against the two good teams he played and looked average against the worst pass defense in the NFL.

Trading a 2nd round pick for this week armed, game-manager-at-best QB is not something I want to see happen.
Hes young and without him the Redskins aren't in the playoffs last season, period.

What would you like to see the Jaguars do in the draft?

If we go QB in the draft.. Bridgewater most likely won't be there..   Johny Football or AJ McCarren?

Quote:2 picks and 2 fumbles. Hard pass. I'll keep the 2nd and take Teddy.
My money says, you would say the same thing if he threw 5td/ 0 picks.

I wouldn't have a problem witht that trade if Caldwell thinks he's a candidate. Let's suppose Kirk Cousins was coming out in the draft this year and he was available when we pick in the 2nd round. How many people here would complain if Caldwell selected Cousins with our 2nd round pick?

I know he was selected in the 4th last year but you have to consider he's now made an NFL roster and has NFL experience which carries some value too. So he's proven to be NFL caliber which takes the guessing out of selecting an unknown college kid.

Regards...................the Chiefjag

Quote:I wouldn't have a problem witht that trade if Caldwell thinks he's a candidate. Let's suppose Kirk Cousins was coming out in the draft this year and he was available when we pick in the 2nd round. How many people here would complain if Caldwell selected Cousins with our 2nd round pick?

I know he was selected in the 4th last year but you have to consider he's now made an NFL roster and has NFL experience which carries some value too. So he's proven to be NFL caliber which takes the guessing out of selecting an unknown college kid.

Regards...................the Chiefjag
Fully agree here.

A 2nd RD QB this year is also an unknown.  If Caldwell and Gus see enough on real NFL tape of Cousins to think he's a franchise QB caliber - then I support them going after him.  We will have to spend a pretty high draft pick on a QB anyways.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:My money says, you would say the same thing if he threw 5td/ 0 picks.

Yep. I don't get fooled by backup QB's late season performances. For every Brunell, there are 10 Matt Flynn's

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

We are picking a QB in the 1st or 2nd round.  If the Redskins are willing to deal and Caldwell likes Cousins talent level it could be a good match. Mike Shanahan will be gone so the new staff may want Cousins over RG3.  We will see

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Corn

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2013, 09:23 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Quote:Hes young and without him the Redskins aren't in the playoffs last season, period.

What would you like to see the Jaguars do in the draft?

It's hard to have a discussion with people who make things up.

The Redskins were 8-5 in games that Kirk Cousin didn't play in last year.

The Redskins were 2-2 in games that Kirk Cousins played in last year.

The Redskins were beating Atlanta last year until RGIII got hurt. Cousins came in and they ended up losing..

Kirk Cousins didn't come in and work miracles like you make it seem. He came in and played decent football. Kirk Cousins is a great backup because he is smart and has poise. He does not have the talent to be an above average QB, though. I'm not trading a 2nd round pick for a backup QB.

After seeing what happened with Flynn, Cassal, and Kolb I would pass on Cousins

Quote:After seeing what happened with Flynn, Cassal, and Kolb I would pass on Cousins

Matt Schaub also.

Don't hate Cousins, but I'd rather draft QB with a first and another with the 2nd round pick, just to make sure, than trade it for Cousins.

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2013, 09:59 PM by trunt87.)

Quote:Matt Schaub also.

To put Shaub in the category of Flynn and Kolb is just dumb. 

23,000 yards, 130 touchdowns, and a 90 QB rating. 

Not exactly a scrub in my book.  Not every QB is going to be elite.