Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The "King Of Queens"

Quote:I hate this kind of show! The ones where they make the husband a selfishly inept moron, and the wife a total shrew of a woman. HATE THEM! I find no comic relief in them what so ever. Everyone love Raymond was one of the worst!

Maybe I put too much thought into it...but I always wonder how in the hell two people like that would ever get married much less stay married! :blink:

Thank you for that comment re Everyone Loves Raymond.

While a handful of the shows were true psycho-dramas and not your father's situation comedy, the rest of them drove me crazy.

Raymond was a writer, but seems to be dumb as a box of rocks and an anti-intellectual. Weird.

And what does Deborah see in him? She seemed to be on a different level and was left to do nothing but scream and resent her situation.

Not saying some weren't funny, but mostly, I don't get it.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. I fell better now.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Wait! Did I see Three's Company mentioned on here? That was an embarrassment to humanity.

They should do a search and destroy every existing tape and burn them immediately, and them bury them.

I shudder just thinking about that show.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Thank you for that comment re Everyone Loves Raymond.

While a handful of the shows were true psycho-dramas and not your father's situation comedy, the rest of them drove me crazy.

Raymond was a writer, but seems to be dumb as a box of rocks and an anti-intellectual. Weird.

And what does Deborah see in him? She seemed to be on a different level and was left to do nothing but scream and resent her situation.

Not saying some weren't funny, but mostly, I don't get it.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. I fell better now.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that felt this way!!!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Oh dang ... I seen Taxi & Night Court mentioned ... I enjoyed both of those. I'm a sitcom junkie. I liked Andy Kaufman (Latca) in Taxi, but as a Comedian I resented him (I think that was what he was going for?). You just couldn't tell if he was really a butt wipe, or pretending. He was horrible (except in Taxi) IMO, but I can understand he just wasn't my cup of comedy tea. Even his wrestling women fiasco wasn't what I would call comedy that I would enjoy.

Oh Gilligan's Island (can't recall who mentioned it) ... Masterpiece of comedy sitcom for it's day. I dream of Genie. How can we not mention the Brady Bunch? Oh, and leave it to Beaver. "Ward, I think you have been a little hard of the beaver lately" ... Little Rascals.

Bchbunnie, Deborah wasn't a shrew, she was the only sane person in the family. I know a lot of women like that. :woot: (okay, at least 1)

Mork and Mindy, did anyone like that? I wouldn't consider myself a Robin Williams fan, but over the years I did warm a little to his comedy style (for lack of a better term).

Anyone remember Topper?

I shall end this post with "There's a little hotel called the Shady Rest at the junction ... Petticoat Junction" Smile

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2013, 11:48 AM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

Quote:early show Carrie, towards the end not so much ( I know she was pregnant she just didn't age well)
I loved her in all the season, but towards the end she looked really tired on the show, I don't know if that resulted from her pregnancy.

IMO that was the best work of Kevin James. I fell asleep on Mallcop and some of the other movies he has done since.

The Black dude who was Doug's co-worker would look good playing OJ Simpson in a biopic or documentary.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Debra was most certainly a shrew.  If Raymond had treated Debra the way Debra treated him -- nobody would find it funny.  Ray is the only sane man in the the show.  (I agree with whoever said Robert was the funniest however)

I much prefer the other tv show about a writer.  Dave's World.  I don't know if anyone remembers it.  Really like Dave Barry.  Reading his columns has probably made me laugh more than any t.v. show.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Seinfeld is my fav, seen every episode multiple times and still get laughs out of it. 

(This post was last modified: 12-07-2013, 03:22 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Anyone remember a short lived sitcom called "Its your Move" in the 80's?.....I think one of the main characters was played by one of the Batemans, and the other main character was the guy that played Darcy's first husband in Married With Children. Basically the main theme of the show was those 2 constantly trying to play practical jokes on each other and one up the other....

Like I said, a little too cerebral for you...

I'm guessing you're into more of a hijinks type show, hence your question about "It's Your Move."

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

Topper was great!  On a totally higher plane than "My mother the Car".

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

Laugh at me if you want...but I think The Golden Girls is probably one of the funniest shows to have been on TV!

Quote:Like I said, a little too cerebral for you...

I'm guessing you're into more of a hijinks type show, hence your question about "It's Your Move."

Yes, too cerebral....meaning hit my head from falling asleep out of boredom watching that crap. One of the more overrated shows ever. 

As for the Its your move thing, I never said it was one of my favs, I was just wondering if anyone else remembers it. It was short lived and kinda obscure. 

Quote:Laugh at me if you want...but I think The Golden Girls is probably one of the funniest shows to have been on TV!

ok Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Quote:Laugh at me if you want...but I think The Golden Girls is probably one of the funniest shows to have been on TV!

*fistbump*   Wink

Quote:*fistbump*   Wink

It's a great show!! Banana

Quote:It's a great show!! Banana

It wasn't my cup of tea, and I don't think it was a bad show by any means, just a chick show....so not surprised you enjoyed it. 

ah ha ha ha! ... ah ha ha ha! ... ah ha ha ha! ... <span style="font-size:14px;">ah ha ha ha! ... </span> AAAH HA HA HA! ... AAAH HA HA HA!

Okay, not really. Tongue I would hit them. You know? and then there's Maud.

Another one of my favorites that didn't get much notoriety is the Bill Cosby show ... oh, and Hogans Hero's, Happy Days ... Mash, Green Acres, All in the Family (even though), Sanford & Son ... Oh man, Sanford and Son was another of those very special Sitcoms, If there were a hall of fame of comedians Redd Foxx would be a centerpiece bust.

If I had to pick one out of all of them as my mostest favorite. I would have to go with the Andy Griffith show.

sigh, I so love strolling along memory lane. Love 

Quote: 

It's a row of crack dens, now.

Quote:ah ha ha ha! ... ah ha ha ha! ... ah ha ha ha! ... <span style="font-size:14px;">ah ha ha ha! ... </span> AAAH HA HA HA! ... AAAH HA HA HA!

Okay, not really. Tongue I would hit them. You know? and then there's Maud.

Another one of my favorites that didn't get much notoriety is the Bill Cosby show ... oh, and Hogans Hero's, Happy Days ... Mash, Green Acres, All in the Family (even though), Sanford & Son ... Oh man, Sanford and Son was another of those very special Sitcoms, If there were a hall of fame of comedians Redd Foxx would be a centerpiece bust.

If I had to pick one out of all of them as my mostest favorite. I would have to go with the Andy Griffith show.

Go ahead and laugh....Im okay with it! I also like Matlock and Murder, She Wrote. They remind me of watching tv with my Grams! Love

Quote:It's a row of crack dens, now.

True, but it's still the same chicks from 70 years ago ... A little wrinkly, but the same ones.

Wait? are we talking about the same thing? Gathering eggs from the Chicken Coop, right? It's just a coincidence that egg looks just like me. :o

Quote:Go ahead and laugh....Im okay with it! I also like Matlock and Murder, She Wrote. They remind me of watching tv with my Grams! Love

Well, Matlock was for the hip youngsters ... I just didn't understand today's youth when Matlock was popular. Besides, I don't think it was a sitcom, right? but if you want drama ... How about watching Mighty Joe Young? :thumbsup:

A few months ago the original King Kong was on (with Fay Wray, and all) ... I watched it. :yes: Still Love  that movie.