Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Henne To Start in London, Gabbert to Back up

Quote:...so if someone traded a 7th for Gabbert that would be able to be justified in your book?...because its a low pick?....

Not sure if you are defending the move up there or not. 

I'd take a ham sandwich for Gabbert.  A 7th rounder would mean we fleeced the other team!

One of these years.............

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:John Oehser‏@<b>JohnOehser</b>10m

#<b>Jaguars</b> HC Gus Bradley said Henne will start with Gabbert as the backup. Says team will start Henne and "see where it takes us."

Gabbert era might officially be done.
There's no "might" about it.  Gabbert is healthy and practicing this week.  He's lost the starting gig, and rightfully so.  The guy just can't put it together. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:No opinion given. Just pointing out he traded a 7th rounder for McCown. Not really sure why you even brought up Gabbert.

Then why did you feel the need to mention anything at all. McCown was traded for and it was ridiculous. Regardless of what they gave in return. 

Quote:Pretty much exactly this. It just does not matter. Posts like "Thank God" baffle me as if either QB is a good option. My post would have been the same if BG had been named starter.

I don't think anybody in their right mind sees either as a good option. I am no Henne fanboy. But he at least makes the games watchable. It was quite frankly embarrasing to sit in that stadium twice and watch Gabbert play for this team.

Quote:I don't think anybody in their right mind sees either as a good option. I am no Henne fanboy. But he at least makes the games watchable. It was quite frankly embarrasing to sit in that stadium twice and watch Gabbert play for this team.

They'll need Gabbert to start some of those games in the 2nd half of season if they really want that #1 overall pick. 

Quote:They'll need Gabbert to start some of those games in the 2nd half of season if they really want that #1 overall pick. 

Why? Henne has won one game as a starter for this team. You act as if he is all of a sudden going to run off wins for them. I don't expect to win with either QB. But Gabbert is just plain sad to watch.

Quote:Why? Henne has won one game as a starter for this team. You act as if he is all of a sudden going to run off wins for them. I don't expect to win with either QB. But Gabbert is just plain sad to watch.

As pointed out several times over the past several weeks, there are lots of winnable games on that 2nd half schedule. 

Houston = in free fall

Tennessee = exposed as mediocre at best

Arizona, Cleveland, Buffalo = all mediocre teams which now all also have major QB issues.

Indy = will likely be resting starters week 17 as the division will long be locked up.  

Any game the Jaguars could win with Henne they could win just as easily with Gabbert.

For the Jaguars to win any games it's going to have to come via a lot of effort from everyone around the QB, especially the defense. Henne doesn't do well at the ends of close games. The only game he won last year was because jake locker was the other team's QB and he threw an INT to ice the game. That's the sort of situation the Jaguars will need to win any games this season.

Gabbert will probably start again this season for the same reason that Henne is starting now, injury. This o-line gives up to many hits on QB for these guys to withstand the beating. Big Ben they ain't.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:As pointed out several times over the past several weeks, there are lots of winnable games on that 2nd half schedule. 

Houston = in free fall

Tennessee = exposed as mediocre at best

Arizona, Cleveland, Buffalo = all mediocre teams which now all also have major QB issues.

Indy = will likely be resting starters week 17 as the division will long be locked up.  

Think about this: 

of the above, the best QB by far the Jags will face in these games is likely Jake Locker....and thats only if he can stay healthy until then, which certainly is no given....

Otherwise, the Jags will likely face: 

Case Keenum/ Carson Palmer/ Jason Campbell/ Jeff Tuel/ Colts backup over the course of those 8 games...

Quote:Any game the Jaguars could win with Henne they could win just as easily with Gabbert.

For the Jaguars to win any games it's going to have to come via a lot of effort from everyone around the QB, especially the defense. Henne doesn't do well at the ends of close games. The only game he won last year was because jake locker was the other team's QB and he threw an INT to ice the game. That's the sort of situation the Jaguars will need to win any games this season.
I miss the good ol days when you used to back Gabbert no matter what. Thanks for coming around and realizing that both QB's suck. Welcome Home.

Quote:Think about this: 

of the above, the best QB by far the Jags will face in these games is likely Jake Locker....and thats only if he can stay healthy until then, which certainly is no given....

Case Keenum/ Carson Palmer/ Jason Campbell/ Jeff Tuel/ Colts backup over the course of those 8 games...

Just because our schedule is easier doesn't automatically qualify us for going on a winning streak.  We still have the same stinkfest in teal.  We lost to the Raiders 19-9 (19-3 until a garbage time TD).  We may win 1 or 2 out of those games, but more that that would make you delusional.  We are still the Jaguars.

One of these years.............

Quote:Isn't he starting for the Bears now?

His brother Josh is doing that.

I could care less, I imagine about half way into the 2nd quarter again I'll be off to do something else.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2013, 12:26 PM by JAGFAN88.)

Quote:Any game the Jaguars could win with Henne they could win just as easily with Gabbert.

The problem is henne can't and has'nt won a game since he has been here though he has actually lost several for us. Gabbert at least has won some games. And don't even mention the tacks game we won with henne he did everythingin his power to lose that game and had lost that game untill the defense snatched the victory from the jaws of defeat.

Quote:Think about this: 

You obviously did not read the entire post. The best quarterback on that list is Andrew Luck.

Quote:Just because our schedule is easier doesn't automatically qualify us for going on a winning streak.  We still have the same stinkfest in teal.  We lost to the Raiders 19-9 (19-3 until a garbage time TD).  We may win 1 or 2 out of those games, but more that that would make you delusional.  We are still the Jaguars.
Tampa Bay remaining Schedule:

Panthers

@Seahawks

vs.Dolphins

vs.Falcons

@Lions

@Panthers

vs.Bills

vs.49ers

@Rams

@Saints

Just throwing it out there that i think we have more winnable games than them

(This post was last modified: 10-23-2013, 12:31 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Just because our schedule is easier doesn't automatically qualify us for going on a winning streak.  We still have the same stinkfest in teal.  We lost to the Raiders 19-9 (19-3 until a garbage time TD).  We may win 1 or 2 out of those games, but more that that would make you delusional.  We are still the Jaguars.

I'm not saying anything about going on a winning streak, but even 2 or 3 wins in those 8 could mean the difference between getting even a top 2 pick and not, let alone Bridgewater. 

Quote:You obviously did not read the entire post. The best quarterback on that list is Andrew Luck.

You obviously are not comprehending when reading again over the course of this post. Luck will likely be sitting week 17 due to the Colts having the division wrapped up. 

We already have a thread about this.

Quote:Tampa Bay remaining Schedule:

Panthers

@Seahawks

vs.Dolphins

vs.Falcons

@Lions

@Panthers

vs.Bills

vs.49ers

@Rams

@Saints