Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
7-9

Quote:I agree....and I was one that was totally for tanking the games and finishing with the top draft pick. But to be honest, its not very much fun. During the actual game day I'm rooting for the Jags to win anyway. 

I am starting to have the feeling that if the Jags continue to win, the things that need to take care of themselves will. In other words we don't have to finish lousy just to get our QB. 

If it happens fine, but if we win then, even better. 

A 6 game winning streak to close out the season will be a good momentum boost for the offseason/ next season. 

Glad to have you on board TMD!  

On topic, I don't think we will all 4 of our final games.  If we can pull 2 out I'd be really happy.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Glad to have you on board TMD!  

On topic, I don't think we will all 4 of our final games.  If we can pull 2 out I'd be really happy.

If the Jags can win this week, I think the Jags will win all of the remaining 3 games as well. That Colts game at seasons end is almost a lock for the Colts to rest their starters if Cinci beats them this week. 

You know what they say......

"Winning fixes everything." 

Quote:You know what they say......

What? All I've heard the past month is tanking will fix this franchise. Are you saying they were wrong!?!?!

Quote:You know what they say......

Even TMD's attitude. Big Grin

"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Figured I'd ask this here.  If we manage to run the table and finish 7-9, how much consideration do you think Bradley would get for COY?

Quote:What? All I've heard the past month is tanking will fix this franchise. Are you saying they were wrong!?!?!
LOL.  Part of me just can't be mad at the church of teddy crew.  It has been really, really, really hard to watch the QB situation for our beloved Jags for a LONG time.

Nonetheless -  (1)there are a number of QBs in this draft  (2) we could still end up with TheBigTedOne (3) I think Caldwell is savvy enough to find a way to get his guy if he feels certain he's "the guy"

All of that said  - winning really fixes everything.  I just can't wait till we've seen enough of it to make the relocation and attendance blabber disappear.   'Cause more winning will fix that too. 

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013, 09:26 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Figured I'd ask this here.  If we manage to run the table and finish 7-9, how much consideration do you think Bradley would get for COY?

Probably not much. 

Remember, the award by definition/ title is "Coach of the Year", not "coach of the half year"....

The 0-8 start would negate it. 

Quote:Figured I'd ask this here.  If we manage to run the table and finish 7-9, how much consideration do you think Bradley would get for COY?
A few weeks ago I would of said Andy Reid is a lock for that but now losing their last 3 and if they continue to lose its possible if we win out and would be well deserved.

ok.... this is getting a bit weird.

Quote:Probably not much. 

Remember, the award by definition/ title is "Coach of the Year", not "coach of the half year"....

The 0-8 start would negate it. 

I'd agree.  Not arguing he should, and highly doubt he would.  Just asking purely how much consideration he would get.  Given the national view on the team, coupled with the start, just wanted to see what others might think.

Unless the Chiefs totally implode I still think Reid is a lock. They we 2-14 and will probably end up winning eleven games. That +9 wins is real hard to overlook.

I think Bradley will get some positive comments, but not sure if any votes.

I'm just thankful that the talk of being the worst of all time has ended.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote: 

I'm just thankful that the talk of being the worst of all time has ended.

Few if any of the intelligent fans were buying into that "worst of all time" hyperbole anyway. 

Quote:Few if any of the intelligent fans were buying into that "worst of all time" hyperbole anyway. 

It wasnt a hyperbole at the time, the first 8 weeks we were statistically historically bad in many categories.

Quote:It wasnt a hyperbole at the time, the first 8 weeks we were statistically historically bad in many categories.

Right, but it was also a murderers row stretch of schedule. The 2nd half schedule is cake by comparison. Yet people still envisioned the Jags to play as bad in the 2nd half as the first half. It was crazy. 

Quote:Yet people still envisioned the Jags to play as bad in the 2nd half as the first half. It was crazy. 

I actually remember most of the regular posters here commenting on the schedule getting easier going back to week 3 or 4.   It was painfully obvious by week 5 that the schedule would be easier in the second half of the season.   Who are these "people" you write about?  Comment section posters in the O-Zone?  Maybe there were half a dozen or so insisting on 0-16 - but I think even those guys were just bitter over the double-digit losses.  

Quote:I actually remember most of the regular posters here commenting on the schedule getting easier going back to week 3 or 4.   It was painfully obvious by week 5 that the schedule would be easier in the second half of the season.   Who are these "people" you write about?  Comment section posters in the O-Zone?  Maybe there were half a dozen or so insisting on 0-16 - but I think even those guys were just bitter over the double-digit losses.  

Well, I don't know what you were reading then, because many of the posts in the threads I was reading were predicting 0-16 and worst team EVARRR type crap. 

Quote:Well, I don't know what you were reading then, because many of the posts in the threads I was reading were predicting 0-16 and worst team EVARRR type crap. 
werent one of the people who was advocating going 0-16 just to secure the #1 pick  :whistling:

Quote:Well, I don't know what you were reading then, because many of the posts in the threads I was reading were predicting 0-16 and worst team EVARRR type crap. 

Like I said in the previous post  - I think that was mostly the same handful of debbie downers saying that stuff over and over.     I don't think it was a majority or even half of us for that matter.

I know for a fact that after week 6 when we played better offense vs the broncos many posters were calling for wins with the easier schedule coming. 

There were plenty more doing the same  in week 4 after it was clear that the first 3 losses were to better teams than people originally thought. 

I'm just thankful that not only has the team turned around, but after the second win, and especially after this third, all the "ooooh no we need to tank, ooooh no they're ruining our draft position!" mess has nearly ceased.

I'm a Bama guy. That sucked. But truthfully? Watching the Jags almost every week the past 3 years (thank you, NFL Sunday Ticket, I'm in TX by the way), I am much more thrilled about the Jags improving and even winning than I am down about any crazy Bama loss ruining the chances at another title. (Blasphemy, I KNOW!)

To be able to watch an entire Jacksonville game and actually not fall asleep by halftime with the game out of hand, it's a great feeling.

For a coaching staff that is doing what they are with what they have, and a management crew and GM who are now being proved right for their eye for talent, they will find their quarterback. We can finish 3-13 or 7-9. They can take him top 5 or 6-15. They may move around in the first. They may end up taking him in the second. Or trade back into the 1st for the guy. But they'll find THE guy and I think most of us at this point will give said guy some time to prove them right (at least 3/4 of a season, after this year and the new players, right?? lol).

Realistically though, if we win less than 2 of the remaining games, I'll be disappointed due to this current 4-game stretch. If we win all 4, I'll be shocked. I see 6-10 as a very likely outcome now.

Not bad for the worst team ever.