Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who should be on the first cut list when the offseason begins?

Quote:Why? He's played very well for us and if we can keep him as a backup that would be huge for the team. Not sure why you want him gone. 

Did they redefine the word 'well'?

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If Rackley plays next year I might have a stroke. How he made a college roster let alone an NFL is absurd. We will draft at least two guards or obtain some during free agency. No way he should be any where near a football field.

Anyone expecting them to part ways with Gabbert as soon as the season is over should prepare for disappointment. I am betting they'll be slow to cut many players under contract in 2014 until they see what pans out in the draft or via free agency.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Why? He's played very well for us and if we can keep him as a backup that would be huge for the team. Not sure why you want him gone. 
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Quote:If Rackley plays next year I might have a stroke. How he made a college roster let alone an NFL is absurd. We will draft at least two guards or obtain some during free agency. No way he should be any where near a football field.
Rackley was a 2 time All American at tackle at the FCS level and when he was drafted, was considered in the top 3-4 of guards.  He just won a team award for fighting through injuries and has performed just fine..  Mayock ( for what that's worth) was giving him good comments for his run blocking the other night..  As pointed out, he's still on his rookie contract so let's see... Don't also forget that he was thrown in as a starter as a rookie and missed his entire 2nd season due to injury...    I see him as a long term starter..

Quote:Rackley was a 2 time All American at tackle at the FCS level and when he was drafted, was considered in the top 3-4 of guards.  He just won a team award for fighting through injuries and has performed just fine..  Mayock ( for what that's worth) was giving him good comments for his run blocking the other night..  As pointed out, he's still on his rookie contract so let's see... Don't also forget that he was thrown in as a starter as a rookie and missed his entire 2nd season due to injury...    I see him as a long term starter..

Meester's degraded play has probably impacted that of both guards.  He's clearly done, and I suspect he'll be retiring after this season is over.  Rackley is a guy who is cheap, familiar with the system, and under contract.  If for nothing else, he's strong depth if they're able to replace the entire interior line.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Did they redefine the word 'well'?

Quote:HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I said keep him as a backup, not as a starter. Would you rather have Gabbert as a back up? That's what I thought. I'm always reminded why I don't post on this board often. The ignorance here gives me cancer.

Quote:I said keep him as a backup, not as a starter. Would you rather have Gabbert as a back up? That's what I thought. I'm always reminded why I don't post on this board often. The ignorance here gives me cancer.

You said he played very well.  He really hasn't.  I didn't realize that our only choices were between Henne or Gabbert as backup.  

Quote:You said he played very well.  He really hasn't.  I didn't realize that our only choices were between Henne or Gabbert as backup.  

I said very well as in for a back up QB. 

And what's the point of finding a new back up when we already have a capable one that already has experience in the offense and has proved he is capable of running it? If we can retain him for a good price there is no need to get rid of him.

Really though, stick to college football. It's more for the casual fans like yourself who don't know anything.

Quote:You said he played very well.  He really hasn't.  I didn't realize that our only choices were between Henne or Gabbert as backup.  
The offense has improved with Henne out there.  It may not be dramatic improvement, but it's better now than it was in the first half of the season.  You can still count on Henne to make a few mistakes during the course of a game, but he's definitely an improvement over Gabbert at this point.  I think Blaine's confidence is just shot, and a change of venue will do him some good.  I just don't anticipate them cutting him unless they have replaced him on the roster via free agency with another veteran. 

It wouldn't shock me to see both Henne and Gabbert back for training camp next year along with a new rookie QB.  Caldwell isn't going to hamper things any further buy not having someone on the roster who has real experience, and understands the offensive system here in Jacksonville.  So, I could see them offer Henne a reasonable short term deal that is loaded with incentives. 

Quote:I said keep him as a backup, not as a starter. Would you rather have Gabbert as a back up? That's what I thought. I'm always reminded why I don't post on this board often. The ignorance here gives me cancer.
Yes i would rather have Gabbert as a back up. First henne is a FA and wont sign for the leauge min. will demand more cause he willprobably get from another team. Second Gabbert is already under contract and wont cost us anything to sign and he knows the system and untill we draft a QB or get one through FA, Gabbert will be the best QB we have on the team at the end of the season.

Quote:Meester's degraded play has probably impacted that of both guards. He's clearly done, and I suspect he'll be retiring after this season is over. Rackley is a guy who is cheap, familiar with the system, and under contract. If for nothing else, he's strong depth if they're able to replace the entire interior line.
Am I hallucinating, or did they mention at one time that Rackley might be capable of playing center.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2013, 03:41 PM by Fantasy Guru.)

Quote:Yes i would rather have Gabbert as a back up. First henne is a FA and wont sign for the leauge min. will demand more cause he willprobably get from another team. Second Gabbert is already under contract and wont cost us anything to sign and he knows the system and untill we draft a QB or get one through FA, Gabbert will be the best QB we have on the team at the end of the season.

Another shining example of the ignorance on this board. This team has the most cap space of any team in the league. We can afford to pay Henne a reasonable salary while our franchise QB is drafted/groomed. 

Lol @ thinking we'd keep Gabbert and not Henne. It's time for you to stop posting. 

Quote:Another shining example of the ignorance on this board. This team has the most cap space of any team in the league. We can afford to pay Henne a reasonable salary while our franchise QB is drafted/groomed. 

Lol @ thinking we're keeping Gabbert. 
Lol @ thinkg we're not

Quote:Another shining example of the ignorance on this board.
I love blanket statements.

Quote:I said very well as in for a back up QB. 

And what's the point of finding a new back up when we already have a capable one that already has experience in the offense and has proved he is capable of running it? If we can retain him for a good price there is no need to get rid of him.

Really though, stick to college football. It's more for the casual fans like yourself who don't know anything.

Can't finish your argument without an insult, can you? 

He's not played very well as a back up Quarterback. He's played fair at best.  He doesn't have the yards or the TD:INT Ratio that's desirable from a backup Quarterback. Instead of resorting to insults, how about you try to show how he's played very well?  What you should expect from a backup QB is either a lot of interceptions, but a lot of yards.  Or few interceptions, and not that many yards.  Of course there are the rare occurrences where backup QB's are able to play well, but they either don't stay backups very long, or just aren't quite cut out to be starters.

Quote:The offense has improved with Henne out there.  It may not be dramatic improvement, but it's better now than it was in the first half of the season.  You can still count on Henne to make a few mistakes during the course of a game, but he's definitely an improvement over Gabbert at this point.  I think Blaine's confidence is just shot, and a change of venue will do him some good.  I just don't anticipate them cutting him unless they have replaced him on the roster via free agency with another veteran. 

It wouldn't shock me to see both Henne and Gabbert back for training camp next year along with a new rookie QB.  Caldwell isn't going to hamper things any further buy not having someone on the roster who has real experience, and understands the offensive system here in Jacksonville.  So, I could see them offer Henne a reasonable short term deal that is loaded with incentives. 

It's improved with Henne out there, but it's still one of the worst offenses in the league.  

I think that Henne might get an offer from the Jags, but I'm not sure they keep both Henne and Gabbert past training camp.  I think Caldwell will draft a QB, and maybe even draft two.  I don't think he's going to put all his eggs in one basket.  He might even bring in a veteran free agent if he only drafts one QB.  

Quote:Lol @ thinkg we're not

[Image: Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif]

The only situation in which Gabbert stays is if the team doesn't draft a QB this coming April. Otherwise lol @ thinking we'd keep Gabbert and let Henne walk. But the more you reply the more you prove my point about this board so please, humor me some more so I can lol @ you harder.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2013, 03:53 PM by Fantasy Guru.)

Quote:Can't finish your argument without an insult, can you? 

He's not played very well as a back up Quarterback. He's played fair at best.  He doesn't have the yards or the TD:INT Ratio that's desirable from a backup Quarterback. Instead of resorting to insults, how about you try to show how he's played very well?  What you should expect from a backup QB is either a lot of interceptions, but a lot of yards.  Or few interceptions, and not that many yards.  Of course there are the rare occurrences where backup QB's are able to play well, but they either don't stay backups very long, or just aren't quite cut out to be starters.

[Image: laughing-gif-22zppmz.gif]

Keep going. This is hilarious. 

A wise coach once said "stats are for losers". You're a loser LOL. Why don't you try opening your eyes and watching the games before spreading your cancerous ignorance on this message board please.

Gabbert is doing what he was drafted to do. Hold a clipboard and learn behind a expeiernced QB. Now the questions is, is he learning anything. According to MJD in his interview Thursday night on the set "everyone is getting better Blain is pushing Chad even harder". Everyone on this board said Gabbert needs to play the entire year to see what he can do, there is no way you can determine what he can do from 2.75 games. Even Brady has had 2 or more bad games this year.

Quote:[Image: Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif]

The only situation in which Gabbert stays is if the team doesn't draft a QB this coming April. Otherwise lol @ thinking we'd keep Gabbert and let Henne walk. But the more you reply the more you prove my point about this board so please, humor me some more so I can lol @ you harder.
I find it hilarious that you would question anyone's intelligence when you can't discern between one...or a couple..member(s) and 'the board' which encompasses a few thousand people.

Duh.