Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Austin Paztor

I hope they don't settle on Brew as the starting center.  He's valuable as a back up that can play anywhere on the interior.  We need to get younger at C/RG via draft or free agency though.  Why not keep Pazstor at RT and address other areas of need.  

Gene's Myth

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

No to brewster bring in a FA C to provide some stability and veteran ability. Draft a Guard to compete/replace rackley and see if Rackley can push Uche for the RG spot. If not peace out Rackley or remain a backup.

I also though paztor did a great jon on Watt in the running game and held his own on passing downs. Yes there were some pressures and Qb hits but Watt is an All Pro and a monster if no one remembers so to keep him without a sack and only 3 actual tackles is pretty good.

Quote:i personally would like rackley gone, multiple penalties, the hands to the face penalties kill me, sacks and just general poor play (though he looked good in movement blocking in the run game springing a couple of long runs for mjd) mean he is the liability on our line.

Completely understandable. The thing with Rackley is he missed all of last season due to his injury so he missed a whole season of learning and improving. If he can stay healthy(I know its a big IF) I think he still has a lot of room to get better. This season alone he has improved as the season has gone along.

Ultimately, we need better talent in the interior to push the current guys or takes their jobs. Competition is the best thing for this team.

"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

From Bradleys presser today:

"Dave saw something in him early on. He said 'this guy's got a chance for us, now. We need to develop him.' ....that was  very accurate. We're very pleased with him." 

I found that interesting.  Speaks well for our RT and our GM. 

hey remember when we thought Britton was good?

Quote:hey remember when we thought Britton was good?
Britton never did anything that compares to Pasztor's game against Watt. 

Britton was slightly better than Monroe as a rookie and Monroe was very poor his 1st year.

So not sure we thought he was good as such

He was good, then he got injured.

Quote:From Bradleys presser today:

"Dave saw something in him early on. He said 'this guy's got a chance for us, now. We need to develop him.' ....that was  very accurate. We're very pleased with him." 

I found that interesting.  Speaks well for our RT and our GM.

This is definitely good to hear from Gus. For those who have been watching Pasztor has been playing really well. I think this is a guy we can get excited about.

Boselli was very complimentary of Pazstor on Jaguars Monday this week. He said he's much more athletic than he had given him credit for, and that he thinks his ceiling is that of a Zach Strief, RT for the Saints. He also said that Pazstor needs to come into camp weighing around 335lbs to maximize his potential as a run blocker.

Quote:Britton never did anything that compares to Pasztor's game against Watt.
The best part is if he isn't.we have lost nothing

If he is we have our tackles to build the interior between

Let's him get settled and up to weight and give him time

Another season like this with signs of improvement I'll be happy

Quote:Boselli was very complimentary of Pazstor on Jaguars Monday this week. He said he's much more athletic than he had given him credit for, and that he thinks his ceiling is that of a Zach Strief, RT for the Saints. He also said that Pazstor needs to come into camp weighing around 335lbs to maximize his potential as a run blocker.

I don't know how heavy Pazstor should be but I know another off season in the weight room will only help him.

Quote:I'm not sold on Brewster. He's struggled at times. Time to go in a new direction.

Brad Meester struggled at LG before moving to his natural C position. The same might be true for Brewster.

'02

Quote:Brad Meester struggled at LG before moving to his natural C position. The same might be true for Brewster.

Meester was flat-out awful at LG. You may have a point here. 

Quote:Britton was slightly better than Monroe as a rookie and Monroe was very poor his 1st year.

So not sure we thought he was good as such

Yeah, as a rookie you could see that Britton was scrappy and had some fight in him, but once he was exposed on film it went downhill for him. His footwork just didn't cut it. Pasztor tho has been lights out since his first start at RG late in the 2011 season. He's one of the more dominating run blockers that I've seen in Jacksonville since Manuwai left, and I've been pleasantly surprised with his ability to pass protect at RT.

'02

Quote:Yeah, as a rookie you could see that Britton was scrappy and had some fight in him, but once he was exposed on film it went downhill for him. His footwork just didn't cut it. Pasztor tho has been lights out since his first start at RG late in the 2011 season. He's one of the more dominating run blockers that I've seen in Jacksonville since Manuwai left, and I've been pleasantly surprised with his ability to pass protect at RT.

I think Britton's downfall was the back injury he suffered his second year.

Quote:I think Britton's downfall was the back injury he suffered his second year.
Yep.  He declined immediately and significantly. 

Lots of Pasztor in Lageman's Film Room installment today  :

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...98b89157d7

Quote:Yep. He declined immediately and significantly.

Lots of Pasztor in Lageman's Film Room installment today :

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Film-Room-Friday/50772e6f-5d92-49e0-b192-ab98b89157d7'>http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Film-Room-Friday/50772e6f-5d92-49e0-b192-ab98b89157d7</a>

He looked great in that film. So did Cyprien. I can't wait to watch him against the Bills
Shock the world

Interesting note to all of this Pasztor emergence -  

Gene signed him to a two year deal in 2012 and his he's an exclusive rights free agent after this season.  So Caldwell could sign him to a 3 year minimum salary deal and he'd have to take it or retire. All the Jags have to do to retain exclusivity is offer him that contract by the league's deadline for these signings.   So - not only is it possible that (gulp)  Gene Smith  actually got us a RT - but Caldwell could keep him around on the cheap. 

Quote:Interesting note to all of this Pasztor emergence -

Gene signed him to a two year deal in 2012 and his he's an exclusive rights free agent after this season. So Caldwell could sign him to a 3 year minimum salary deal and he'd have to take it or retire. All the Jags have to do to retain exclusivity is offer him that contract by the league's deadline for these signings. So - not only is it possible that (gulp) Gene Smith actually got us a RT - but Caldwell could keep him around on the cheap.
I would even gamble a bit and offer him 1.5 of the minimum per year for 5 years. He might feel compelled to take it and the risk is still low while you lock up a potential solid RT for 5 years on the cheap.