Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Auburn vs Florida State: BCS National Championship discussion thread.

Quote:He said that because Auburn beat the #1 team.

But if for some stupid reason Alabama was invited, do you think he would decline it? Probably not.

Definitely not would be my answer to your question.

Having said that, Nick Saban realizes that Alabama isn't going to the National Championship Game this season.  One mega coaching mistake could easily have been the difference in Saban and co. having the opportunity to go for a 3-peat. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Definitely not would be my answer to your question.

Having said that, Nick Saban realizes that Alabama isn't going to the National Championship Game this season.  One mega coaching mistake could easily have been the difference in Saban and co. having the opportunity to go for a 3-peat. 

People are going to debate forever whether it was a coaching mistake or not because of the end result. The truth is if the ball had not sailed wide right, Chris Davis would not have had a chance.

Quote:People are going to debate forever whether it was a coaching mistake or not because of the end result. The truth is if the ball had not sailed wide right, Chris Davis would not have had a chance.

The risk/ reward on the very long FG attempt wasn't favorable for Alabama. The potential for a blocked FG was far greater than on a shorter FG attempt.  A potential run back if the FG was missed was a realistic possibility,  which ended up occurring. 

A much better decision by Nick Saban would have been try for a pass into the end zone. Even if a TD didn't occur,  Defensive Pass Interference might have. With the latter, a much higher % FG attempt could have then be tried.  Saban is a great coach but he demonstrated that he's human. 

My prediction for the game:

Auburn - 34

Florida State - 48

Florida State gets on them early and will get up by 21-24 points and then Auburn will start trading points with them for the rest of the game for the most part but Florida State still wins by 14-17 points.

Quote:The risk/ reward on the very long FG attempt wasn't favorable for Alabama. The potential for a blocked FG was far greater than on a shorter FG attempt.  A potential run back if the FG was missed was a realistic possibility,  which ended up occurring. 

A much better decision by Nick Saban would have been try for a pass into the end zone. Even if a TD didn't occur,  Defensive Pass Interference might have. With the latter, a much higher % FG attempt could have then be tried.  Saban is a great coach but he demonstrated that he's human. 

Great post, and I completely agree with you on this.

Quote:Nice to see I am not the only one.

But I probably am the only one who thinks people are way too quick to assume Auburn will get in. OSU lost by only 10 points and, unlike Auburn, held the opponent to under 40 points.
Lol....osu apologists....seem to forget unranked Michigan put up 40+ on them and handed the game to osu. Play a team ranked 10 and get exposed....the tree nuts had no business being ranked 2 in the first place.
If that RV sales place wants Tebow in Jax bad enough to take out a billboard saying as much.....they should just HIRE him.

OSU's SoS was a JOKE compared to Auburn's.. Auburn deserves to be there..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Even a few of my friends that are osu fans admit msu was the one of the few good teams they played all season. Wisconsin usually being named as the other. 

Quote:Well, after Ohio State's choke-up to Michigan State, it's safe to assume that it will be Auburn and Florida in the big game. Big Ten fans can stop all of the whining and complaining about alleged SEC bias. This was one of the few years where the SEC was vulnerable to losing its BCS title spot and yet, a Big Ten, undefeated Ohio State team, still can't get it done.

Okay now that my short rant is finished, let's focus on the actual game between Auburn and Florida...

My prediction: Florida State-45 Auburn-48 in OT. Should be a heck of a game.
I wouldn't really consider it a choke.  It's just Ohio St. playing their best football against a decent team.  I said earlier this year that they couldn't beat any of the top 10 teams and they couldn't.  They are just not that good.

Quote:OSU's SoS was a JOKE compared to Auburn's.. Auburn deserves to be there..

Except Auburn's only loss came to a 3 loss LSU, while tOSU's only loss came against a 1 loss MSU, who touts the #1 defense in college football. 

I'm just sayin.

Quote:Lol....osu apologists....seem to forget unranked Michigan put up 40+ on them and handed the game to osu. Play a team ranked 10 and get exposed....the tree nuts had no business being ranked 2 in the first place.

Handed them the game?

Until I see everyone admit that Saban and Alabama HANDED the game to Auburn, bad coaching decisions (2pt conversion attempt) shall not be construed as handing the game away. Michigan would never hand tOSU anything. Ever.

Quote:I wouldn't really consider it a choke.  It's just Ohio St. playing their best football against a decent team.  I said earlier this year that they couldn't beat any of the top 10 teams and they couldn't.  They are just not that good.

Ohio State did not play their best football. That being said, I'm not so blind that I can't admit that MSU outplayed, and out-coached tOSU

Quote:Ohio State did not play their best football. That being said, I'm not so blind that I can't admit that MSU outplayed, and out-coached tOSU
I dissagree

Quote:I dissagree

We don't usually shoot ourselves in the foot with dumb penalties. We haven't scored less than 31 pts/game all year. 

We played well in the 2nd quarter, and the beginning of the 3rd, but that was about it. Take it from someone who has watched every tOSU game this year. This was not our best football.

Quote:We don't usually shoot ourselves in the foot with dumb penalties. We haven't scored less than 31 pts/game all year.

We played well in the 2nd quarter, and the beginning of the 3rd, but that was about it. Take it from someone who has watched every tOSU game this year. This was not our best football.
Yeah....mainly because they haven't really played good teams all year.
If that RV sales place wants Tebow in Jax bad enough to take out a billboard saying as much.....they should just HIRE him.

Quote:Yeah....mainly because they haven't really played good teams all year.
That's it. Beat that horse. Beat it dead. 

Quote:LOL. OSU apologists seem to forget unranked Michigan put up 40+ on them and handed the game to OSU. Play a team ranked 10 and get exposed. The tree nuts had no business being ranked 2 in the first place.

OSU fans never forgot Michigan scored 41 points. They just happen to also remember who scored 42 points. I read before the game Michigan has a good defense, so to score that many on them is saying something.

Not playing as well as we usually do is not getting exposed by the opponent. Getting exposed means the Buckeyes played their best football ever and still got blown out. I know as a fact that was not the Buckeyes playing their best football.

Quote:I dissagree

Only because you don't know anything about the Buckeyes except they wear scarlet and gray and play in Columbus, Ohio.

auburn 42 - fsu 31. Ohio State would have been blown out by FSU. something like 50-17. 

im hoping for an ohio state vs alabama match up in the bowls. idk if that is possible. wouldnt be surprised to see osu drop out of the top 5 either though.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

FSU 45

Auburn 27

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

OSU loosing was the worse thing that could happen to FSU. I like Auburn to win.