Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Americans no longer want to drink these 9 beers

They can kill all those "beers" as far as I care.

I'm just glad New Belgium finally got clearance to sell in Florida. Fat Tire for everyone!

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:In college, Old Milwaukee was the go-to beer.  It actually isn't bad, but I found that it tasted best when it was ice cold.  If you didn't drink it quickly, and it warmed even the slightest bit, the taste of the beer changed and it almost hat that old "skunky beer" flavor. 

I drink Old Milwaukee occasionally as a nostalgia beer. I remember my dad drinking it with his Navy buddies. And I drank it in my younger years. As far as cheap beers go, it's my favorite.

Still my favorite cheap-o is High Life, especially on hot days. My neighbor's dad used to drink that when I was a kid and I remember thinking, even way back then, "Man, that looks refreshing."

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Still my favorite cheap-o is High Life, especially on hot days. My neighbor's dad used to drink that when I was a kid and I remember thinking, even way back then, "Man, that looks refreshing."

High Life is good too..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Still my favorite cheap-o is High Life, especially on hot days. My neighbor's dad used to drink that when I was a kid and I remember thinking, even way back then, "Man, that looks refreshing."

When I first started drinking Miller High Life was my choice of beers.

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Quote:I am not a big beer drinker at all. 3-4 occassions a year, tops.

About 5 or so months ago my wife went to Outback for dinner. They were doing something called a "Beer Flight". The brought you 3, approximately 4-5 ounce glasses of beer to try. I ordered it and I really liked Stella Artois. It's a Belgian beer, pretty smooth I thought and good. I have seen them step up their advertising recently the last month or so. The other two beers were a Sam Adams seasonal beer and Blue Moon, which I have had before with a bit of an orange. Not bad either.
Stella is one of my favourite beers, but it is often referred to as wife beater over here as some believe consuming too much leads to violent outbursts!  

I bought a sixer of Michelob Light a few months ago strictly for nostalgia's sake.  It's still a decent beer as far as domestic light beers are concerned.  

[Image: 358-wife-beatre2.jpg]

Miller High Life is pretty much my regular beer if I just want to mellow out and belch on the cheap.  

There I go again!  Maybe I need a hobby, or something.  

Quote:[Image: 358-wife-beatre2.jpg]

That's awesome.

That's funny, Deacon, I always thought Miller High Life was the most refreshing looking beer- the clear glass, the shape of the bottle, the gold color of the beer and the bubbles sliding on up the side. I confess to buying a 6 pack once a summer and enjoying it.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Quote:Miller High Life is pretty much my regular beer if I just want to mellow out and belch on the cheap.  

I Thought drinking beer WAS your hobby :teehee:

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Quote:I Thought drinking beer WAS your hobby :teehee:

I didn't think so, but I'm starting to reconsider.   Sad

Oh, what the hell.   Banana

It was always a joke (in my crowd) that Milwaukee's Best Lite was the Miller Lite batch that didn't make the cut. Not like they would just throw away an entire batch that failed the final taste test? ...  and Red, White, and Blue was the PBR brand off batch.

Quote:Ever notice that you can buy Coors Light just about anywhere but good luck finding full flavored Coors..

The Banquet Beer is still quite popular in Central California

I do river rafting quite a bit, and I always start the adventure off with a rather large helping of High Life. It's always just made sense.

Quote:The Banquet Beer is still quite popular in Central California

I do river rafting quite a bit, and I always start the adventure off with a rather large helping of High Life. It's always just made sense.
I wonder why it's only sold is certain regions?

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

PBR is by far my fav cheap beer. Yeungling is tops in the next tier. From there it gets varied. 

Speaking of Yeungling, what the hell happened to it being sold in the stadium? It's like a unicorn in the East club...

Sad to see all the Presidente hate...I'm going to the Dominican for a week next month and that's all the beer served at the resort...oh well...more rum!

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:PBR is by far my fav cheap beer. Yeungling is tops in the next tier. From there it gets varied. 

Speaking of Yeungling, what the hell happened to it being sold in the stadium? It's like a unicorn in the East club...

Sad to see all the Presidente hate...I'm going to the Dominican for a week next month and that's all the beer served at the resort...oh well...more rum!

I can only drink PBR if it's at about 34 degrees. Another beer that's pretty popular with the cowboy crowd out here.

Quote:I wonder why it's only sold is certain regions?

Both Coors Original and Budweiser Original in a tall boy can are pretty popular with us Central Ca manual laborers. One tall boy is pretty easy to carry with you out in the field and it gets the job done haha. Every gas station carries them for sure. 

Quote:The Banquet Beer is still quite popular in Central California

Quote:That's funny, Deacon, I always thought Miller High Life was the most refreshing looking beer- the clear glass, the shape of the bottle, the gold color of the beer and the bubbles sliding on up the side. I confess to buying a 6 pack once a summer and enjoying it.

Quote:Miller High Life is pretty much my regular beer if I just want to mellow out and belch on the cheap.  

Quote:When I first started drinking Miller High Life was my choice of beers.

Start living the High Life. Man, now I want one.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!