Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
The possibility of the Jags going 8-8 or 7-9

Corn

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Corn

My thoughts exactly.

One of these years.............

Quote:I may be off by 1 if some team fails to catch the flight to Jacksonville, or a stadium and the entire organization for a team we'll be visiting in the 2nd half of the season is swallowed up by a giant sink hole. 
That would be the point where Denard Robinson catches a pass, runs backwards into the wrong endzone, then spikes the ball in celebration. It goes out the back, safety, Jaguars lose 2-0 to thin air. In their own stadium after the game was moved, no less.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2013, 03:03 PM by dwolf.)

We will not win six games.  In fact, unless the Bucs win a game or preferably two we will not win any games.  The Indy showed everyone the only way to truly rebuild in the new pass happy NFL.  You absolutely, must get a franchise QB in the draft.  The only way to do that for certain is to have the first overall pick in the draft.  Indy did not win any games in the year before they drafted Luck until it was clear that they were getting the first overall pick.  NY does not need a QB first overall.  So it is a race to the bottom between the Jags and Tampa.

So if you want to see the team win any games this year root for the Tampa and NY to turn things around.  I added NY just to be safe.

I'd honestly be shocked if the Jags win 3. 

Quote:We will not win six games. In fact, unless the Bucs win a game or preferably two we will not win any games. The Indy showed everyone the only way to truly rebuild in the new pass happy NFL. You absolutely, must get a franchise QB in the draft. The only way to do that for certain is to have the first overall pick in the draft. Indy did not win any games in the year before they drafted Luck until it was clear that they were getting the first overall pick. NY does not need a QB first overall. So it is a race to the bottom between the Jags and Tampa.

So if you want to see the team win any games this year root for the Tampa and NY to turn things around. I added NY just to be safe.
There is no Andrew Luck in this draft though.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:There is no Andrew Luck in this draft though.

There wont be another Luck for a while. Teddy is the closest thing to that though. 

Certainly I would tend to agree but the coach of USF might contest our assesment.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...ndrew-luck

There are some franchise players in this draft though.

Quote:We will not win six games.  In fact, unless the Bucs win a game or preferably two we will not win any games.  The Indy showed everyone the only way to truly rebuild in the new pass happy NFL.  You absolutely, must get a franchise QB in the draft.  The only way to do that for certain is to have the first overall pick in the draft.  Indy did not win any games in the year before they drafted Luck until it was clear that they were getting the first overall pick.  NY does not need a QB first overall.  So it is a race to the bottom between the Jags and Tampa.

So if you want to see the team win any games this year root for the Tampa and NY to turn things around.  I added NY just to be safe.

I agree thats how we should be approaching the rest of the season, but this is the Jaguars.....we had our own chance to get Andrew Luck that same year and instead we decided winning some late season meaningless games is more important. The same thing could happen again here, I wouldn't be shocked. 

Keep on lying to yourself by saying that....maybe you'll start believing it. 

Quote: 

I agree thats how we should be approaching the rest of the season, but this is the Jaguars.....we had our own chance to get Andrew Luck that same year and instead we decided winning some late season meaningless games is more important. The same thing could happen again here, I wouldn't be shocked. 

Keep on lying to yourself by saying that....maybe you'll start believing it. 

That's what I'm hoping for.  Get a couple meaningless wins, keep the team mired in perpetual mediocrity.  No way do you want to draft Bridgewater and break the cycle and start winning consistently.  Fans would start to remember the days of Brunell/Taylor/Smith/McCardell, what it was like to actually be "good".

Just wanted to throw my .02 in.  There is 0 chance that we win more than 2 games this season.

We have the worst QB and O-line position groups in the NFL. Were pretty much at the bottom of the league in pass rush, as well as run defense. 

Those combinations will not allow us to win without a lot of luck. We could win 1 game at the most, but who knows which one because we are heavily outmatched on paper to every team.  

Quote:You people do realize this is sarcasm, right?  No one is really THAT DUMB to believe the Jaguars are going to win out.

The truth is something similar happened before. We lack the talent to do that again, obviously, but with better players, we can repeat 1996.

You all should go buy lottery tickets if you truly belive this buncha losers is going to reel off 8-9 straight game.... we can't even score at home.....

ahhahahahahahahahahah

hahahaha

hahaha

haha

I think I wet my self a little

Quote:There wont be another Luck for a while. Teddy is the closest thing to that though.
To you. Much like your dumb Robinson/Todman 'argument'. Luck was the clear cut #1. He would have gone #1 if he declared as a junior as well. There is no clear cut #1 this year. They all have some sort of question mark.

Quote:Keep on lying to yourself by saying that....maybe you'll start believing it.
That is absolutely hilarious coming from you. Unbelievably hilarious actually.

There is NO Andrew Luck in this draft. The 'experts' can't even agree who the best QB is, let alone who the first pick will be.

Clown.

Quote:That is absolutely hilarious coming from you. Unbelievably hilarious actually.

There is NO Andrew Luck in this draft. The 'experts' can't even agree who the best QB is, let alone who the first pick will be.

Clown.

I think there are at least two QB's in this draft that can come out and put up the same numbers as Luck their first two seasons. Luck is nothing more than average this year.

Luck's current ranks:

Yards: 19th

Y/A: 22nd

PCT: 17th

TD: 13th (Tied)

Yds/G: 24th 

I'm sure someone in this draft is gonna be putting up better numbers than that.

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

I dont want us to draft anymore Gibblets, Jokels, or Clowns....I'm fed up with bad draft picks....

I can't even take my kid to a Jaguar game because watching them only shows him how to lose... I don't want my kid to be a Bandwagon Patriots or Saints fan...I want him to go with dad to watch "Our team".... I can't let my kid watch the garbage on Everbank field...

Score some points... win some games... and I will bring my kid to the game to experience "a winning atmosphere,"

Until then.. we're going fishing on Sundays.

Quote:That is absolutely hilarious coming from you. Unbelievably hilarious actually.

Clown.

Yo sound mad, bro

Quote:I don't think it's all that crazy but 0-16 is way more likely than 7-9 at this point. 

If the light bulb comes on and they finally figure out how to score touchdowns the rest of the schedule has pretty winnable games (to a team that actually scores touchdowns that is). 
The lights may come on, but nobody's home

Blakes Life Matters